Thread: New family trees

Default New family trees

In the latest update I have improved the starting position of every faction (with the exception of the KOJ and Antioch). The royal families have been made bigger and better for 0.5 turns. I can't claim this is completely historical (of course its not). But I think I have most faction leaders, queens and heirs right and many children. Some obviously are made up though as I had to fill in the gaps. Here is the new starting royal family of the HRE. You will notice as your campaign progresses that these develope into very impressive family trees. This took a lot of work and I think it improves the mod a lot. I will be interested in your feedback.

Dave

Default Re: New family trees

Excellent Dave, this is probably the most important improvement of all, especially for a 0.5 years per turn campaign.

Each factions family tree is only as big as their faction size. I have been testing this a lot and was careful not to make the starting family trees to big. Some of them can get quite large after a bit so when you play you will see why I didn't go for anything to big. However I also added more generals to the start of the campaign, these help to occupy more settlements. This will also mean better battles because it will be much more likely that the AI has more generals in their armies from the start.

I agree with you DrJambo, most peeps will love the new Kingdoms units the best, but I think the starting positions in the campaign are far more important.

Dave
    Last edited by Dave Scarface; February 17, 2008 at 01:40 PM.

1180 King of England is still Henry II. All his sons Henry, Richard, Geoffrey, and John are still alive. Will try to see if possible to create English royal family based on roll of 1180.

Am willing to try build other families too.

1180 King of England is still Henry II. All his sons Henry, Richard, Geoffrey, and John are still alive. Will try to see if possible to create English royal family based on roll of 1180.

Am willing to try build other families too.
    Unfortunately it is not possible to use the same character name more then once per faction. If you tried to make Henry II king of England and create his son Henry the mod would crash when you try to start a campaign. Henry II starts off dead in my England campaign and Richard is king, with his brother John heir. Note that there are deliberately a few historical inacuracies at the start, Nur ad-Din for instance was dead before 1180 AD.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dave scarface View Post
    Unfortunately it is not possible to use the same character name more then once per faction. If you tried to make Henry II king of England and create his son Henry the mod would crash when you try to start a campaign. Henry II starts off dead in my England campaign and Richard is king, with his brother John heir. Note that there are deliberately a few historical inacuracies at the start, Nur ad-Din for instance was dead before 1180 AD.

Dave
    Can use Henry as King with wife Eleanor. Sons are Harry, Richard, Geoffrey, and John. Harry has no children, same as Richard, Geoffrey, and John. Harry and Geoffrey are both married.

This just accurate, if not wanted, its okay.

Thanks Edward,

I will make Henry II king as you request then with Richard the Lionheart as heir, plus brothers Geoffrey and John. I'm not sure about adding a Harry though

Dave

@Edward,

Here is a run down of other current royal families, you may want me to change some of them. They are fairly accurate but I know some could be better.

France - King Philip married to Agnes and Louis as heir. Not sure about family much added Godfrey (brother) and Constance (daughter).

Hre - King Frederick Barbarossa married to Beatrice, heir Henry, brothers Otto and Conrad, Agnes (daughter).

Spain - King Alfonso married to Constance, heir Henry, and then I just made some other family members up.

Venice - Dodge Dandola (not historical I know but he's the most famous dodge) wife Helena, sons Bartolomeo, Cristiano, Alessandro (made up).

Sicily - King Roger II (I know this should be William the Good) and you might be able to come up with some real family members.

Milan - Left Milan the same as in vanilla. Any suggestions are welcome here.

Scotland - King William married to Margaret with sons Edward and Edmund.

Byzantium - Emperor Manuel Komnenos married to Maria, heir Alexios, other son Andronicus and daughter Anna.

Denmark - King Valdemar married to Adela, made up the sons.

Hungary - King Bela married to Agnes of Antioch, heir Emeric and princess Margaret.

Poland - King Wladyslaw married to Judith (tough to get any more information on Polish royal family so made up children.

Portugal - King Afonso married to Teresa, heir Sancho, not sure about the rest of this family.

Dave
    Last edited by Dave Scarface; February 18, 2008 at 09:56 AM.

Thanks Edward,

I will make Henry II king as you request then with Richard the Lionheart as heir, plus brothers Geoffrey and John. I'm not sure about adding a Harry though

Dave
    Will Richard continue to be a hero, as faction heir?
    PS: yes, forget Harry, it would a pity not to see the Lionheart as king.

Yes he will still have his hero abilities ofc but since I added BBB to my mod he has lost the Lionheart in his name. When he is crowned king the game will probably call him "King Richard the Chivalrous" or something instead now.

Dave

King Yngvar's Avatar Senator

Just do the following; enter descr_names and take a look at England. Take a look at the name Fraunce for example? Do you need it to exist? Think not..

Enter the text folder and open names.txt. Search for Fraunce. You'll see there is only one entry for it.
    {Fraunce}Fraunce
    That means only England has it. Change it to the following:
    {Fraunce}Henry
    {France} is what is coded in the descr_strat for example, while Henry is what is being shown ingame. So then you could simply write in Fraunce in the descr_strat. Hope it is understandable.

Yes he will still have his hero abilities ofc but since I added BBB to my mod he has lost the Lionheart in his name. When he is crowned king the game will probably call him "King Richard the Chivalrous" or something instead now.
    The title "the chivalrous is caused by the fact that he has a very high chivalry, you could tune it down perhaps and the game would show him as Richard the Lionheart.

How are beta testers finding the new family trees so far? I hope you all like them, and I am interested in your feedback on this.

thanks
    Dave
    Last edited by Dave Scarface; February 21, 2008 at 04:15 PM.

-Traiano-'s Avatar Miles

well the tree of the KoJ is too small in my opinion...a couple of member more to begin would be nice!!
    You begin with onli 3 members, King, prince (both strongs) and third brother--that is completely noob :O(((--
    and you've to manage 4 settlements that get immediately to 5 because Damasco is there to conquer faster than wind!!! And there is the Egypt's front to guard...or, on the other hand , you schould be able to recruit generals from the beginning....
    30BC: Ottaviano Augusto becomes the first Imperator, in his 44 years of principate he will bring to the empire peace and prosperity!
    70AD: Vespasiano is the winner of first great empire's civil war,rebuilding Roman world after the Nero's dark ages.
    98AD: Traiano becomes imperator after that the senateman Nerva adopted him,he will start a gold age for the empire getting it to biggest extension!! 117AD-180AD Adriano,Antonino Pio and Marco Aurelio administrate the empire during his richest and most pacific period, with their good administration Rome lives its golden age.
    193AD: Settimio Severo wins the civil war started after the death of Commodo starting the Severan dinasty, his heirs will not be as good as him. 252-285AD Rome lives the peak of III century's crisis,onli the emperor Aureliano will be able to reunite the empire breacked in 3 parts and the great reformer Diocleziano will give to Rome militar,politic and social cohesion after decades of caos. 325AD:Costantino rules alone over the empire and christianity is for the first time accepted by the imperial government.

Yeah I know, I decided to not expand the family trees for both KOJ and Antioch. Both are only small crusader states and do not really require a proper starting royal family tree, like other factions. You will have to keep on the look out for talented new commanders. Good luck conquering Egypt you will need it!

Dave

-Traiano-'s Avatar Miles

Yeah I know, I decided to not expand the family trees for both KOJ and Antioch. Both are only small crusader states and do not really require a proper starting royal family tree, like other factions. You will have to keep on the look out for talented new commanders. Good luck conquering Egypt you will need it!

Dave
    Yes, first i'll build little economy and army conquering closer rebel's settlements, i've already got a ceasefire and traderights with egypt to grow quite relaxed for a while then i'm going to take the bill to Saladin's reign!!!

Anyway really cool mod man I love the crusader's units more than everyone else!!!
    30BC: Ottaviano Augusto becomes the first Imperator, in his 44 years of principate he will bring to the empire peace and prosperity!
    70AD: Vespasiano is the winner of first great empire's civil war,rebuilding Roman world after the Nero's dark ages.
    98AD: Traiano becomes imperator after that the senateman Nerva adopted him,he will start a gold age for the empire getting it to biggest extension!! 117AD-180AD Adriano,Antonino Pio and Marco Aurelio administrate the empire during his richest and most pacific period, with their good administration Rome lives its golden age.
    193AD: Settimio Severo wins the civil war started after the death of Commodo starting the Severan dinasty, his heirs will not be as good as him. 252-285AD Rome lives the peak of III century's crisis,onli the emperor Aureliano will be able to reunite the empire breacked in 3 parts and the great reformer Diocleziano will give to Rome militar,politic and social cohesion after decades of caos. 325AD:Costantino rules alone over the empire and christianity is for the first time accepted by the imperial government.