Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Progress of the mod

sinople's Avatar These Romans are crazy!

Default Re: Progress of the mod

Ok, I think you can see the dev forum already ? (named Develops Forum 2 ?)

yes Road to Jerusalem 2

when is this mod finished 1.0 ????

When it will...

Keep up the good work!

Farmo The Pagan's Avatar Libertus

I could be wrong... but I believe this mod is not being worked on currently.

I don't believe a word.

If they stopped then they would have given the source codes...By the way, if this is dead then why are you here?

They ?

No, "I".

I've nether had really much help with that mod, and I just need help with history (usually this is the easier part of a mod ) but I have nobody to help me. So yes I have an old archive of a 0.92 version but I don't like it, si I won't release that.

Ok, so you wont release the old archive, plus you have stopped working on the mod all together, because their is nobody to help with history.

I can help with history, I know this sounds a lot like some other people who said "I will help" and then disappeared. I know that I am this completely new guy who comes out of nowhere and suddenly whats to join in, but I will not just leave.

I will do my best at getting history for this mod if you believe that I will.

First and foremost, have the province borders of the mod been made (I just see beta maps) or must I make one (I have been working on one for quite some time).

If that is done then give me an order of which faction I must start digging up history on. You said something about a building tree? Unique buildings I presume?

Hello,

Province borders is a totally secondary problem with history. What I need is what I explained many times before : faction rosters and building tree regarding this.

If you can help me with that then the work may start again.

The problem with the roster is that it is hard to decide which kingdoms are more important, as some never even went on conquest . So, I think the community should decide which one of these small kingdoms should be in the first release.

Factions that should be on pole.

1. Teutonic Order (Emergent)
    2. Pisa
    3. Aquitaine
    4. Sweden
    5. Bulgaria (Emergent)
    6. Serbia
    7. Wales
    8. The Brabant

The top faction should be included in the first release. The others should eventually be added in later releases.

But, the factions that we should definitly have in the first release should be:

1. Caliphate of Cordoue
    2. Portugal
    3. Spain
    4. Aragon
    5. France
    6. Friesland
    7. England
    8. Scotland
    9. Ireland
    10. Swiss Confederation (Emergent)
    11. Sicily
    12. Papel states
    13. Venice
    14. Genoa
    15. Holy Roman Empire
    16. Bohemia
    17. Denmark
    18. Norway
    19. Poland
    20. Lithuania
    21. Kievan Rus
    22. Hungary
    23. Croatia
    24. Byzantines
    25. Ottomans (Horde)
    26. Rebels

This way each theatre has a new faction.

The British Isles has Ireland

Iberia has Aragon

Western Europe has Friesland

Central Europe has Bohemia

Northan Italy has the Swiss Confederation

The Balkans have Croatia

The Baltic has Lithuania

Scandinavia has Norway

What do you think of this?

Faction list for 1.0 is already done :
    1-England
    2-Scotland
    3-Castille & Leon
    4-France
    5-Aquitaine
    6-HRE
    7-Venitia
    8-Pisa
    9- Papal
    10 - Bohemia
    11 - Denmark
    12 - Poland
    13 - Hungary
    14 - Byzantium
    15 - Slave

More informations here : http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=385129

Ok then, the building tree should, as discussed before, have buildings that help with the resource(s) of that province. Like wood= lumber camps= building rate increase or grapes=vineyard=increased population happiness+trade(you know why). One thing that can also be "build" in a city should be economic systems. As you said before nobles get generated and are thus available (I hope I understand correctly) when certain buildings are build, like castles ect. Anyway, there should be 2 economic systems in which it is serfdom and "guildom" I suppose (proper name later).

Anyway, serfdom involves peasants working for nobles and providing grain=Increase farming/food production which leads to population increase and which also provides an increase in the nobility available to recruit and as you progress, the quality of the nobles being recruited (more money for the nobles means more money to buy their equipment. There should also be a 5% penalty on the public order in early period (10% in high and 20% in late). As people became more educated in started to seem unfair to give a noble grain just because he is a noble. This might seem a little far fetched, because it was first during the french revolution of 1789 that people rebelled against the system. But, that is why I kept the % at a low level until the renaissance.

With the guild system, it will provide economic boosts that will improve the normal peasant. If you use it enough your economy might improve so much that the common peasant might finally have enough money to buy a spear and a shield. Because, what is done in the game is that it seems that the kingdom itself was buying the equipment for its populace. This is wrong because all the kingdom did was recruit available soldiers. You should still pay for nobles and peasants, but it should only be the upkeep, as they bought their arms themselves and simply put themselves up for recruitment. If you are at war then all the available nobles/peasant will show up on the recruitment slots of cities. Oh yeah, making a guild system will provide an open guild slot. Eventually more guild types should be added, but Ill get to that next time.

What do you think of this?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345