Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: XAI for Candelarius' Grand Unit Addon

Default Re: XAI for Candelarius' Grand Unit Addon

Has anyone tried this with 1.5 and latest Grand Unit + retrofit mod?

I'd love to give it a shot assuming it can work with the latest patch and the mods i mentioned.

Thx
    -Alex

dom385's Avatar Senator

im confused which is the latest version that works with retrofit/grand unit add on ? and does it need patch 1.5 coz i cant get that to work.

Queen Annes Revenge's Avatar Ordinarius

Guys based on what I have read there should be no problems with the version I have on the first post and patch 1.5. It does not need patch 1.5, you will be fine without it. By the way dom385: if you were having trouble with the US version of the patch there is now a fix for it, check it out in the Kingdoms forum.

Also there is no reason it should not work with the latest Grand Unit Addon Mod. However, it will NOT work correctly if you install the latest GUAM over your current one. You must re-install the XAI over it again. Do this and everything should work fine.

I am sorry for the lack of updates. The new XAI is in the works. Follow the progress here at the XAI forum: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=637
    However I still believe that the version in this thread works very well. If you guys continue to have problems let me know.

Does this change the battle AI?

Queen Annes Revenge's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by CodOfDuty View Post
    Does this change the battle AI?
    Yes. It was an improvement over Kingdoms originally but now that the patch is out I'm not sure if it's still better. I haven't really looked at the new Battle AI.

If you wish to leave the Battle AI, do not replace the following files:
    battle_config.xml
    config_ai_battle.xml
    descr_formations.txt
    descr_formations_ai.txt
    descr_pathfinding.txt

Thanks Queen Annes Revenge, i tried it out, great improvements, congratz

xeryx's Avatar Follow the White Rabbit

Xai team will be releasing a new bai, please check the XAI forums here.
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

We will be updating these files soon, BTW the desc-strat file must be installed in you imperial_campaign folder, over write the original, or rename it first.
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

Hi All! Any news/forecasts for the new, improved CAI? I keep seeing various references to it on Xeryx's main thread, but there doesn't seem to be any new version on Filefront. And the new "Integration Thread" is a great resource also.

Definitely appreciate all the BAI work, but I really don't fight that many battles (mostly just the "evenly matched" ones) so the CAI holds a special interest for me personally.

Thanks!

No new CAI yet, I am working on it..I will be testing it in PDER first..then I will, or QAR will, convert the files for this..patience. BTW I have had great success with the whole port wars. It will be a couple of weeks, working on both BAI and CAI is pretty taxing.

Do you guys want me to update this mod with the newest files? Is there enough interest to make the effort worth it? Sign up

Absolutely! (if you are able to fit it with your other projects) Thanks for asking.
    Last edited by dar25; October 23, 2008 at 03:36 PM.
    -Alex

Me too! Absolutely! I've been following your main thread patiently waiting for a new CAI. Since reports indicate so much has been added/customized I've been a little leery of trying to implement it from another mods version, but dadgum it I was ready to give it a shot if that was the only option.

Thanks!!

Agreed, I'm way to far on my English campaign...I'm about to invade bloody France with 4 Full stacks of gunpowder and pikemen...WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME! lol

Just keep letting me know guys, the more feedback the better. We have our hands full, for sure. it has just been kind of quiet around here!

I, for one, have been checking your main thread almost daily waiting for an "updated" CAI to be posted. I realize you've been focused on the BAI, but I see the updated description of the CAI and I just want it!

This is great, I was looking for an AI mod that worked with GUAM. I don't really like playing the big mods like SS because of slowness and instability.

Does this XAI mod give the AI the ability to build the new units added in GUAM?

I am going to do a refit to the mod, has Guaom been updated since this first release of the first XAI? I will have to look at that, if so. Gonna need more people to sign up though.

We have re-focused initial XAI 3.2 release for Darth Ages. This is so we focus better on one project. Then we have PDER which is almost done.
    Last edited by xeryx; October 26, 2008 at 05:44 PM.

How do I install this correctly if I currently have patch 1.6 and Custom Campaign 2 only?

Not sure on that one. do you want to explain the versions and such.

Be aware, that I will probably need permission to update this version to current standards. it may also take a bit, because of course I will need to install and test. That is unless Queens Anne revenge has already done it?

It will also be posted in the XAI forums, so that we can better support the mod better.
    Last edited by xeryx; October 27, 2008 at 08:34 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast