Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LTC Gold Bugs & Known Issues

Hartassen's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: LTC Gold Bugs & Known Issues

I found a way to fix the hre color bug, if anyone is interested pm me and I can find a way to send you the file. But this fix reverts all the colors of empires back to regular m2tw, basically it includes borders again. The lack of borders is what causes black colors to appear incomplete liek rorschachs mask in the watchmen hehe.

Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Kobal2 View Post
    EDIT : Apparently, Lusted is aware of that bug with the Teutonic family tree system, as is the modder who did Grand Add-On and tried the same trick. The system works most of the time, but in a few cases, boom, the heir switch fails and the whole kingdom turns rebel. It is easy to disable the feature for those who, like me, want to be on the safe side though : open landstoconquer/data/descr_sm_factions.txt, and change the "has_family_tree Teutonic" line for both Venice and the HRE back to "has_family_tree yes" like all the other factions.
    This is great. Sorry it took me so long to find this fix. Never occurred to me that the HRE/Venice rebellion problem had a solution. I'll try it.

I'm here with another problem, though, that I posted in the M2TW forum as "Roads and Forts" - and was told to try here for help. HELP!! Once I place forts to connect cities to castles, I find later that the units will no longer move the distance to the next fort, so the fort system is useless. This seems to happen mostly in Africa, but maybe I just notice it there more in the long desert stretches. I think it's also happens elsewhere. Right now I'm moving an army into the Sahara and it's like trudging through flypaper. Any reason for this happening?

Also, in some provinces, I'm completely unable to build forts or watchtowers. In the other post, I was told this is due to a bug in the "floods" - anyone have experience with this to confirm?

Saint Nicholas's Avatar No Avatar Specified

To the above regarding floods. I think your units movement and the inability to construct forts is due to flooding in the province. It may not be flooded as you move through there but it was at one time, this obviously damaged the land to such a degree to make it virtually impassable. They say it is a bug as a flood is only meant to damage your cities and kill your troops but it is more realistic this way, though it can be annoying!

Currently there is no fix for this and I don't anticipate there will be.

EDIT: Just encountered an interesting bug. Had a crusading army on a ship near Tunis in Africa so I landed them and sent them on foot to the target. I then moved the ship all the way to Acre in the Holy Lands in one turn. Obviously this is some sort of movement bug where even after the crusaders have left the ship the ship still has crusading movement points and then some as I was able to also get half way around the world in a single turn.. funny bug. Should make the mission to blockade the port of Acre even easier!
    Last edited by Saint Nicholas; September 22, 2009 at 08:37 PM.
    "Muscovy", as its rulers have previously called it, is a sleeping giant, with age-old traditions and ways of doing things. Here, the feudal way of life has become so entrenched that the serfs are as tied to the land as cattle, and with almost as few rights. It is a vast, deeply conservative and religious country: Mother Russia and the Orthodox Church are the two pillars of national belief. The Tsar may be the father of his people, but by tradition and practice he is a stern parent. Ivan the Terrible was well named, and he has not been the only ruler with an iron will. Russia is the "Third Rome". The last bastion of Orthodox Christianity.

I have discovered something else.

In any of my land battles i have sky flikkering every time in left corner of my screen. though first it was my grafic card but its seems not since vanilla and other mods ( ss, russichi) work as intendet its only happence in LTC.

I think personaly it is overlay of the new sky Lusted did add to his mod and probably forget remove something from vanilla file.

Any thoughs?

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Ehh... haven't noticed it.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Old Geezer's Avatar Senator

As the Poles I can't get the headquarters for cavalry to be offered. Only the Pope and Russians are left and they do not have it. I have the Master's Guild and have recruited a zillion cavalry archers and knights. I notice that there is some silly language in the building browser when you mouse over the castle level just across the left from the Cavalry Guild HQ; it shows up as a wooden wall!. Any idea what is up?

Is your master's horse guild in a citadel?
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

Yes. Thorn, Toulouse, Acre, Ceasarea, and Gaza are citadels. I did not have this problem with Spain.

That's weird. I can see that Eastern Europe is included in the EDB.

I am playing another Poles campaign and it is almost 1300 and no horsemen HQ. I have the first ever for me Explorer's HQ and am getting many Intrepid Explorers per turn (last turn I got 11) even in cities that do not have a guild. I don't see any obvious increase in trade. The HQ is in Jerusalem and it did not get any increase upon receipt of the HQ.

Explorers HQ doesn't give increase in trade. It gives traits and ancillaries.

Someone mentioned recently that he thought it gave more trade and I wondered if it was mod/version specific. As a blitzing expansionist, I would rather have all my generals moving faster than have a little bit more money which by the middle of the game I am having trouble spending down to 50k treasury every turn.

I had my game as Russia repeatedly crash at the end of Scotland's turn at about the year 1254. I ran the game back to an earlier save about 4 turns earlier and ran the game and it went for a while and then started crashing. Then upon retrying it the game crashed right away and would not go forward. I wonder if this is due a problem in cache loading conflict. The game is installed on Windows 7 and I also have many mods added, including SS6.3, KGCM, and Retrofit. Any suggestions? I thought perhaps that I would alter the caches everywhere as has been suggested in the mod forums. I got so hacked before I found out about the potential cache conflict problem that I uninstalled everything and re installed.

I experienced a big problem when I started the game.At first I thougt it was my pc to blame but apparently it's LTC.There is no music in the game!There are still the special effects like the response of the characters when you give an order but it's mute in button effects and music background!
    Is that a known issue?Can I fix it somehow?

PS: I am using the latest version of LTC

Can't help you there, sorry. Another one has mentioned it years ago I think but it's not mentioned often.

I hope someone knows a way to salvage this...I really like the mod and have a great game going...BUT...the college of cardinals is dying out fast. I suspect because there's a shortage of priests, except mine. I don't recall seeing any walking around for a while. This is undoubtedly my own fault, since I went on a killing spree with my assassin so I could get my guy elected pope. At any rate, there are now eight vacancies and it doesn't seem to be recovering on its own. Any suggestions?

I don't see why that is a problem really...

Hmmmm....that is a point. What happens if there are no cardinals when the pope dies? I suppose I could find that out...

A priest becomes pope I think.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12