Thread: Generic Error !!!!

Default Generic Error !!!!

Hey guys,

I have RS 1.10a and I am currently playing as Rome and set to battle some rebels in Iberia when the game pops up with the following msg and I then CTD.

Failed to find texture 'data/models_unit/textures/libyphoenician_early_infantry.tga.'

Any ideas how this can be fixed.

Cheers.

HMonk's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Generic Error !!!!

UpGrade to 1.5
    The Best Computer is Your Computer!

Squid's Avatar Opifex
    Patrician Artifex Technically Staff

Blog Entries

Default Re: Generic Error !!!!

Question answered. Thread closed.
    Under the patronage of Roman_Man#3, Patron of Ishan
    Click for my tools and tutorials
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

Default Generic Error

Howdy...

My last post was closed and I did not really get the answer/solution I was after.

The answer I recieved was to up-grade to 1.5, but I have spent AGES on this campaign and really enjoying it. My understanding is that 1.10a is not save compatible with 1.5 :hmmm:

So if anyone can help me out with my failure to find text problem that would be great. I have RS 1.10a and I am currently playing as Rome and set to battle some rebels in Iberia when the game pops up with the following msg and I then CTD.

Failed to find texture 'data/models_unit/textures/libyphoenician_early_infantry.tga.'

Cheers

Squid's Avatar Opifex
    Patrician Artifex Technically Staff

Blog Entries

Default Re: Generic Error

The problem was fixed in 1.5, if you want the fix you'll have to get 1.5, there's really no way around it. And you are correct, 1.5 is not save game compatible with any previous version. Acutally I'm pretty sure it was fixed in either 1.10b or 1.10c, but neither of those is save game compatible either.

You're playing a version that isn't just one release out of date, but is 3 releases out of date. We can't support old installs, especially when the fix is part of the current patch. You can get around the problem by autoresolving the battle, but that's the best we can offer.
    Under the patronage of Roman_Man#3, Patron of Ishan
    Click for my tools and tutorials
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: Generic Error

Quote Originally Posted by Mateus View Post
    Howdy...

My last post was closed and I did not really get the answer/solution I was after.

The answer I recieved was to up-grade to 1.5, but I have spent AGES on this campaign and really enjoying it. My understanding is that 1.10a is not save compatible with 1.5 :hmmm:

So if anyone can help me out with my failure to find text problem that would be great. I have RS 1.10a and I am currently playing as Rome and set to battle some rebels in Iberia when the game pops up with the following msg and I then CTD.

Cheers
    Well you could technically download patch 1.5, unpack/install it to separate folder (desktop maybe), copy the contents of data/model_units from the patch into you current data/models_unit folder.

Or just copy the libyphoenician_early_infantry.tga file only.

If the unit no longer exist (I do not have RS) then just autoresolve everytime you encounter the units in battle.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook