Thread: Unit(s) Commanders

Default Unit(s) Commanders

i've been looking at rtw engine mostly because this still having nice features wich are forgotten in mtw2,old but cool !!

I've tested adding a officer + banner following rtw method and this have worked

Question is shall we made kind of captains for each unit carrying a very own banner ? Kind of General (commander of the army) more few captains (kind of nobles) ???

Bring back some rtw features to improve mtw2
    Common sense removed due being Disruptive.

TheFirstONeill's Avatar Father of Thera

Default Re: Unit(s) Commanders

Quote Originally Posted by Ataegina View Post
    i've been looking at rtw engine mostly because this still having nice features wich are forgotten in mtw2,old but cool !!

I've tested adding a officer + banner following rtw method and this have worked

Question is shall we made kind of captains for each unit carrying a very own banner ? Kind of General (commander of the army) more few captains (kind of nobles) ???

Bring back some rtw features to improve mtw2
    sounds cool, but will the battles just become a sea of banners, can the unit banners be made qute small? can u post some screens
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; February 15, 2008 at 05:43 PM.

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone
    Proud Creator of Thera, Legacy of the Great Torment: Opifex :

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstONeill View Post
    sounds cool, but will the battles just become a sea of banners, can the unit banners be made qute small? can u post some screens
    Well you can choose wich units use officers, and wich dont use, for example you can just just for cavalry or just for general etc etc

So this is set unit by unit, not for overall

So we can make for all or just for 1, both options are possible

about screens, i can post later, this was just experience,but still many details before added this like (wich units must had officers,wich units must be used for the office,wich kind of banners,etc etc) :hmmm:

officers commanding missle units would be cool

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone

mtw2 have alot of stuff to exploit,wich have been forgotten, since this is just like upgrade of rtw and mostly of both features works in both !

also you can choose wich banner officer use, or make new one :p

mtw2 have alot of stuff to exploit,wich have been forgotten, since this is just like upgrade of rtw and mostly of both features works in both !

also you can choose wich banner officer use, or make new one :p
    Nice one, I missed RTW, my PC at the time couldnt run it, so I had to jump from MTW1 stright to MTW2

rtw its much more fun, more easy to modding also

but for now ill still testing this feature on mtw2 engine

Zephrelial's Avatar Eternal Sorrow
    An ancient castle on a steep windy mountain peak.. away from all mortal eyes...

It should work.I remember seeing somewhere a minimod that set 1 commander for each unit.
    Shine on you crazy diamond...

Quote Originally Posted by Zephrelial View Post
    It should work.I remember seeing somewhere a minimod that set 1 commander for each unit.
    yes this work,i've make few tests

but still to decide if make it global or just for the generals, since this ill be a single unit attached

Zephrelial's Avatar Eternal Sorrow
    An ancient castle on a steep windy mountain peak.. away from all mortal eyes...

yes this work,i've make few tests

but still to decide if make it global or just for the generals, since this ill be a single unit attached
    I think as a start maybe it's best to make it just for the generals.:hmmm:
    Shine on you crazy diamond...

Quote Originally Posted by Zephrelial View Post
    I think as a start maybe it's best to make it just for the generals.:hmmm:
    That was what i was thinking, making a "2nd in command"

The King Of Peasants's Avatar Senator

They are cool to have as you can make them out of any unit model for instance have a mailed knight leading mounted sergeants. You can also have more then one per unit if you like. But it can mess a up an infantry line as it makes a bit of a gap as the captain is only one soldier and no one forms behind him. I would suggest having a unit captain for most regular units and maybe having a standard bearer for elite ones.
    "July 14, 2008: I think this is a case where Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae are fundamentally sound. They're not in danger of going under. They're not the best investment these days from a long term standpoint going back. I think they are in good shape going forward. They're in the housing market. I do think their prospects going forward are very solid."
    -Barney Frank