Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: PRO DEO ET REGE 1.0 QUESTIONS & SUGGESTIONS

Sanskrit_Bandit's Avatar Wielki Kniaź Wiślański

Default Re: PRO DEO ET REGE 1.0 QUESTIONS & SUGGESTIONS

@socal - when u decide to reowork the vanilla ones let me nkow if you need any assistance with poland

This has become my favorite mod ever. i've played a lot of others, but this is the most realistic and historic. good jobs creators.

the 2 things that i think might be fixed
    1. can you make the family members age 1/2 per turn because my family tree is getting huge, and im only like 20 years in the game.

2. i think the mod ss fixed this, but when a person comes of age, you have to put them in a city or castle or w/e, but the castle requires a library and most factions don't have one.

keep up the good work!

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

1. I believe that is hard coded.
    2. PDER has something similiar (sophomore, freshman traits)

Socal_infidel's Avatar PDER Piper

Quote Originally Posted by SGD2C View Post
    This has become my favorite mod ever. i've played a lot of others, but this is the most realistic and historic. good jobs creators.

the 2 things that i think might be fixed
    1. can you make the family members age 1/2 per turn because my family tree is getting huge, and im only like 20 years in the game.
    Thanks you. Thanks you very much. Character aging is hardcoded as gigantus noted.

Why? What's the problem? Are you adopting all the generals? Or just have a lot of family members? The thing is you need those family members to act as governours. Because military development of a settlements requires the presence of a governor.

Quote Originally Posted by SGD2C View Post
    2. i think the mod ss fixed this, but when a person comes of age, you have to put them in a city or castle or w/e, but the castle requires a library and most factions don't have one.

keep up the good work!
    Ah, I see. The castle education trait requires a library but not all factions can build libraries. That it?

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

We baig for generals,he has alot of them and comlains?
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

1. ah its hardcoded, thats fine then. it was just that i have a 4th generation kids coming of age in only twenty years. ya, buts its not a problem, just have them govern a city.

2. so if i put them in a town they get government traits, if a castle has a church, they get religion traits. how do i get military traits if i don't have a library?

Black_Rider's Avatar Ordinarius

Where I can slow down units on the campaign map?
    Because in my opinion they can go too fast per turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Rider View Post
    Where I can slow down units on the campaign map?
    Because in my opinion they can go too fast per turn.
    If you're referring to the distance an army can travel each turn, check out this thread. All is explained.

Black_Rider's Avatar Ordinarius

Thanks again Socal_infidel.

Sanskrit_Bandit's Avatar Wielki Kniaź Wiślański

i noticed in my vanilla campaigns it was a rare find for any of my generals or family members to gain chivalry while it was all too easy to become dreaded. i was wondering if you guys were tackling that in any way? i found it annoying almost everytime i'd conquer a settlement i'd gain a dread point even though there was no choice of releasing prisoners after a successful siege attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Rider View Post
    Thanks again Socal_infidel.
    No problem! Thanks for trying out my mod!

Quote Originally Posted by polak966 View Post
    i noticed in my vanilla campaigns it was a rare find for any of my generals or family members to gain chivalry while it was all too easy to become dreaded. i was wondering if you guys were tackling that in any way? i found it annoying almost everytime i'd conquer a settlement i'd gain a dread point even though there was no choice of releasing prisoners after a successful siege attack.
    Hm. I haven't really encountered that in PDER. I even had Kilic Arslan the Chivalrous running around Anatolia in my Rum Turks campaign. So you definitely can gain chivalry. I did that with my house rule - kill all Crusading armies on my lands - in place too. So it's possible.

I loved Kilic actually. His army was unstoppable. Too bad I have CADD - Campaign Attention Deficit Disorder...

billydilly's Avatar Senator

@Socal_infidel

About the castle education and factions not having libraries. Isn't it possible to just change the library for another building, like some level of army barrack
    ?
    CPU: Intel i7-8700. GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor 8G. RAM: Corsair Vengance, 16Gb HD: Kingston SSD 240Gb (System), Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500Gb (Steam), Western Digital 500Gb. PSU: Corsair CX600W

Quote Originally Posted by billydilly View Post
    @Socal_infidel

About the castle education and factions not having libraries. Isn't it possible to just change the library for another building, like some level of army barrack
    ?
    Good point. I may tie it into one the Town Hall line of buildings. After all, that's where governor's are recruited from.

I have a suggestion, is it possible for the heriditary titles to be faction based? We already have different titles for Islamic factions, is it possible to expand on that? It's minor details like this that stand out to me.

Eastern Rome would have titles reflecting their system, and various Catholic kingdoms used slightly different titles and feudal systems. The republics might have different ones aswell. And the turkic and arabian based islamic factions having different names for their governors aswell.

For instance Eastern Rome used a Theme System with a Strategus at command. Also the papal description of "King of Rome" shouldn't say he overthrew himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Phan View Post
    I have a suggestion, is it possible for the heriditary titles to be faction based? We already have different titles for Islamic factions, is it possible to expand on that? It's minor details like this that stand out to me.

Eastern Rome would have titles reflecting their system, and various Catholic kingdoms used slightly different titles and feudal systems. The republics might have different ones aswell. And the turkic and arabian based islamic factions having different names for their governors aswell.
    This is definitely something I've considered. It's just something I haven't had the time to properly address yet. All in due time.

I'm sneaking in the creation of some Roman units at the moment in between refining the AI money script. And trying to play a little too.

I'm a busy bee behind the scenes...

On the same line as titles could they include an element of loyalty increase? It's just I noticed that when I gave a family member both the titles for Hadianoplis and Iconium (second one by accident) he actually lost loyalty. He wasn't very appreciative.
    Also would it be possible to have various titles that can be given to family members but aren't attached to lands like the titles in Med1? For instance the English Marshal or the Byzantine Domestic.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Basil View Post
    On the same line as titles could they include an element of loyalty increase? It's just I noticed that when I gave a family member both the titles for Hadianoplis and Iconium (second one by accident) he actually lost loyalty. He wasn't very appreciative.
    Also would it be possible to have various titles that can be given to family members but aren't attached to lands like the titles in Med1? For instance the English Marshal or the Byzantine Domestic.
    Pretty sure it's all possible. Just like I said, haven't had time to properly address traits and ancillaries yet.

What's Med1? I never played it. This is my first Total War game. And the first game I ever modded.

Quote Originally Posted by Socal_infidel View Post
    Pretty sure it's all possible. Just like I said, haven't had time to properly address traits and ancillaries yet.

What's Med1? I never played it. This is my first Total War game. And the first game I ever modded.
    Yeah it was just a thought for the future.

You never played the original Medieval Total War? It had some good stuff in that they lost in M2 such as titles and anti-popes.

Quote Originally Posted by Socal_infidel View Post

A much better game in some respects. You could assasinate your own generals, Titles were given on the campaign map to whoever you wanted. But the map was more risk like, you'd decide to move into a province to conquer it. But by today's standards the graphics are rather poor. You should try it out sometime if you can find it. But I loved the voice over during battles. Check Zip file to hear it.