Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: PRO DEO ET REGE 1.0: START-UP ERRORS? PLEASE REPORT HERE!

Socal_infidel's Avatar PDER Piper

Default PRO DEO ET REGE 1.0: START-UP ERRORS? PLEASE REPORT HERE!

PRO DET ET REGE: START-UP ERRORS?

IF YOU'RE EXPERIENCING FATAL ERRORS UPON LOADING ERRORS, PLEASE BE SO KIND AS TO REPORT HERE WITH THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION.

1. ARE YOU USING WINDOWS VISTA?
    2. ARE YOU USING A STEAM VERSION OF M2TW?
    3. ARE YOU PLAYING A FOREIGN-LANGUAGE VERSION OF THE MOD? IF SO WHAT LANGUAGE?
    4. DO YOU HAVE YOUR MOD INSTALLED TO A DIRECTORY OTHER THAN THE DEFAULT AS LISTED IN THE INSTALLER (I.E. C: PROGRAM FILES...)
    5. DO YOU HAVE ANY MODS INSTALLED THAT INSTALL FILES TO THE VANILLA M2TW DIRECTORY? IF NOT SURE, PLEASE LIST ANY OTHER MODS YOU MAY HAVE INSTALLED.
    6. HAVE YOU MADE CHANGES TO THE GAME'S FILES YOURSELF? AND RUN THE GAME USING THE IO-SWITCH METHOD?
    7. ANY OTHER INFORMATION YOU FEEL IS PERTINENT/HELPFUL?

PLEASE BE PATIENT! I FEEL YOUR PAIN! CHEERIO!
    Last edited by Socal_infidel; February 14, 2008 at 05:44 PM.

Default Re: PRO DEO ET REGE 1.0: START-UP ERRORS? PLEASE REPORT HERE!

I have start-up error.
    1) Win XP
    2) No
    3) Russian language
    4) Yes. D:\Progarm files\SEGA.... And my M2TW is installed in that directory
    5) NO. I have kingdoms_grand_campaign_mod installed. But this mod doesn't change vanilla files
    6) No
    7) Please help me!

Venta Icenor Um's Avatar Civis

Ditto,
    1) Windows XP
    2) No
    3) English language
    4) yep, it's the default
    5) no, i have just reinstalled it
    6) no
    7) using a cracked exe
    Those who live by the sword, Play Total War

Quote Originally Posted by Venta Icenor Um View Post
    Ditto,
    1) Windows XP
    2) No
    3) English language
    4) yep, it's the default
    5) no, i have just reinstalled it
    6) no
    7) using a cracked exe
    Check your PM

I think I've got the same setup as Venta does, cracked EXE and all. Send me a PM when you can.

Startup problem. Windows XP. Cracked Exe

Quote Originally Posted by bobulus View Post
    Startup problem. Windows XP. Cracked Exe
    Quote Originally Posted by Stepjan from Serbia View Post
    I think I've got the same setup as Venta does, cracked EXE and all. Send me a PM when you can.
    If both of you gentlemen are patient and check back later tonight (I'm in NY) or tomorrow morning, I'll release a patch which a few have reported as solving their start-up problems along with VISTA problems.

I thank you in advance for your patience!

Default Re: PRO DEO ET REGE 1.0 QUESTIONS & SUGGESTIONS

Hi,

I have M2TW through steam, to run mods I typically have to @(modname).cfg for CFGs that are in the main M2TW folder. Ive tried to launch through the launcher, Ive tried to bypass the launcher, and tried moving your CFG to the main folder. I havent had any real success. Am I missing something, (im also running the english version), or am I just in trouble?

Quote Originally Posted by das View Post
    Hi,

I have M2TW through steam, to run mods I typically have to @(modname).cfg for CFGs that are in the main M2TW folder. Ive tried to launch through the launcher, Ive tried to bypass the launcher, and tried moving your CFG to the main folder. I havent had any real success. Am I missing something, (im also running the english version), or am I just in trouble?
    Hello there friend-o! Try this:

f you're using STEAM, try this:

-Open steam to the "My Games" area.
    -Right click on Medieval 2: Total War and click "Properties". Click on launch options.
    -Paste this in there - @mods\PDER_1.0\PDER_1.0.cfg (Don't include the dash)
    -Next time you launch the game from STEAM it will run whatever mod you have it set to launch.
    -If you want to play vanilla, remove whatever launch options you put there.
    -The M2:TW directory is here:
    C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\medieval ii total war

Lemme know if that works for you, a'ight?:wink:

Ahh I got soo excited when I got your reply, because I didnt know that you could put a whole command line in the launch-0, but I forgot to mention before I was getting an "unspecified Error" message upon crash, which I got again after changing the location to @mods\PDER_1.0\PDER_1.0.cfg .

Oh comely.

Quote Originally Posted by das View Post
    Ahh I got soo excited when I got your reply, because I didnt know that you could put a whole command line in the launch-0, but I forgot to mention before I was getting an "unspecified Error" message upon crash, which I got again after changing the location to @mods\PDER_1.0\PDER_1.0.cfg .

Oh comely.
    Oh comely indeed!

"Know all your enemies\We know who our enemies are"

Check back later tonight/tomorrow morning. I'm readying the first patch as we speak. Hopefully the start up problems will be resolved!

1. XP
    2. yep
    3. nope
    4. nope its installed to the steam folder (C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\medieval ii total war)
    5. nope
    6. nope
    7. I find that the main problem with the steam version is the launcher at the start. I attempted two ways to get around it, first was to change the launch options so that it ran the .cfg file from the start, however I found that this only works when the mod is installed to the actual Medieval2 folder (such as Broken Crescent) and not the mod folder.

I also attempted a trick that occasionally works for similarly installed mods, such as Stainless Steel, which is to install the retrofit mod then move all the Stainless Steel (or whatever mod) files into the retrofit file after clearing out all the retrofit files. I was then able to load up the mod through the launcher by selecting the retrofit mod from the startup tab.

Both of these methods did not work and Medieval suffered a fatal error on the first loading screen.

Anyhow, I'm aware that for the most part Steam users are essentially screwed when it comes to most mods and while I completely understand if you're unable to offer any suggestions or assistance to get the mod running perhaps somewhere down the road you'll make a launcher friendly version as I was quite looking forward to trying this mod out.

Oh and sorry for the long-ish post.

@Fakey

No need to apologize. I'm finalizing the patch right now. Check back tomorrow morning. Hopefully it will resolve a lot of the start-up errors some people are experiencing...

In the meantime...Monaspas lead the way!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

For my fellow steam users:
    There is more to changing some mods than the @(modname).cfg launch priority.
    Some mods use the Kingdoms ap and some use the Medieval2 ap respectively. Steam launches the file launcher that then goes on to activate one or the other. Bypassing launcher sometimes helps... example:
    I run Darthmod, and Broken Crescent. Darthmod uses Medieval2 and Crescent uses Kingdoms, rename launcher to launcher2 or anything that is not launcher. Then rename the one you know your going to target to launcher, in the case of darthmod its medieval2. Maker sure your launch priority is set as well, all shortcuts and launches should take you directly to the mod of your choice.

Hope this helps.

1. I am using vista
    2. no
    3. no
    4. no
    5. no
    6. no
    7. it only crashes if I attempt to play a battle or a campign. in a different post i read that i should try to change the PDER_1.0.cfg file and add [games]
    allusers=1
    i tried to change it and it said i couldsnt save it because "access is denied"
    thanks for the help. I look forward to playing the mod.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Athens-Hoplite View Post
    1. I am using vista
    2. no
    3. no
    4. no
    5. no
    6. no
    7. it only crashes if I attempt to play a battle or a campign. in a different post i read that i should try to change the PDER_1.0.cfg file and add [games]
    allusers=1
    i tried to change it and it said i couldsnt save it because "access is denied"
    thanks for the help. I look forward to playing the mod.
    This most certainly means that your file is write protected. Change it by right clicking the file, choosing 'properties' and then 'untick' the write protect option. Click apply, ok.
    After changing the cfg file, write protect it again as the game tends to erase manual entries like the one you want to add.

If you've been experiencing start-up errors, please try downloading this patch.

It seems to have done the trick for a great many people including such notables as loet66 (VISTA user), hekk, Venta Icenor Um, Stepjan from Serbia, bobulus...

Cheers!

I tried the patch first and it just froze when i tried to start a battle or campiagn. I then tried to change the file and the save worked (thanks gigantus) and it still wont work. im going to try uninstalling the mod and reinstalling it w/o the patch.:hmmm:

Quote Originally Posted by Athens-Hoplite View Post
    I tried the patch first and it just froze when i tried to start a battle or campiagn. I then tried to change the file and the save worked (thanks gigantus) and it still wont work. im going to try uninstalling the mod and reinstalling it w/o the patch.:hmmm:
    Acutally it can take up to 10 minutes to start up a campaign or even a battle. As the game is putting together the map file needed to run.

I have duo core E6600 processors and it takes me 8 minutes at least. So be patient. And I highly advise applying the Patch.

Default Re: PRO DEO ET REGE 1.0 RELEASED: DOWNLOAD HERE!

Hello
    I have still problems to start pder
    even when i had install patch 1.0a
    greetings
    Gawaine

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast