Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: XAI for Candelarius' Grand Unit Addon

Rhythalion's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: XAI for Candelarius' Grand Unit Addon

Quote Originally Posted by Starwen View Post
    I must of done somthing wrong cos the A.I is even worse now in retrofit. Ive just Conquered both france Scotland Spain without no one attacking me or any of my citys and im on turn 102.

You just place those files into retrofits Data folder right?
    I've just installed this and I must say that I have exactly the same thing. seems to be the quietest most boring game ever:hmmm: The diplomacy AI is great though . I took the descr_strat file and put it where its supposed to go, overwrote the other. Dunno if i've done something wrong but i'm quite disappointed.

Also, I had the issue when, while being attacked by defenders (sallying out) while laying siege to an enemy settlement, the AI General did not move from the square, when his army routed their own gates would not open for them, and my cavalry would not enter the city. Back on the first page it is mentioned to delete descr_pathfinding.db in the data folder of Retrofit, but I started the campaign without this file anyway (it was not there on installation). I have deleted it again after it regenerated but it hasn't done anything to fix the issue.
    Last edited by Rhythalion; January 01, 2009 at 08:45 PM.
    Team Member of LOTR:TW, Beta Tester for some others

xeryx's Avatar Follow the White Rabbit

LOL..That is an old version..Don't worry..You should come check out our forums..we have made a ton of progress.. If you like this mod, you could try KGCM, until we get to updating this one..which is next.
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

Thanks for the info I'll take a look at KGCM

I switched Lusted's battle AI into this mod, and it fixed the battles nicely, but lusteds campaign AI didn't do much to the actual campaign.... I get attacked now, mainly by rebels, but most AI stacks still sit around with their finger up their behind....lol
    Last edited by Rhythalion; January 02, 2009 at 04:21 AM.

You can download our updated..Battle AI which will rock your world. 3.2F XBAI..The one included in here is very old and not much more than vanilla.

The beta for KGCM is located in the XAI forum. HERE

So any help you can give there, will help us for this project as well.
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

When you finish the Retrofit AI will it be compatible with saved games?

No Way.

I had a diplomacy problem, unless it's supposed to be this way.
    I offered trade rights to a few factions as the Moors and it said "Very Generous" and they still demanded over 3000 monies for trade rights, when it's already "Very Generous." Making more income by trade rights is tough when I spend so much to get them....

the bit that says whether the offer is "very Generous" down to "very demanding" is just an indicator as to what the offer is like, factions can still decide to decline the offer (based on a number of factors) or ask for what seems a large sum for it. But hey, that's diplomacy and negotiating

Things like that do happen now and then, even in Vanilla.

Well it's doing this with all offers. I've never seen that before. If a mission asks me in like the very beginning of the campaign to make some diplomatic relations with a faction, it's pretty much impossible or very costly. Even if I offer map info with it, they still want over 3k. Before this mod I could go across the map offering trade rights and map info for map info and sometimes even some money. But now it's not so. But I must say, the AI has been much more aggressive. Portugal attacked Corduba on the 4th turn with a rather large army.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomz Haccer View Post
    Well it's doing this with all offers. I've never seen that before. If a mission asks me in like the very beginning of the campaign to make some diplomatic relations with a faction, it's pretty much impossible or very costly. Even if I offer map info with it, they still want over 3k. Before this mod I could go across the map offering trade rights and map info for map info and sometimes even some money. But now it's not so. But I must say, the AI has been much more aggressive. Portugal attacked Corduba on the 4th turn with a rather large army.
    are you playing with campaign difficulty at VH? i think i noticed the same thing on VH(tried a few campaigns on VH and switched back to H)

when u have the diplomacy window open check ur relations. on VH if your relations are poor/very poor/terrible/etc. the AI will demand money for things such as trade
    I admire your luck, Mr...?

Bond..James Bond

Ok folks, "Beta 1" is now posted in the M2TW "minor mods & tweaks" downloads section here:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=2265

All feedback welcome here:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=212391

I say it in the read me, but I'll stress again here: I tried to balance this using VANILLA Guaom. I have found "win conditions" can really offset a lot of AI settings, and I used the "generic" win conditions. So if you are running a mod with your own specific win conditions (with several specific cities, lots of "outlive factions", etc.) you may find this not as balanced as you would like.

This is both the Campaign & Battle AI.

Enjoy!

There is a fix for the CAI, please goto the XAI forums, unit the upload is fixed

Quote Originally Posted by RandomAttack View Post
    Ok folks, "Beta 1" is now posted in the M2TW "minor mods & tweaks" downloads section here:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=2265

All feedback welcome here:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=212391

I say it in the read me, but I'll stress again here: I tried to balance this using VANILLA Guaom. I have found "win conditions" can really offset a lot of AI settings, and I used the "generic" win conditions. So if you are running a mod with your own specific win conditions (with several specific cities, lots of "outlive factions", etc.) you may find this not as balanced as you would like.

This is both the Campaign & Battle AI.

Enjoy!

The link is broken. I must play this AI mod!

Yeah, I have removed all XAI downloads from TWC. I will try and get that one back up this weekend.

Hi. Any progress with releasing the most awesome XAI mod for the Retrofit+Guam?

Would be greatly appreciated!
    -Alex

now that 3.4 is out can you use it in the grand unit addon (retrofit) or do the xai team need to "optimize" it first. Cause i think its great (used it in another mod but didnt like the recruitment order)

sweet kisses..

Hartassen's Avatar Biarchus

Ok guys I'm kinda semi-confused about all of this.
    I got the retrofit along with the 6.0 GUAM but I want some good ai so can anyone point me to the best campaign and battle ai that will work for retrofit 1.0 + guam 6.0?

Thank you in advance

Hi there!!

I have a problem: I've installed both the Retrofit mod and XAI following exactly the instructions and now I can't run a new campaing. When I try to start a campaing with HRE and click "start" the game throws me into the main menu again.

Any idea what is wrong?

Thanks in advance!!

What's wrong with this AI? The only difference I can see in the sieges is that my cavalry can't get in the town/castle. (pathfinding issues)

I am not very familiar with XAI so I am afraid I cannot offer much help. Queen Annes Revenge and xeryx haven't been here for a little while but hopefully they, or another member, might be able to offer some help.

Could you please post some additional information?

1) Your install order (e.g. Retrofit -> GUAM -> XAI)
    2) What version of Kingdoms do you have (e.g. patched to 1.5)
    3) Do you have any other mods or Retrofit sub-mods installed?
    4) Have you modified any Retrofit files?

My only other suggestion is to ask in the XAI sub forums.
    Total War Modder, Former Total War Developer

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast