Thread: campaign end date

Default campaign end date

Hi,

Since we're trying create a balance between gameplay and accuracy, i was wondering if we should make the campaign end more early, perhaps in 15 century, making more intense, and more balanced,since not all factions have enough late technology to resist...

perhaps 1095-1453 ? bit more, bit less ....

also this mod is 1turn/1year !!

i need suggestions
    Common sense removed due being Disruptive.

Default Re: campaign end date

I suggest moving the start date to 1098 or 1099, when the Crusader States are created, so that their existence makes sense.

Also, for the sake of character aging and development reality, I suggest two turns per year.
    Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
    Ubi vino proxima morientis ori.

TheFirstONeill's Avatar Father of Thera

Quote Originally Posted by Salah al-Din View Post
    Also, for the sake of character aging and development reality, I suggest two turns per year.
    I always prefer two turns per year, for the same reason

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone
    Proud Creator of Thera, Legacy of the Great Torment: Opifex :

but thats a script wich fix it, but 2 years turn, the campaign ill end quickly and decrease the intensity of the campaign ~_^, in my personal opinion i would prefer reduce the campaign time and keep 1 year per turn or reduce to 0.5 !

Quote Originally Posted by Ataegina View Post
    but thats a script wich fix it, but 2 years turn, the campaign ill end quickly and decrease the intensity of the campaign ~_^, in my personal opinion i would prefer reduce the campaign time and keep 1 year per turn or reduce to 0.5 !
    0.5 is what we were asking for that is two turns per year

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone

oh i thought you're saying 2 years / 1 turn ..... (like vanilla), yes 0.5 i agree

sorry, i've got it now

Quote Originally Posted by Ataegina View Post
    oh i thought you're saying 2 years / 1 turn ..... (like vanilla), yes 0.5 i agree

sorry, i've got it now
    Good news 0.5 it is then

That's great news!
    Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
    Ubi vino proxima morientis ori.

King Yngvar's Avatar Senator

I'm not really worried about how many turns there is each year, I usually change that myself to 0.5 once I download a mod.
    Setting starting date can also be changed in the line above. However what is important is that every faction hold historical borders, since that is harder to change for some people, like me getting CTD every time I screw with provinces.

It's not a bad idea, but I think, if a underdeveloped (fire weapon for example) faction are still living in 1453, probably they will live in 1530, but this is my opinion only. And sorry my terrible English

well when CA set 1530 as campaign end date, in my opinion this was just justified by the discovery of america, but since our campaign its focus in europe and mideast and also factions ill had fire weapons much before 1453 and having 0.5 for turns our campaign end date its more than justified