Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: PRO DEO ET REGE 1.0 QUESTIONS & SUGGESTIONS

Default Re: PRO DEO ET REGE 1.0 QUESTIONS & SUGGESTIONS

It's a tiny thing, but it's been bugging me. You've done a great job of giving the factions proper (unpronouncable) names, except for the Armenians, who are just called "Cilician Armenia". Now, I've no idea what they should be called, but it'd be nice to have something that at least looks authentic for the next version

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Could the team add the stone forts(buildable)in the next release?
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

billydilly's Avatar Senator

Are stone forts buildable now? Thought you only could place them in the strat file. But a few well-placed forts would be nice.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700. GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor 8G. RAM: Corsair Vengance, 16Gb HD: Kingston SSD 240Gb (System), Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500Gb (Steam), Western Digital 500Gb. PSU: Corsair CX600W

Some one in the SS thread claims they are!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Guess you might be able to put them in the EDB, but the AI sometimes builds forts like mad. We had a time when the regular forts were (accidentally) not destroyed once they were vacated. The map looked like someone was having measles!

Basileia TW claims they are having buildable castles like those in the Britannia expansion but these will be extremely expensive in order to stop the building of crazy amounts of these.

Socal_infidel's Avatar PDER Piper

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    Could the team add the stone forts(buildable)in the next release?
    Quote Originally Posted by billydilly View Post
    Are stone forts buildable now? Thought you only could place them in the strat file. But a few well-placed forts would be nice.
    Some one in the SS thread claims they are!

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Basil View Post
    Basileia TW claims they are having buildable castles like those in the Britannia expansion but these will be extremely expensive in order to stop the building of crazy amounts of these.
    Criminy! The Topic for the Day - Stone Forts!

If it's indeed possible, it's something worth exploring. But from what I understand the AI has no clue how to deal with them. So it might not exactly be fair.

If anything, I'd be more inclined to go with the pre-placement route. In any event, work on 2.0 has thus far been limited to Byzantine units. I've got the base model and textures in place for their low-level troops done! Yay me!

Good news but remember i am hard juge!I expect nothing less but perfection for my beloved faction!

Rosters of all factions must simplified...
    No peasant archers and archer millitia(it is useless)...the list goes on...
    This is what i mean...

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Socal_infidel View Post
    .... In any event, work on 2.0 has thus far been limited to Byzantine units. .....

I get my new rig in two months and then I'll be playing PDER maxed out in all its glory.

Rosters of all factions must simplified...
    No peasant archers and archer millitia(it is useless)...the list goes on...
    This is what i mean...

there is actually a difference. the militia get free upkeep in cities and castles. but i guess ur right with peasant archers. but thats y their upkeep and price is different.

Senator
    In the icey lands of Norway... which aren't actually icey... more like rainy.

Well heres a suggestion...

In EB1 most regions have unique buildings and structures that survived at that time (like Colossus of Rhodes, etc) and which gives bonuses to the one who occupies it. This is a really nice feature imo, is there any chance that something like this could possibly be included in PDER?

Quote Originally Posted by hekk View Post
    Well heres a suggestion...

In EB1 most regions have unique buildings and structures that survived at that time (like Colossus of Rhodes, etc) and which gives bonuses to the one who occupies it. This is a really nice feature imo, is there any chance that something like this could possibly be included in PDER?
    Of course...

For the next release, I've already planned on combining the range units and regular infantry into one barracks (they are after all, both infantry). The purpose for this is to free up 13 much needed building trees.

I also like how there are special markers (not necessarily buildings) for certain features of a province, like the Silk Road or Amber Road in EB. I'm planning on adding something like these, too.

xeryx's Avatar Follow the White Rabbit

I agree, When you have a Huge City, I also think you should have 9 free upkeep units. 5 for Castles. Castles however should be able to recruit 1.5 -2x (recruitment slots) more troops than cities, due to the training facilities!! And Castles should be the ones the trains troops experience, the most
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

Seeing as you're going to start using the new triggers, will you make the mongols start off pagan and then change religion later under certain circumstances?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Phan View Post
    Seeing as you're going to start using the new triggers, will you make the mongols start off pagan and then change religion later under certain circumstances?
    Maybe although I'm not sure I can see the practical gameplay benefits of doing so, since they're AI-controlled.

But I've always been slow-witted.

Some observations and suggestions after playing through 50 turns (Sicily).

1) Change upkeep cost of Merchants to 0. At 50 per turn they cost more than they can often bring in.

2) Change the brigandage and piracy numbers to something under 100. I have not had a single field battle in 50 turns!!! Nothing but sieges of Lesser faction cities. And 0 naval actions. Nothing to fight. I long to crush a rebellion in the open!

Siculus

my first impression it is a great mod. However playing the Turks you can not go by the fact that the lack of Crusader States makes the Middle East dull and unhistoric.

I think you guys do not want to add emerging factions from what I read here so far but at least you could add them as proper factions and start the game in 1098-1099. I feel starting a bit late would not make any real difference in a 1000 turn game. In return the Crusader States would add a lot of flavor to game play.

So long and thanks for the mod once more.

Quote Originally Posted by Siculus View Post
    Some observations and suggestions after playing through 50 turns (Sicily).

1) Change upkeep cost of Merchants to 0. At 50 per turn they cost more than they can often bring in.
    Hmm. A lot of people complain that merchants suck, but I think they're alright for now. Gigantus showed me a screen where he was raking in the cash with merchants. I honestly think it just depends on what resource you have them planted on.

Quote Originally Posted by Siculus View Post
    2) Change the brigandage and piracy numbers to something under 100. I have not had a single field battle in 50 turns!!! Nothing but sieges of Lesser faction cities. And 0 naval actions. Nothing to fight. I long to crush a rebellion in the open!

Siculus
    Do me a favor and try experimenting with the brigand rate in the descr_strat file, if you can. Sometimes those rebel stacks annoy, but in my PDER 1.0 campaigns with Xeryx XAI, rebels actually ATTACKED me, which was cool as all get out!

Quote Originally Posted by ulrich hart View Post
    my first impression it is a great mod. However playing the Turks you can not go by the fact that the lack of Crusader States makes the Middle East dull and unhistoric.

I think you guys do not want to add emerging factions from what I read here so far but at least you could add them as proper factions and start the game in 1098-1099. I feel starting a bit late would not make any real difference in a 1000 turn game. In return the Crusader States would add a lot of flavor to game play.

So long and thanks for the mod once more.
    I've mentioned this before, but personally I'm not a fan of the Crusader States. Dunno why, they just seem a bit dull to me for some reason. Or maybe it's I don't like the idea of a Catholic faction in the Levant at the start. The idea of conquering Iraq/western Iran as the Kingdom of Jerusalem seems more unhistorical to me than not having them.

Plus, were I to push my start-date back to include the KOJ or PoA, I may as well as fully join Basileia Total War, as they begin at 1099. And for my money, they have the best faction list (apart from the Crusaders, of course, historical though it may be) around. A campaign with the Rum Turks, Great Seljuks, Danishmandids, Georgians, Armenians and Romans all battling it out in Anatolia sounds like a good un. Yeah, I'm kinda obsessed with Anatolia moreso than other regions

At the moment I only have two faction slots remaining. We'll see what I end up doing with them, but for now I have my hands full with the Roman and Serbians.

Shigawire's Avatar VOXIFEX MAXIMVS

1)Will you be implementing something along the lines of Byg's grim reality mod for supply and logistics?

2)Also, how many members does your mod have currently? And is your primary forum here on TWC?

3)Would you be interested in having the Xenophonia voicemods (when and if they get done) implemented with PDER?

4)You do not wish to have the ability to form semi-dependent crusader states? Well, I think that would be foolish. But I think it could be done by allowing a certain kind of "Crusader Government" to be built in those regions, this is an EB-member talking of course.. biased opinion.

Otherwise PDER looks like the most promising Medieval mod for M2TW. You've got the mindset of someone who truly wants authenticity, and realism. I just wish you would implement the geo-politically and -strategically paramount presence of semi-dependent Crusader governments. No need to add factions for this of course, that would be an absurd waste.

Look forward to this with great intrepidation.
    Last edited by Shigawire; March 14, 2008 at 04:29 PM.
    ------------------------------VOXIFEX MAXIMVS-------------------------------
    ------PROUD PARENT OF THE EUROPA BARBARORUM VOICEMOD-------

"To know a thing well, know its limits. Only when pushed beyond its tolerances will its true nature be seen." -The Amtal Rule, DUNE