Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: AAR-MEN-NIEN

Icon1 AAR-MEN-NIEN

Hey there Delilah !

Actually, my first AARstory, give it a chance.
    I recommend colors for better structure or at least some kind of eyecancer
    red = songtext quoted stuff affilliated with a deeper meaning on an actual situation ( it was just a Twist in my sobriety ) with a link => use by rightclick and open in new tab
    green = comment from the author regarding gameplay and technical items and from everyone else who is capable of getting the difference
    blue = thoughts of the protagonists, or whom?

Settings:
    DLV 5.2 + unique kings + extra crusade/jihad targets
    Difficulty VH/VH I personally have always chosen vh/m before, because afaik on m there is no bonus or malus on the battlefield for both, the player and the ai ... i just don't see the sense in giving the cpu advantages which it should not need, whould it been programmed properly. but because it's common sense that anything other than vh/vh is cheating, i'll give it a try

Size Huge

No other extra Changes pregame.

Beside that, there are some restrictions alongside with some freedom that i use for the journey:
    No adoptions
    No Alliances with Turks or other Muslim Factions ( except maybe the Mongols for historic reasons )
    No merchant camps Seminar 34. "How to cut off the competition in the Timber-market : Useful animals and tinktures "
    No conversion processions simply because noone will be able to speak the armenien names correctly when its more than ONE
    or cause the priests cant stand each other and would hate to be the twentyfirst one to knock on the door and start like " Why the orthodox way is the better way to heaven "

I do will use cheap and even cheaper tactics to overcome all obstacles
    But i do will also bind them into the storyline and make them seem natural - thats the tougher part of it. Like, say, make the papacy allied with the Aztecs just in order to export the pope to america.

Some kind of music-interference.
    ->
    An add-on here and there in German -> this one could be quite odd, but i just makes sense because of the lyrics do fit well within the game scene and the language.
    If u like to understand, there are always ways to learn and get a clue. if not, then not. U are still free to open your mouth and tell me ich find dich scheisse.

Beside some minor tweakings in storytelling, the surrounding cast will get a more intense involvement.

Basically, two or more of them will have a conversation ( or two ) about god, the world and why the beer is so thin nowadays.

Hope u enjoy! And i don't forget to do/post it ...

Disclaimer

Links to youtube, pictures, lines and text are heavily offending, containing blood, violence, gore, explicit content and are not permitted to be explored by people that are below 120 years of age and did not start smoking after the birth of their great-grandchild.

Description

I choose Armenien, as an orthodox Faction capable of just hiding in the mountains, already experienced in the art of losing the wealth when the armies march through your country since .... ever? yesterday....while during the same time they appear to be heavily supporters of the christian armies!
    The days of great Armenien glory are long forgotten, like the extension under Tigranes the Great back in the days before christus.

In Fact, our main lands are occupied by seldjuks and many armeniens are forced to look for other places to live.
    Beside that, everything is fine, we're proud owner of intrigues, assassination, internal fights for power etc..

To escape death or servitude at the hands of those who had assassinated his relative, Gagik II, King of Ani, an Armenian named Roupen with some of his countrymen went into the gorges of the Taurus Mountains and then into Tarsus of Cilicia. Here the Byzantine governor of the place gave them shelter. Thus, from around 1080 to 1375, the focus of Armenian nationalism moved south, as the Armenian Kingdom of Cilicia.

As the first christian state of the world, largely thanks to St. Gregory the Illuminator, there's something to defend.

With control of the trade, a strong kingdom could evolve..like it did in history. Diplomacy is also a strong key to survive in an "freindly" environment. no typo - a quote

Little Armenia, also known as lesser Armenia might be weak but is hungry and so will i.... play them (weak) and eating... hoping not to vomit..
    Imo, Major Powers are mostly too wide spread - its too hard to get personal with 20 different generals, 30 diplomats, 40 provinces, 50 spies and 60 priests.
    Important to mention : i have till today never played DLV further then 20 make that 40 turns , so i might be annihilated before 1220 as well as surpass my mission in 40 turns... Anything can happen.
    I will though act accordingly to logic and some historical framesets.
    The Campaign Mission goal is long: 25 provinces and holding Adana, Sis and Antioch.
    Why? - Because I do not like to see having "Exterminate all the Turks today"-lines on the daily checkbox.

Moving forward i have a task, worthy of only the mightiest of generals.. err, Forum Users.
    To make comment, show appreciation or hatred, please use the voices and/or pictures of the supporting cast

for example :

: You shall suffer the hudud for your impertinence, infidel!

or
    These newcomers cant even piss straightforward, i really miss the old times when 10 consecutive bloody paintings counted already as a good story..

alright, next post to start..

Argh, still inhabitants in here ? MOVE OUT, this place is occupied by now for the soldiers of our mighty Arqa Rouben! By the way, dont forget to hand me over the key for your daughters chastity belts...

Ps: I've experienced that imageshack is not reliable. Whenever you see a picture missing in any post, pls report to me per pm. thanks.
    Last edited by LlamaD; April 15, 2008 at 09:50 AM.

Default Content index

Index of Content

Act I - Land of Confusion

- Land of Confusion
    - Urgent
    - It's been a hard days (k)night
    - Trustmarriage
    - One of a kind
    - Fama(ousdis)gusta
    - Shipdumping
    - Rebel Yell
    - Spoiled
    - Give and take
    - Keep your Dream and gimme the money
    - Colossus claimings
    - The good, the bad and the ugly
    - Money Money Money
    - Disappear
    - What you gonna do?
    - Mo'Money
    - Access denied
    - Maul Halt
    - On the road again(st)
    - One step (c)loser
    - Point of no return
    - End of all Peace

Interlude
    - Interview with a vampire Ghostwriter

Act II - It's too late

- It's too late
    - I am the last..
    - Run for..
    - Hang on
    - Martyrs
    - Talk to the hand
    - One thing
    - One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest
    - Knocking on Tyrant's door
    - Florins duel
    - Repeat please
    - Nu schit
    - Activation
    - Lets go! (They do not move.)
    - Handwashing
    - Second Life lost.
    - Talking Coins
    - 'Ar Queen
    - Another one bites the dust
    - Trap encountered
    - Walking tall
    - Prepare or dare
    - A tale of two halves
    - Build me up before you go-go
    - Saint Jude
    - Enemy mine
    - The Secret of Cakmak - Thanks to PowerWizard
    - Propaganda - ... the Guest, not Ghost
    - Middle Left Right
    - Dirty deeds - .... writer
    - Hold it, hold it... HOLD IT!
    - Any minute now
    - Face the coin(cidence)
    - Sandcastles - ..for the...
    - Lair or Liar?
    - The Saints
    - Where do you lead me?
    - "No need to not fear - the Underdog is here!" - And some peanuts...
    - Switching and itching
    - Cakmak is crowned - ...really original title...
    - Sweet children and violent pastoralists
    - And i see you standing there
    - The law
    - Hard day, yes it has been a hard day
    - More chestwarming...treatment (mainly spelling).
    - Know your daddy
    - Moving squatters inside out
    - Free(d)anger
    - Successfully scared away
    - Checkers

Interlude 2nd

- The published Interview

Act III - Close the circle

-Close the Circle
    -He's just the same
    -Clever Princes
    -Make War, not Love
    -Mercy
    -Knaves-applied, God-approved.
    -Sucettes
    -Cross the Bride.
    -Silly Rumours

The links are for each posting seperately. However, if you don't read
    from the beginning to the end
    losers lose, winners win
    this is real, we ain't got to pretend...
    The cold world that we in
    It's full of pressure and pain
    Enough of me slave now listen to (the ) Game

err... you might miss something. Several somethings. Basically, you might not understand anything.

Ok. Fine.

So now it's time to battle the disobedient readers ...and writing stuff!

Todo: play the game further (1265) v |link content with index v| i know few read this, but how impossible hard is it to actually roleplay in an roleplaying AAR for an roleplaying MOD ?

To say it with the words of alltime-high Josh Howard: " Crazy, man. Y'all hilarious."

Meanwhile i put up the open storylines, just to remember myself.
    I mean, i don't get new customers, they are basicially the same dirty dozen as three month ago. And they jump straight to the last page. They don't check the 2nd post (ever :p ) .
    So there's no danger that anyone sees this and decides to actually work something out with this knowledge that would put me up to the task of interacting. That would ultimately reduce time between updates. Horrible thought.

Phew.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Open storylines.

Not every line will be completed. some interfere.

- Winnetou, Sherlock & Robin - DONE FOR NOW!
    - Drastamad - DONE FOR NOW! Arsen reopens later...maybe.
    - Heroic victories in each and almost every battle. The nobles are not really suspicious. But what if they demand explanation?
    - The cypress resouce. Way to the power and beyond.
    - Drtad(†), uncle of Arsen. mysterious
    - Beatrice and her dead husband. what lead to the war against armenia thereafter? And what is she doing now?
    - aghavni(†) & the magic birth . disclosed until reopened
    - God's mood. blasphemy²
    - gagik(†)'s motives. collecting alliances? c'mon...
    - Arsen's wound below the belt. pssst
    - Rouben(†)s ashes
    - the missing faithful servant - FOUND at PORTUGAL. ty Darkan
    - the jewish merchants ...still waitin'
    - the turkish princesses. everyone hates 'em ?
    - bard, beguiling bard and jack the brilliant fool
    - fred & his strange dreams & paul & tom & carl ( carl got his cameo)
    - the pagan magician. what are his plans ? why does he join cakmak, too?
    - taxation station ( later local authorities. bureaucracy³)
    - taoist. wherto, sire ?
    - owl. RLY!
    - the spymaster. only a servant? maybe a fouché? Definitly not a loyal subject!
    - dzaghig's work is DONE!
    - foreign merchants have to suffer
    - pirates ( Ya_kub the Smuggler † , long live Sevket the Smuggler!)
    - furin w/o drillhamster
    - mercenaries captain
    - crew from ship
    - Secret love
    - IRS
    - Arqayazn Ghazig and his hand . Status : gout.
    - Adoptions. see nobles
    - nobles. unknown. well, not really. but yet. will anyone play their part?
    - Cakmak Hemedani. Where from ? nice career in sight. and nice little voyage, too. And not so nice little wife, yikes. DEAD?
    - Yasin Tatar. and the children of his wife.
    - "Skirailga" and the magic bread - stonehard
    - A-team
    - The world-ending riddle. plz do not solve before 1270
    - Haydar Khucendi. and the children......you get it.
    - Wise man... rarely found
    - Nu man having fun at prison. or something..
    - English Cityhalls & Roger the Cityhaller
    - the infamous sexual mental Vigor, the Continous. (w/e)
    - Training an Army. Hip hip horray. DONE
    - Gabriel. See you at the angels. - DONE
    - The influence of propaganda. subliminal messages, anyone?
    - nephew Goriun.
    - lot's of children. Crazy family, i suspect.
    - Abirad the Saint Strategos and his former boygroup of saints... develops quite a bit, eh? NOT
    - The man sent to the wise man asking him the important question. albeit the important question, if you ask the spymaster. or the Arqa. or...
    - Conspiracy by and against..... ? -easy to tell. for the read..
    - 3 nice little illegitimate kids... gotta love 'em...ALL.
    - ghazo vomitarily sick...err -DONE

Drillmaster@hand.yasin
    jemus
    Authorities - livingstock-taxes & animal health
    That oddly white knight....the jerus are bribing husbands away, too ?
    Abdullala mallasomethings... why he has to die? why he doesn't do it? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    NEW
    why so serious arsen thou malevolent honest deceiving killer and tyrant ?
    geuregh - merciful mauler at best
    daniel- at what mian?
    gosdan- went and killed and killed and went chivy-savy
    gosdant lame of loin and whatnot

Conspiraarcy? nice nobles &spymaster
    regligious interferences...
    Son Fran...-^^
    mahmad journeys too
    war has never been so much fun.

Fix planned
    - Nationsexport
    - Orders
    - Merchants
    - intelligence
    - helping allies
    - schizophrenia

---------------
    Running gags w/ Haegar
    Paused
    -ships
    Live
    -wiseman
    -tavern
    -taxes
    -sieges
    -battles
    -border patrols
    Future
    -weapons
    -cooking
    -islands
    -------------------

.- biographer's story
    . herald's revenge (you know where to find it if you want to)
    . bio's almostdeath. ty suckers
    . skeletons as lodgers (ty ivanhoex)
    . looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time between pages.
    . using a-team and maybe some more weapons of mass-destruction to burn false-posters .( educated guess = neverending story )
    a-team failed. weapons failed ;( posters failed :p

ps:
    Hail to Furin. (knees and prays.)
    Bless you! to Xtiaan72
    Shoutouts to Darkan, the
    not so faithful Servant yet even moreso amiable reader.
    Tap on the shoulder to Aeon`
    A hungry dog for ivanhoex
    King's Eyes to PowerWizard
    Mandylion for Blackleaf-Willie
    pps:

Last edited by LlamaD; May 04, 2009 at 10:39 AM. Reason: adding † ﭏ

Default Act I - Land of Confusion

Kilikian Armenia, also known as Lesser Armenia also known as Little Armenia also known as Armenia. Now that is astonishing

Rough times lie beyond and ahead the Arqa Rouben.

Once a formidable Fighter on the battlefield, he is now feeling the age coming and has to pay his tribute. Kingdom is short on Leaders, only his one and only son, Arqayazn Arsen could fill in this role.

Bad economy, trouble with religious issues, almost surrounded by the seldjuks that are also occupieng the homelands, weak on allies and troops as much as authority among the armenian nobles, the Arqa has to act real sneaky to survive.

Fortunately, the Armenian Kingdom has a strong navy fleet,
    commanded by the savvy

Unfortunatly, since they demand to be made only of wood from a cypress, they costs to keep the fleet are way to expansive. So to speak, Ashot gets adressed to "solve" this little problem. Shortly thereafter, 2 of his brothers are commanded to take one ship each and explore the coasts near and far away. Gagos, the younger one, sails straight to egypt, just to find out he cant understand any word they speak down there. His Brother Gostig on the other hand was lucky enough to catch the byzantine fleet nearby cyprus.

After some weeks, Ashot reported the armenian navy ready to sail with one ship total. Why only one ? Well, one third of the royal fleet hit a rock down in egypt waters, and another third was ominously captured by a marauding pirate merchant.

I guess Admiral Gostig wasn't that lucky

Meanwhile, the other 4 corners

of Arqa's power certainly weren't idle.

Beautiful well, kinda Princess Beatrice was sent straightaway to establish an alliance with the longterm friendandfoe Byzanz. At least they pray to the same gods...err, god.

Incredibly skilled diplomate Gagik gaze of persuasion, perhaps, beside the fact that he was the only one capable of writing and reading,traveled south to make arrangements with the Crusader states.

The royal spy Bedros Amatuni was ordered to make sure where the borders to our next enemy were and faithful Bishop Atrnerseh was just about to teach the citizen of Adana the right way as he found out that way too many islamic women seized the country to get overwhelmed in religious discussions at the doorstep. Especially by someone having a hard time spelling his own name.

Nevertheless, Arqa Rouben ordered his son Arsen to meet him at Capitol Adana, to speak with him about "urgent" issues.
    Last edited by LlamaD; July 05, 2008 at 08:20 AM.

Default Urgent

: "Son, i'm glad you made it to the meeting. It might surprise you a little bit why i am here outside the town halfway to you, but we are short on time. So, listen carefully what you've got to know.
    First and foremost, I am forced to step down from the military command. The Cities well, actually THE City need my governance. That means you have to lead our armenian troops to glory and victory. I am sure you will become one of the best Generals a simple Arqa like me can wish for as to be his son, therefore and in case that if not....those banners are very nice, aren't they ? "
    :"As you wish, my Arqa. I'm ready for any challenge to avoid ."

:" Well, well. As a sign of honour i assign you a sign of assign...arrr....i mean i transfer my personal Quartermaster to your entourage. He will be helpful to make campment in high quality beds never empty of livestock.. Take good care of him. He never entered battlefield without a bed. Or was it bedled fled from battle ? I just don't remember... Bad bedbattles ..*sigh*"
    :" "How grateful my liege. He will be a perfect fit alongside my Drillmaster. This one has been too long away from man with any kind of behaviour other than raw and crude ones. Anything else i shall know ? "

:" Indeed, some small things remain. Beware of the Seldjuks. They still oppress our native homelands and seem to look already at a chance to exterminate us all ! Never trust anyone of 'em. Make sure we're preparred for the time they choose to attack us. Right now we're so badly outnumbered, they wouldn't need time to count us out...if they could count..Our Finances are almost in bad shape as our military situation...
    Arrr... whatta mess.

It's a Land of Confusion

Land of Confusion

I must have dreamed a thousand dreams

Been haunted by a million screams

But I can hear the marching feet (ah)
    They're moving into the street (ah)

Now, did you heard the news today?
    They say the danger has gone away
    But I can see the fire's still alight
    They're burning into the night (ah)

There's too many men, too many people
    Making too many problems

And there's not much love to go around

Can't you see this is the land of confusion? (ah, ah, ah, ah)

This is the world we live in (whohoho)
    And these are the hands we're given (whohoho)
    Use them and let's start trying (whohoho)
    To make it a place worth living in

Oh, Tigranes, where are you now?
    When everything's gone wrong somehow?
    The men of steel (ah), these men of power

Are losing control by the hour

This is the time, this is the place
    So we look for the future

But there's not much love to go around

Tell me why this is the land of confusion(ah, ah, ah, ah)

This is the world we live in
    And these are the hands we're given(whohoho)
    Use them and let's start trying(whohoho)
    To make it a place worth living in(whohoho)

I remember long ago
    When the sun was shining
    And all the stars were bright all through the night
    In the wake of this madness, as I held you tight

So long ago

I won't be coming home tonight
    My generation will put it right
    We're not just making promises

That we know we'll never keep

There's too many men, too many people
    Making too many problems

And there's not much love to go round

Can't you see this is the land of confusion? (ah, ah, ah, ah)

{ALL}
    Now, this is the world we live in (whohoho)
    And these are the hands we're given (whohoho)

Use them and let's start trying (whohoho)
    To make it a place worth fighting for

This is the world we live in (whohoho)

And these are the names we're given (whohohoho)

Stand up and let's start showing (whohoho)

Just where our lives are going to (ah, ah, ah, ah)

Meanwhile i sent Diplomates to the Crusader States in order to achieve some Alliances..aswell as your Sister to do the same with Byzanz. Don't look so surprised. In fact, there is a real surprise left. Word spread around someone's chasing you for your claim to the crown as a faction heir. Look, he's right behind yourself. I Guess you should take care of him. Send after me if you need my assistance, but i'm busy right now because my leaving Quartermaster had a last gift for me. For ..let's say.. 2 hours. For intelligence report, ask our royal spy."

Left alone, our young Arqayazn grumbles....
    :" This one's pissing me off. He gives a **** literally and i have to do the dirty work. I wonder if ...nevermind. BEDROOOOS!

:"Yessss my Lord! As you can see, i've just returned from an oberservation mission to scout the enemy. Basically, they are just Peasents, except for 2 squadrons of Heavy Cavalry...some footmen, some archers.. led by your Uncle Dertad."

:" My WHAT?!?"

: "You should concern to take a closer look to your family history when you get a chance, my Lord...or if."
    Said and disappeared.

Not far away and shortly thereafter....
    :" So you are the new one? Better be in shape, we seem to be having a nice little clash within the nearest time."
    :" And you must be the Father of half these people you might call "army" with both eyes closed. Are we even supposed to win the oncoming battle ? How comes that its always ME who happens to fail to meet someone appreciating my work ? ...*grumble*
    Last edited by LlamaD; July 05, 2008 at 08:24 AM. Reason: screw imageshack

Default It's been a hard days (k)night

After a bloody battle and slaying his relative, a dark and dreadful knight approaches young Arqayazn Arsen

stating : " From now on until the end of your time, i follow you."

: " Aehm...if you say so...."

Meanwhile, a messenger arrives.
    "Dear Arqayazn, you are ordered to conquer Famagusta. 10000 Florins reward. Farewell."
    :"Me and what army ? There's not a single healthy man left in the hole kingdom!"

Messenger:" Well, then i guess you have to blend them with the Power of the kilikian sun...."

PS: If i continue this slow style, i might have 50 posts before turn 50 in 2009 - although i did some prewriting and just spam-a-lot right now

Default Trustmarriage

Venetians are massacred during a riot ( latin pogrom) in Constantinople.

And now, somewhere completly different...

: " Not again..didn't i had to suffer enough from those turkish princess visit last year?.......err.... WELCOME, young Princess of Armenia. How can u help me.....i mean how can I serve you ?"

: " My people wish to bind our nations closer together. They even adjusted the bride price to your financial needs....called a Trustmarriage...i dont know what that means... but listen, i was on the road for half a year and i want a bed right now! "

: " Uh, oh... what did dad say? " when in doubt or questioned by a woman, move in and look like in pain " ..OK"

: " Wonderful! You are MEIN KAISAR! "

As word of the glory marriage reached the Royal Family, the princess's mother, Aghavni seemed to be allowed to die in peace, knowing her daughter made her country proud. And so she did. At least, she thought so.

This incident left the kingdom in an iffy situation. Byzanz was now claiming a right of succession to the throne. Dangerous times for Arqayazn Arsen. Better start watching out for some purple dressed men with sharp knives in their hand, mumbling " take me to your ruler".. no, not that straightedge!@%§$$"
    To make matters worse, he didn't even know that. Instead, he was on his way to Famagusta, shipping all the way along with good old Admiral Ashot.

GERMAN

Just moments after his arrival on cypric ground...
    : " Ashot u masterpiece of a Navigator....this is THE WRONG side of the island...we have to sail half the way back..no, u have to paddle the way back!!...
    Hold on a second! Who is that girl ? "

"What did dad say?..."
    Last edited by LlamaD; March 05, 2008 at 12:32 PM.

Default Re: AAR-MEN-NIEN

a funny AAR...

repman

BareBonesWars 8.1 for RTW 1.5
    Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Deus lo Vult DLV 6.2 for MTW II Kingdoms
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

Definitely the first time I have seen a Genesis song in an AAR.... Very cool. If you cover the whole campaign like this it could be a novel! + Rep!

Icon4 Taxation of the 2 cents ( yes your 2 cents! )

Something is rotten in the state of Den..err this thread.

: *sigh* I knew it's not that easy to figure it out, but i'll try it a last time with kind words giving you a clue, young reader at home.

Student, you received the great honor of making a worthy contribution to the world. Especially, my world. Now, would you be so delightful and follow the court rules?

Still clueless people revisit the first post, last paragraph Pleeeeeeeeeeease

Default One of a kind

: I haven't seen this so called Quartermaster in a while...Where is this Housesucker?
    : Finally someone needs my skills ? I'm comin'....oh NO, what do YOU bloody ol' Master Shoutalot want?
    : I heard you missed our last battle...were you lookin' for bird's nest or what!?
    : Nah, i had some things left at the royal court that had to be taken care of first. I mean, what do you want ? We won the battle anyway.
    : Yeah, sure WE did. It might just please his Highness, our Arqayazn, if u could FIGHT WITH US NEXT TIME, INSTEAD OF RUNNING AWAY LIKE A CHICKEN!!!
    : *njer* : Calm your voice my friend, i was busy filling beds and other stuff...next time, i ride on your side. Now, have you heard the latest rumor 'bout great Arqa Rouben's wife, Arqueen Aghavni?
    : No, what happened?
    : She gave life to a new member of the royal Family, princess Dzaghig.
    : Must have been a little bit difficult...
    : Well, indertad...errr..indeed. At least they say she won't give birth to children anymore...according to the midwives.
    : Your mind seems to suffer from too much indoorfighting..... The Arqueen DIED last year! How is that possible?!

Für den Erfolg geht er über Leichen.

: I don't know, but according to sources close to the court, he claimed he had to do something quick to preserve the bloodline.
    : Unbelievable... did noone told him that she is dead ?!?
    : Oh, i sure someone tried to. But there was apparently no way to stop him.
    : I couldn't see THAT coming.
    : That's the old Arqa i knew. If there's a will and a need, he would always come through and even in the face of death, he won't hold back..
    : He would trample dead bodies under his feet for Victory!
    : Yea ... when it comes to success, he would take the risk of having blood on his hands.
    : Certainly took no prisoners!
    : I really have doubts that this is what god wants...
    Last edited by LlamaD; April 15, 2008 at 07:29 AM.

Icon4 "Vengeance is mine, i will repay you"

repman, Xtiaan72 and some kind of a Swiss Halberdier all failed. I urge you to stop continuously anger the LORD by disobeying his rules. You really don't wanna mess with him.

: For those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, there will be wrath and fury.

Default Fama(ous Dis)gusta

After a long travel around half the island, Arqayazn Arsen finally made it to the goal of his mission : Famagusta.
    With some quick-recruited mercenaries "All you have to do is stay around and look angry" he laid siege upon the town.
    Unfortunatly, someone within the walls seemed capable of counting and decided to sally forth.

Let's spare the bloody details out and say, all the mercenaries did was stayin' around looking tired.

After the battle, an exhausted Arqayazn was unsure what to do with the local citizens.
    Quite fatal was indeed his choice whom to ask for advice.
    : Don't you hear their voices ?
    Toy Soldiers

Step by step, heart to heart, left right left
    We all fall down......like toy soldiers!

Kill 'em'ALL!

I'm supposed to be the soldier who never blows his composure
    Even though I hold the weight of the whole world on my shoulders
    I am never supposed to show it, my crew ain't supposed to know it
    Even if it means goin' toe to toe with a Byzanzino it don't matter
    I'd never drag them in battles that I can't handle unless I absolutely have to
    I'm supposed to set an example
    I need to be the leader, my crew looks for me to guide 'em
    [...]
    And even though the battle was won, I feel like we lost it
    I spent too much energy on it, honestly I'm exhausted !

And I'm so caught in it I almost feel I'm the one who caused it !

The bloody butchering was not without consequences..

Last edited by LlamaD; April 15, 2008 at 09:53 AM.

genius. pure genius

Default Shipdumping

Master diplomate GAGIK GoWest-And-Get-Indestructiblealliances-Knucklehead obviously kept going.
    Click to view content: 

Come on, come on, come on, come on

(Together) We will go our way
    (Together) We will leave someday
    (Together) Your hand in my hands
    (Together) We will make our plans

(Together) We will fly so high
    (Together) Tell all our friends goodbye
    (Together) We will start life new
    (Together) This is what we'll do

(Go West) Life is peaceful there
    (Go West) In the open air
    (Go West) Where the skies are blue
    (Go West) This is what we're gonna do

(Go West, this is what we're gonna do, Go West)

(Together) We will love the beach
    (Together) We will learn and teach
    (Together) Change our pace of life
    (Together) We will work and strive

(I love you) I know you love me
    (I want you) How could I disagree?
    (So that's why) I make no protest
    (When you say) You will do the rest

(Go West) Life is peaceful there
    (Go West) In the open air
    (Go West) Baby you and me
    (Go West) This is our destiny (Aah)

(Go West) Sun in wintertime
    (Go West) We will do just fine
    (Go West) this is what we're gonna do

There where the air is free
    We'll be (We'll be) what we want to be (Aah aah aah aah)
    Now if we make a stand (Aah)
    We'll find (We'll find) our promised land (Aah)

(I know that) There are many ways
    (To live there) In the sun or shade
    (Together) We will find a place
    (To settle) Where there's so much space

(Without rush) And the pace back east
    (The hustling) Rustling just to feed
    (I know I'm) Ready to leave too
    (So that's what) We are gonna do

(What we're gonna do is
    Go West) Life is peaceful there
    (Go West) There in the open air

(Life is peaceful there)
    Go West (In the open air)
    Go West (Baby, you and me)
    Go West (This is our destiny)

Come on, come on, come on, come on

(Go West) Sun in wintertime
    (Go West) We will feel just fine

(Come on, come on, come on)
    (Go West)

(Go West)
    (Go, ooh, go, yeah)
    (Go West)
    (Go, ooh, go, yeah)
    (Go West)
    (Go, ooh, go, yeah)
    (Go West)
    (Go, ooh, go, yeah)
    (Gimme a feelin')
    (Gimme a feelin')
    (Go West)
    (Gimme a feelin')
    (Gimme a feelin')
    (Go West)
    (Gimme a feelin')
    (Gimme a feelin')

The reward from the council of nobles was anything but fine for the Lord of the armenian waters. Especially, when he just had some "important" things to deal with. But Ashot wasn't the kingdoms only Admiral without a reason..

: I know what to do.

With Gagik successfully arranging alliances, princesses getting married and priests preaching 24/7, the royal spy Bedros felt pressure to match the progress. He couldn't get it done overnight, though.

Last edited by LlamaD; March 27, 2008 at 03:43 AM. Reason: Go West

Icon13 Lookin' for some genius...

:Even I don't know how to animate these folks to participate at free will. It's similiar to the gordian knot. Not resolveable without using violence, i fear.

Default Rebell Yell

: Hey Master Q, why so sloppy and slow ? We just had a really good voyage to our next beachgame. At least compared to our last one with Ashot..
    : DON'T ever mention his name again to me ! I 'd bend him in an iron maiden if i'd get him. So seasick, all the puke..*buaarrh*. And he claimed he could navigate through these little "black riffs"...*grrrr*

*grin* :Yeah, he'll hide himself the next days.. Now get yourself together, we'll have to teach these Attalians what happens when they rebel...
    : Again besieging rebels ? Aren't there some hungry enemies at our borders ? Why don't we take on 'em ?
    : Don't ask me, ask the Arqayazn. My buisness is simply to make these maggots hold the line and follow orders...
    *rushing in*: Shutup lads, i did it again. They leave the town to engage us. Prepare for batttle!
    : Did it again? What ....
    *yellin'*: SHUTUP AND FIGHT!

Default Spoiled

since i'm gettin' no reply at all, be assured that - beside shortened rotation - this can lead to only one conclusion: bad things will happen. very bad things. very.

Nothing comes for free in this world. A invaluable lesson, Arqayazn Arsen had to learn the hard way. Though the battle was won and noone dumb enough to question the heroism of it survived, and the first son of Arsen was born with Ghazig, the mood among the royal family was a little depressed because of a darkened future. The Arqayazn would be unable to have more children.

The official version was that his wife Diro suffered too much during the birth. According to sources not to be known aka , the reason lies more in a deep hit below the belt during the last battle.
    Well, whatever is true, it seems that GOD starts to punish the sinful Kingdom already a little bit.

Default Give and take

Gagik's eyes worked quite well in eastern europe. In fact, they almost worked too well. He seemed to be obsessed with the idea of gathering more alliances than the rest of the world. Maybe thats the reason for his gaze

But the rewards from the council of nobles caused no happiness at all...

: You got to be kidding me !? Where do they get all these Dromons from ? This has to be some conspiracy against me... . Alright, i'll show YA'LL! §$&%"&@@$%(

Sequentially, at a distant, but quite familiar place near the egypt coast....

Default Keep your Dream and gimme the money

While Arqayazn Arsen acts as venomous as his name on the battlefields, his father tries to overcome the financial struggles of the kingdom.

: The military upkeep is eatening almost all of my hairs from my head... We have to increase our income. Servant, bring in the three royal merchants!
    : Distressingly, mighty Arqa, we have no more Merchants left. As u might remember, Merchant Ashot was appointed to be the Admiral of our glorious Armenian fleet after failing the Taxations-part of his scholarship-examination, Merchant Goldlocke was beheaded after falling in the hands of the last marauding crusade army, and the least of all, Merchant Wryneck fled to the byzantine capital Constantiople seeking financial asylum.
    : Damn them all ! So we are basically out of merchants... well, hire some new!
    : Risking my neck, my Lord, i have to inform you that only jews are forced/allowed to obtain the duty of merchanting. And we need to build a synagoge for them to trust us enough to take on this severely dangerous job.
    : *aargh* Nothings comes easy in this administration thing.... Allright build it. I suppose there ain't no chance to just cut some foreskins to speed up this crap?
    : Unfortunatly, great Arqa, the jewish Council of Suitability already banned this possibility at their last synod in 1077.
    : I already dislike them now. Someone has to pay for ..this..and ..that.. and i for..got what it was.., err .. nevertheless, someone has to pay.
    : Advancingly, oblivious Arqa, the taxation could be a useful tool to cover the kingdom's expenses. Shall new taxes be raised?
    : Sounds good enough. Alright, collect some!

This marked the start of the first Armenian wealth program:

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast