Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PRO DEO ET REGE 1.0: START-UP ERRORS? PLEASE REPORT HERE!

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: PRO DEO ET REGE 1.0: START-UP ERRORS? PLEASE REPORT HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by pashley1411 View Post
    Another weekend, another shot at getting this started

1. ARE YOU USING WINDOWS VISTA?
    yes
    2. ARE YOU USING A STEAM VERSION OF M2TW?
    nope
    3. ARE YOU PLAYING A FOREIGN-LANGUAGE VERSION OF THE MOD? IF SO WHAT LANGUAGE?
    nope
    4. DO YOU HAVE YOUR MOD INSTALLED TO A DIRECTORY OTHER THAN THE DEFAULT AS LISTED IN THE INSTALLER (I.E. C: PROGRAM FILES...)
    yep the game is installed f:/medieval war. The mod is installed in that file as well

5. DO YOU HAVE ANY MODS INSTALLED THAT INSTALL FILES TO THE VANILLA M2TW DIRECTORY? IF NOT SURE, PLEASE LIST ANY OTHER MODS YOU MAY HAVE INSTALLED.
    nope
    6. HAVE YOU MADE CHANGES TO THE GAME'S FILES YOURSELF?
    no
    AND RUN THE GAME USING THE IO-SWITCH METHOD?
    dunno?
    7. ANY OTHER INFORMATION YOU FEEL IS PERTINENT/HELPFUL?

gl
    One stupid question: is your desktop shortcut linking properly? To check, right click, choose properties and then click 'find target'.

got it. 15th time's a charm
    Last edited by pashley1411; February 22, 2008 at 11:28 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pashley1411 View Post
    got it. 15th time's a charm
    Always glad to be of service

ten minutes to load a campaign?! you NEED to mention that in the readme. here i am searching frantically for a solution to what appears to be a crashing game. god damn, man, comon!

Atman's Avatar Libertus

LOL!

are you guys kidding me? 10 minutes loading??

I already uninstalled it beacause it wouldn't load a campaign and/or custom battle; (task manager said MTW2 is 'not responding')

so 10 mins load is only the first time I start the mod, right?

not like every battle?

edit: also, there no sound at all.
    Last edited by Atman; February 23, 2008 at 06:31 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by solecist View Post
    ten minutes to load a campaign?! you NEED to mention that in the readme. here i am searching frantically for a solution to what appears to be a crashing game. god damn, man, comon!

Bet the suspension was killing you

But you are right with your suggestion re the ReadMe. I am sure Socal will take care of that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Atman View Post
    LOL!

are you guys kidding me? 10 minutes loading??

I already uninstalled it beacause it wouldn't load a campaign and/or custom battle; (task manager said MTW2 is 'not responding')

so 10 mins load is only the first time I start the mod, right?

not like every battle?

edit: also, there no sound at all.
    The map file gets created only once (or when the map files get edited and the map.rwm file gets deleted).
    The size of the file created is roughly 12MB, in comparison: vanilla = 4.5MB

it does work, btw. i sat there watching my HD light light up once every 10 seconds until finally, FINALLY, the loading bar started up. i totally thought it had crashed after about 5 minutes, too.

but yes, to reiterate, this ABSOLUTELY needs to be mentioned. you probably got people dropping this mod all over the place because of this, and that's a shame, because it seems like a ton of work went into this.

No.

No.
    No.
    4. DO YOU HAVE YOUR MOD INSTALLED TO A DIRECTORY OTHER THAN THE DEFAULT AS LISTED IN THE INSTALLER (I.E. C: PROGRAM FILES...)
    No.
    5. DO YOU HAVE ANY MODS INSTALLED THAT INSTALL FILES TO THE VANILLA M2TW DIRECTORY? IF NOT SURE, PLEASE LIST ANY OTHER MODS YOU MAY HAVE INSTALLED.
    No.
    6. HAVE YOU MADE CHANGES TO THE GAME'S FILES YOURSELF? AND RUN THE GAME USING THE IO-SWITCH METHOD?
    No.
    I installed the mod over a clean M2TW and M2TWK using the provided instructions. When I load the LAUNCH_PDER_1.0. MS-DOS Batch file in the mods folder the MS-DOS start-up screen very briefly appears then disappears without any results.

Thanks in advance

hmmm, having trouble with startup, checked and the [game] allusers=1 line is there. am using vista. Wondering if there is a common hiccup here besides the one mentioned in the quick fixes post.
    edit* srry for the undescriptive post but as i read i can see alot of other poeple having this problem. Strange thing is, i use to have this mod and it worked just fine, now, however, i experiencing the ctd even though i followed all the strenous vista+mod steps.

-english language
    -no steam
    -installed in program files, no other mods
    -Kingdoms patched and everything is normal and clean
    "A man's worth is no greater than his ambitions."
    -Marcus Aurelius
    "The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark."
    -Michelangelo
    If you pursue good with labor, the labor passes away but the good remains; if you pursue evil with pleasure, the pleasure passes away and the evil remains.
    -Marcus Tullius Cicero

Blog Entries

I have modded my PDeR quite badly (having been of the team) and one problem might be the reference of your bat and cfg file.

BAT file (right click, choose 'edit' from drop down menu)
    Code:
    cd ..\..
    kingdoms.exe @mods\name of PDER directory\name of PDeR cfg file
    Example
    Code:
    cd ..\..
    kingdoms.exe @mods\ProDeoEtRege\PDER.cfg
    CFG file must have lines (open with notepad)
    Code:
    [features]
    mod = mods/name of PDeR directory

[io]
    file_first = true

[game]
    allusers = 1
    Example
    Code:
    [features]
    mod = mods/ProDeoEtRege

[io]
    file_first = true

[game]
    allusers = 1

1. ARE YOU USING WINDOWS VISTA? Im using windows Xp

Yes

nope, just english

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\medieval ii total war --had to direct the PDER install to this directory

5. DO YOU HAVE ANY MODS INSTALLED THAT INSTALL FILES TO THE VANILLA M2TW DIRECTORY? PDER only mod installed ever, unless u count the Xbai and Xcai included.

I have checked that my config files have had those suggestions by you guys in there, like [all users] =1, also checked that the correct pder folder was listed in the bat file and config file-no changes needed as they were correct-as per gigantus's post one above.

config file says im using the io file first method, i dont know

7. ANY OTHER INFORMATION YOU FEEL IS PERTINENT/HELPFUL? Patch 1.0a installed and XAI3.401for__Pder1.0afull.exe (from Xeryx)

My log highlights (warnings):
    8:33:01.703 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/PDER_1.0/data/text/diplomacy.txt.strings.bin is missing
    18:33:01.703 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/PDER_1.0/data/text/diplomacy.txt is missing
    18:33:01.703 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/PDER_1.0/data/text/diplomacy_speech.txt.strings.bin is missing
    18:33:01.703 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/PDER_1.0/data/text/diplomacy_speech.txt is missing
    18:33:01.734 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/PDER_1.0/data/text/shortcut.txt.strings.bin is missing
    18:33:01.750 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/PDER_1.0/data/text/shortcut.txt is missing
    18:33:04.296 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for ANISELECT
    18:33:04.296 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_SABOTAGE
    18:33:04.312 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_TRADE
    18:33:04.328 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for DRAGGABLE
    18:33:04.328 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for DRAGGING
    18:33:04.343 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_MULTIPLE_SELECT
    18:33:04.343 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ATTACK
    18:33:04.343 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_CHARACTER
    18:33:04.343 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_RESOURCE
    18:33:04.343 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_FORT
    18:33:04.343 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_MOVE_OBJECT
    18:33:04.343 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_WATCHTOWER
    18:33:04.343 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_DEPLOYMENT_AREA
    18:33:04.343 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_TILE
    18:33:04.343 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_SPECIAL_PIECE
    18:33:04.343 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PAINT
    18:33:04.343 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ADJUST_HEIGHTS
    18:33:04.343 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ADD_UNIT
    18:33:04.343 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_SETTLEMENT
    18:33:05.250 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/PDER_1.0/data/descr_projectile.txt, at line 2908, column 1
    Expected 'display'
    18:33:05.968 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Help meh!

Edit: (removing descr_projectile.txt made my start screen after selecting m2tw last 10 more secs before another unspecified error occurred. I can post a new log after that if you want.
    Last edited by Charles555; August 25, 2009 at 07:54 PM.

Blog Entries

You might have the wrong version of the file. Check my working one.

THANK YOU!!!

My ctd's are gone. However, now since the mod actually starts, I realize I have no sound. Could you explain how I fix that. I think there are some sound files I should install?

You da man!!!

-Charles

P.S. how do I trade items between generals?
    Last edited by Charles555; August 26, 2009 at 03:57 PM.

Blog Entries

Make sure your data\sounds directory is empty (leave the sub directory intact) and copy my attachment (2 files) into it.

No, Windows 7 64 Bit.

Steam version of Kingdoms, downloaded again yesterday.

Negative Ghostrider.

I had to redirect it to the MWII in Steam rather than SEGA.

Clean install.

No.

The who now?

I feel like I am getting so close. I have Kingdoms in Steam looking at the Launch options which direct it to mods/PDER_1.0 and hitting Play on Kingdoms brings me the Launcher screen, selecting MWII shows me the PDER title screen (Yay!) for a half a second (Crap) and then I get the dreaded unspecified error message.

Removing the launch options in Steam sees MWII load as normal.

If I use the LAUNCH_PDER_1.0 Batch file in the mod folder, I get to the Launcher again, selecting MWII gives me a CA_LIBS, Fatal Error message and then crashes.

I have been looking for fixes everywhere. I got the single file PDER_1.0A download last night. I have updated my Directx9 and my HD5870 drivers.

Help me Obiwan, you're my only hope.
    Last edited by Slugger78; February 17, 2011 at 04:28 AM. Reason: Forgot to add system.log

Blog Entries

Check this: Creating a World - Mod Install for Steam, it might solve your problem.

You little ripper. Thanks Gigantus, it's all good now. (Well there's no sound but I saw there are some fixes so once I employ those it'll be all good) Thanks again, much appreciated.

Blog Entries

For sound check post #55 - maybe that might help.

Legend! I only checked as far as the menu but I'm happy with that. Thank you again my good sir.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast