Page 1 of 24 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: PRO DEO ET REGE 1.0 QUESTIONS & SUGGESTIONS

Socal_infidel's Avatar PDER Piper

Default PRO DEO ET REGE 1.0 QUESTIONS & SUGGESTIONS

PRO DEO ET REGE 1.0 QUESTIONS & SUGGESTIONS

THIS THREAD IS FOR QUESTIONS AND SUGGESTIONS RELATING TO PRO DEO ET REGE 1.0.

PLEASE DO NOT REPORTS BUGS IN THIS THREAD! SHOULD YOU ENCOUNTER ANY BUGS, PLEASE REPORT THEM IN THIS THREAD

Campidoctor

Default Re: PRO DEO ET REGE 1.0 QUESTIONS & SUGGESTIONS

Social I am confused, there is something wrong with my install, there is no sound I do not know what to do....I am really looking forward to playing but something is wrong.
    Last edited by Son of Mao; February 12, 2008 at 10:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobolight View Post
    Social I am confused, there is something wrong with my install, there is no music and the campaign will not start I do not know what to do....I am really looking forward to playing but something is wrong.
    What's the exact problem. The menu sometimes crashes due to new factions and editing the M2TW.lnt file. Did the map.rwm file generate?

I was about to post the sound files for the english-language version...

Campidoctor

well there is no sound in the entire game, will mine be mute if I have an English version?

Hi Socal,

I want to congratulate you with the new version of your wonderfull mod.

I just finished downloading it, but I want to know if it's possible to play your mod together with Broken Cresent and Stainless Steel installed? Or do I really need a complete fresh install?

Greetz

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Daniel's View Post
    Hi Socal,

I want to congratulate you with the new version of your wonderfull mod.

I just finished downloading it, but I want to know if it's possible to play your mod together with Broken Cresent and Stainless Steel installed? Or do I really need a complete fresh install?

Greetz
    PDER installs to its own folder within the data/mods/ folder so you should be fine.

Thanx for the quick answer. Im gonna try your mod now!

It's gonna be a difficult choice: playing BC or PDER, both supermods!!!

Keep up the good work Socal!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Daniel's View Post
    Thanx for the quick answer. Im gonna try your mod now!

It's gonna be a difficult choice: playing BC or PDER, both supermods!!!

Keep up the good work Socal!
    Go with BC! AD's and Strelac's units are much nicer-looking! Once things settle down here, I'm gonna start a Pahlava EB 1.0 campaign and a Khwarezm BC 1.05 campaign!

billydilly's Avatar Senator

First of all, fantastic mod!

How many regions are there? 199? Just asking because I always miss Kerak, it's great to have castle east of Jerusalem.

Well back to my spanish campaign.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700. GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor 8G. RAM: Corsair Vengance, 16Gb HD: Kingston SSD 240Gb (System), Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500Gb (Steam), Western Digital 500Gb. PSU: Corsair CX600W

Quote Originally Posted by billydilly View Post
    First of all, fantastic mod!

How many regions are there? 199? Just asking because I always miss Kerak, it's great to have castle east of Jerusalem.

Well back to my spanish campaign.
    Nah, I kept 3 regions in my pocket in case I need them for new factions...

Spanish campaign, really? As in Castile, not Aragon?

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Socal_infidel View Post
    Go with BC! AD's and Strelac's units are much nicer-looking! Once things settle down here, I'm gonna start a Pahlava EB 1.0 campaign and a Khwarezm BC 1.05 campaign!

Hehe - looks aren't everything Socal! BC is a damned fine mod, and I'm thoroughly enjoying it's ERE campaign (quelle suprise!), but PDER is damned fine too. The beauty of this game is you don't have to choose - just play both.

I'm on 88% download now, with another hour to go, and I'm determined to give your new toy a whirl before the evening is out.

One unit I love in BC, which I'd like to see in PDER, is the ERE Kontaratoi pikeman. Cheap and cheerful infantry with poor morale, but properly supported they don't half hold the battle line - even against heavy cavalry. They're the backbone of my BC ERE armies!

I can feel the ghost of Alexander smiling down as they stand rocklike against their foes.

Campaign is awesome, and CAI is great. Would be nice to see a little more flexibility as far as recruitment out of home area though... perhaps increased local levies or an ability to "colonize to some extent".

Main complaint, however, is with unit cohesion in battle. Units can't seem to stay organized and move when ordered, especially cavalry.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSavage View Post
    Campaign is awesome, and CAI is great. Would be nice to see a little more flexibility as far as recruitment out of home area though... perhaps increased local levies or an ability to "colonize to some extent".

Main complaint, however, is with unit cohesion in battle. Units can't seem to stay organized and move when ordered, especially cavalry.
    Thanks for the compliments!

As far as unit recruitment is concerned, it's supposed to be limited at least in the early going. But the further you develop a region outside your home region, the more troops available to you eventually. With the caveat that some of your core troops are going to be unavailable no matter how developed a region (e.g. No Longbowmen outside British Isles...)

Hmm...I'll look into unit cohesion. Right now we're using Lusted Battle AI as well as his campaign AI...

Cheers! 'preciate the feedback!

danova's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Tony83 View Post
    ...One unit I love in BC, which I'd like to see in PDER, is the ERE Kontaratoi pikeman. Cheap and cheerful infantry with poor morale, but properly supported they don't half hold the battle line - even against heavy cavalry. They're the backbone of my BC ERE armies!
    I feel the same with the Kontaratoi ...
    haha!

Senator
    In the icey lands of Norway... which aren't actually icey... more like rainy.

Theres so much to love about this mod... the new factions and minor factions, AoR system, the great artwork, great new units and the list goes on...!

Here are some suggestions for the new version

AoR : It would be nice if some of the AoR units were more colorful, rather than being white and grey.

Norway : Norway's name should be Konungriket Norvegh, Olaf's norse name was Óláfr Haraldrsson and Magnus' norse name was Magnús Ólafsson and while I don't know who Haakon is supposed to be his name would be Hákon. Also konungr was the Norse title for king with the title being behind the name like this "Óláfr konungr".

Norwegian kings and generals usually fought without horses, so I'd recommend making them as an infantry unit.

Also some cities I'd recommend for Norway is Hamar as a small castle and Kirkwall/Kirkjuvagr as a town and colony for Norway.

Oh.. and why does Norway use orange as a faction color? Red would fit a bit more in my opinion.

Kievan Rus : The CoA they are using isn't correct. It should be something like this. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ievan_Rus..svg
    Last edited by hekk; February 16, 2008 at 08:47 AM.

Indefinitely Banned

With regard to LAca's Byzantine Heavy Spearmen, I've noticed that you've given them the long_pike attribute in the EDU. I was wondering what the effect would be if I also changed the special ability from "schiltrom" to "phalanx". Would they then act as proper pikemen, or would it unbalance in the game?

I've also noticed that, on my dodgy-spec machine, battlefield lag can increase significantly if I have more than two of LAca's units in an army!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony83 View Post
    With regard to LAca's Byzantine Heavy Spearmen, I've noticed that you've given them the long_pike attribute in the EDU. I was wondering what the effect would be if I also changed the special ability from "schiltrom" to "phalanx". Would they then act as proper pikemen, or would it unbalance in the game?

I've also noticed that, on my dodgy-spec machine, battlefield lag can increase significantly if I have more than two of LAca's units in an army!
    I actually considered giving them phalanx to make them a proper pike unit, but in a few last-minute tests I ran, they didn't seem to perform that well. In fact, it was weird. Cavalry would run up and charge and stop just in front of the pikes. Not taking a single casualty. And then there would be a stand-off with the ponies just standing there in front of the pike formation. Kinda nuts.

I've always kind of envisioned them as more of an anti-cav unit than an anti-infantry unit, so I decided to leave them as is.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Socal_infidel View Post
    I actually considered giving them phalanx to make them a proper pike unit, but in a few last-minute tests I ran, they didn't seem to perform that well. In fact, it was weird. Cavalry would run up and charge and stop just in front of the pikes. Not taking a single casualty. And then there would be a stand-off with the ponies just standing there in front of the pike formation. Kinda nuts.

I've always kind of envisioned them as more of an anti-cav unit than an anti-infantry unit, so I decided to leave them as is.

Lol - it's funny you should say that but I've noticed that happening on occasion to the ERE Kontaratoi pikemen in BC, but more at the pike tips. However, their animation looks to have a longer pike than LAca's so maybe that has something to do with it.

Thinking on it, horses are sensible creatures and would be loath to run into a sharp hedge of pike tips so maybe it's not that unrealistic after all.

I don't know that they are effective anti-cavalry troops, as they stand, because they seem to default to using their swords once melee has started, which would lose them their anti-cavalry bonus. I've tried making them attack but the animation doesn't appear to change back to using the spears, which I thought it was supposed to.

I'll try giving them the phalanx ability and let you know how I get on.

Why, out of curiosity, did you make the victory conditions such that Byzantium starts the short campaign having already won?
    La Garde recule.

Quote Originally Posted by Pope_Fred_I View Post
    Why, out of curiosity, did you make the victory conditions such that Byzantium starts the short campaign having already won?
    Hmm:hmmm: Cause I don't want people enjoying a Byzantine short campaign?

Because it was a bug obviously...and one that has been corrected. See here

Oh yeah, a mod consisting of 5000 files and done 95% by one person in his own spare time for no compensation is expected to be perfect...

Honestly, why ask such a question?

Page 1 of 24 1234567891011 ... LastLast