Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: PRO DEO ET REGE 1.0 QUESTIONS & SUGGESTIONS

Socal_infidel's Avatar PDER Piper

Default Re: PRO DEO ET REGE 1.0 QUESTIONS & SUGGESTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Blutaxt II View Post
    Thank you for helping once again.
    So i guess deleting "and event_counter PAVISE_SHIELDS 1" from the mentioned units would not be enough? So I'll have to practice myself in the virtue of patience....
    Oh yeah, you could just delete the "and event_counter PAVISE_SHIELDS 1" requirement. But you'd still have to wait for other events for other units.

Indefinitely Banned

Hehe - it seems such a shame that the poor old Genoese have to wait until 1300 or so to get their pavisse crossbowmen while we, the Basileia ton Rhomaion, are way ahead of those guys with our armourers already churning them out at Ohrid castle, and it's only 1133.

Maybe what you need to do is pop down to the good old Roman Empire and see if they'll trade some with you.

Default Re: PRO DEO ET REGE 1.0 RELEASED: DOWNLOAD HERE!

Is this normal?

The faction heir suddenly lost all loyalty. Ok, but now he can only move a tiny step every turn (I was sending him off to be um taken care of).

I thought it was strange but then one of my generals (who was alone on Palma) with 7 loyalty suddenly did the same thing. This general can barely move as well.

I really like the mod so far but this is very strange.

Default Re: PRO DEO ET REGE 1.0 RELEASED: DOWNLOAD HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by kaleva View Post
    Is this normal?

The faction heir suddenly lost all loyalty. Ok, but now he can only move a tiny step every turn (I was sending him off to be um taken care of).

I thought it was strange but then one of my generals (who was alone on Palma) with 7 loyalty suddenly did the same thing. This general can barely move as well.

I really like the mod so far but this is very strange.
    'tis normal. It's part of the Royal Rebellion system of Bloods, Broads and Bastards that is incorporated in PDER. You need to keep on eye on Generals with low loyalty and move them home if you suspect them of rebelling.

If it's too harsh, let me know. I shall see what I can do.

Cheers! Thanks for trying out my mod, mate!

But they can only move ___ this much at a time on the map. Is that normal?

Great, thank you.
    Generally, i like certain units being connected to certain technology events. its just the genoese crossbowmen i wanted a little earlier. And i think i can wait until 1180 (heavy mail requirement...). Will start new game right away, thank you once again.

Quote Originally Posted by kaleva View Post
    But they can only move ___ this much at a time on the map. Is that normal?
    yeah, it drops their movement points to simulate them no longer really being under your control.

If it isn't your cup of tea, you could remove the triggers from the export_descr_character_traits.txt file.

Look for the ones preceded by
    Code:
    ;*********  LOYALTY SYSTEM TRIGGERS  *********

I'll try it as is for now. I had no idea what was happening.

Thanks!

I really just downloaded this mod because I have nothing to while I wait for another mod to come out but now I'm quite addicted. I love the long campaign style and the new look and everything. I especially like the rebel factions and I've just had a loyalist revolt which is brilliant. I altered the map a tiny bit and the bugs are annoying but other than that it's a first class mod.

Just wanted to ask about recruitment. I know when an enemy settlement is captured it I can't recruit my normal troops but how long before I can? And do I have to build a new barracks from scratch?

Oh also the pictures of the Byzantine Heavy Spearmen on the Recruitment List at the beginning of each year are 3 or 4 times larger than all the other pictures of units.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Basil View Post
    I really just downloaded this mod because I have nothing to while I wait for another mod to come out but now I'm quite addicted. I love the long campaign style and the new look and everything. I especially like the rebel factions and I've just had a loyalist revolt which is brilliant. I altered the map a tiny bit and the bugs are annoying but other than that it's a first class mod.

Just wanted to ask about recruitment. I know when an enemy settlement is captured it I can't recruit my normal troops but how long before I can? And do I have to build a new barracks from scratch?

Oh also the pictures of the Byzantine Heavy Spearmen on the Recruitment List at the beginning of each year are 3 or 4 times larger than all the other pictures of units.
    Thanks for the compliments. If you do me a favour, next time you get a CTD entering a battle, post the last 20 lines or so of the PDER.system.log in your SEGA\Medieval II Total War\logs folder.

I just went and used all the AOR units and Byzantine units in custom battles, so don't know what caused those CTDs. Those type of CTDs are usually caused by invalid texture path or missing texture. But all seemed fine for me. I even gave myself those units and sieged Ras. And sure enough, the reinforcement army comes along and attacks. But I was able to fight that battle, too. Weird.

As far as your questions, if you conquer a region outside your home or one that has been lost, you need to build an Auxiliary Hall (which takes 6 turns) Simulates bringing that province under your control culture-wise, etc.

Then you can build Auxiliary buildings that give you access to regional AOR units (these all take 6 or 8 turns too). Then you build a Town Hall and you can build regular military buildings which will give you access to your own roster with certain regional limitations (e.g. England could never recruit Longbowmen outside the Isles, Moors could never recruit Sudanese troops outside Africa).

If you want to change Kaisar to Sebastos, open the expanded text file and look for:

Code:
    {EMT_BYZANTIUM_FACTION_HEIR_NAME}Sebastos %S
    That's after I changed it myself!

Cheers!

EDIT - if you have any suggestions of future Roman units, by all means, post them here
    Last edited by Socal_infidel; February 19, 2008 at 07:05 PM.

Cheers.

When I next have a battle and it crashes I'll have a look at that.

I've noticed a few other problems as well:
    - A few of the missions are a little silly. For instance I got one that asked me to blockade Calais and another that asked me to take Barcelona, which aren't exactly prudent targets for an empire which has only got as far as southern Italy.
    - On the construction menu half the buildings sometimes disappear. Flipping between the different menus on a settlement can make some buildings disappear or reappear. They never permanently go though.
    - When I build a Guard house(?) sometimes it doesn't actually build. I have to take it off the production line and then put it back on again for it to actually build. This happened to me in Antioch and Salerno.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Cheers.

- A few of the missions are a little silly. For instance I got one that asked me to blockade Calais and another that asked me to take Barcelona, which aren't exactly prudent targets for an empire which has only got as far as southern Italy.
    That is vintage vanilla
    - On the construction menu half the buildings sometimes disappear. Flipping between the different menus on a settlement can make some buildings disappear or reappear. They never permanently go though.
    You need a governor in the settlement to build some start up buildings.

Indefinitely Banned

.... - A few of the missions are a little silly. For instance I got one that asked me to blockade Calais and another that asked me to take Barcelona, which aren't exactly prudent targets for an empire which has only got as far as southern Italy. ...

Hehe - that's nothing. My silly nobles suggested a mission to blockade an obscure port in the Baltic. Their heads now have a prime spot on pikes on the altar of the Hagia Sophia.

Quote Originally Posted by gigantus View Post
    You need a governor in the settlement to build some start up buildings.
    This is in settlements with governors.

This is in settlements with governors.
    Hmm. I'll look into this. But I know if you have a settlement without a governor and have the construction scroll open and then move a governour into the settlement, you have to close the construction scroll and then reopen it.

And as of now, ALL military buildings and the Town Hall line of buildings require a governour, as well as Settlement Upgrades.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Socal_infidel View Post
    ... And as of now, ALL military buildings and the Town Hall line of buildings require a governour, as well as Settlement Upgrades.

Hehe - I used to send my more corrupt governors out for a stroll around the province before building anything - used to save myself a fortune in the long run. I guess that's knocked that little ploy on the head.

I have a question about free upkeep - playing as Novgorod, I found out that the druzhinas were, surprisingly enough, free upkeep units in towns if they had the appropriate building. Now since there's nothing that indicates they're militia units, I was left wondering what other "hidden" militia units are there? Could I please have a list or general guideline of some sort here?

Quote Originally Posted by MrQwerty View Post
    I have a question about free upkeep - playing as Novgorod, I found out that the druzhinas were, surprisingly enough, free upkeep units in towns if they had the appropriate building. Now since there's nothing that indicates they're militia units, I was left wondering what other "hidden" militia units are there? Could I please have a list or general guideline
    of some sort here?
    Sure thing, matey. In addition to all militia units being free upkeep, units that would be considered a "feudal-type" unit also get free upkeep status.

This benefit is offset by their high upkeep costs outside a settlement. Two knight units would cost you near 1000 florins to maintain outside a settlement. So extended campaigns will really cost you.

So for Novgorod, I believe Druzhinas and Boyar sons qualify as "feudal-type
    units.

Venta Icenor Um's Avatar Civis

Is there any way of bringing rebelling family members back to your side? a lot of my generals are rebelling and i don't have many royalists left to govern cities, i don't want to disable the rebellions, i can overcome, but it would be nice to calm some of my disgruntled family members down
    Those who live by the sword, Play Total War

Indefinitely Banned

I've noticed that when I take a province my general or family member doesn't get "free-upkeep" but then, somewhere along the line he does. I've not explored it fully yet but would I be right in thinking that it's connected with the building of the Assembly Hall?