Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: PRO DEO ET REGE 1.0 BUG REPORTS

Default Re: PRO DEO ET REGE 1.0 BUG REPORTS

Quote Originally Posted by Socal_infidel View Post
    If you're using STEAM, try this:

-Open steam to the "My Games" area.
    -Right click on Medieval 2: Total War and click "Properties". Click on launch options.
    -Paste this in there - @mods\PDER_1.0\PDER_1.0.cfg (Don't include the dash)
    -Next time you launch the game from STEAM it will run whatever mod you have it set to launch.
    -If you want to play vanilla, remove whatever launch options you put there.
    -The M2:TW directory is here:
    C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\medieval ii total war

Lemme know if that works for you, a'ight?
    I mean I am using copy with crack do I need to apply same way now?

Socal_infidel's Avatar PDER Piper

Quote Originally Posted by AmiR TimuR View Post
    I mean I am using copy with crack do I need to apply same way now?
    The mod won't work if you're using a crack

Ok for those of you who get Unspecified error at startup and are running vista.
    Following this step from the link posted fixed it for me:

1.) Right-click on your SEGA folder, and click on "properties". In the this window, click on the "security" tab. You will see an "edit" button with the windows shield on it. Click on that and allow the administrator and other users listed there to alter files by ticking the first box that you see in the panel below the users. Press "apply" and "OK".

Quote Originally Posted by ImKyleJames View Post
    So, about that HRE bug, I kinda want to be The HRE so is there a quickfix or maybe tell me exactly where it is I need to change it.

Also, that map screenie up above, I've seen that before like on battles where all the aztecs were chrome and the roads look all white. Most people dont get that problem so it might just be a compatibility issue. Dunno, i'll let u know when I try it when i get home =)
    It only applies to the recruitment of late-era bodyguards for factions.

It can be changed by doing a find and replace of:

Code:
    and event_counter FULL_PLATE 1
    with

Code:
    and event_counter FULL_PLATE_ARMOR 1
    in the export_descr_buildings.txt

Quote Originally Posted by fuglefot View Post
    Ok for those of you who get Unspecified error at startup and are running vista.
    Following this step from the link posted fixed it for me:

1.) Right-click on your SEGA folder, and click on "properties". In the this window, click on the "security" tab. You will see an "edit" button with the windows shield on it. Click on that and allow the administrator and other users listed there to alter files by ticking the first box that you see in the panel below the users. Press "apply" and "OK".
    Thanks for posting that, mate. Sorry I could only provide the link without sifting throughout it for everybody. Had to go to stupid work meeting...

But I'm back!

Hey socal!

I have fixed most of the major bugs.

Anyway, I should have specified that mispelling was not a major bug(i dont really care about it I just wanted to point it out).

However, Aragon's family's surname doesnt appear in the campaign even though it was in the strat file.

Also, maybe if I have time later ill try to load a new custom battle and see if it takes awhile.

Good job on the mod! Its excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Icefrisco View Post
    Hey socal!

I have fixed most of the major bugs.

Anyway, I should have specified that mispelling was not a major bug(i dont really care about it I just wanted to point it out).

However, Aragon's family's surname doesnt appear in the campaign even though it was in the strat file.

Also, maybe if I have time later ill try to load a new custom battle and see if it takes awhile.

Good job on the mod! Its excellent.
    I think the problem is that if a character is a King or Prince his last name isn't displayed. But if he has kids, they will have the surname until they become King or Prince....

But I haven't played an actual game in so long....

But once things die down here, I'm doing a Georgian AAR!

Quote Originally Posted by Venta Icenor Um View Post
    Packs folder and preferences folders are both empty, is that supposed to be?
    This shouldn't pose a problem by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchpower View Post
    Btw it opens kingdoms.exe with me, should it not open medieval2.exe?

Ill make a screenie soon.

Edit: I just changed the boot sequence from kingdoms.exe to medieval2.exe and then i got the same "medieval 2 will now quit" error as the guys above. Maybe something helpful?
    PDER uses the Kingdoms.exe so that shouldn't be a problem...

Marku's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: PRO DEO ET REGE 1.0 RELEASED: DOWNLOAD HERE!

i got no sound either and the campaign wont start

"It's not always possible to do what we want to do, but it's important to believe in something before you actually do it"

Father Jack's Avatar expletive intended

Hi nice to see another great mod released . However I have a few problems.

There is no sound what so ever - I have copied and pasted the sounds from the vanilla data\sound file (apart from the events files) and it has made no difference.

When I entered a battle with the Novgorods i got a CTD and an 'Unspecified error'

(wow it will be so bad if there was such a noobish answer to these problems - i have played mods for yrs )

@Marku - delete the map.rwm in the PDER data\world\maps\base folder, it worked for me - you may also need to wait a while for the map to load for the 1st time
    Last edited by Father Jack; February 13, 2008 at 03:45 PM.
    Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.

Senator
    In the icey lands of Norway... which aren't actually icey... more like rainy.

Could you explain a bit more?

Because I use a crack and all other mods that I have tried work fine with one. :hmmm:

btw I salute you for your great work, even though I can't experience it

Quote Originally Posted by Marku View Post
    i got no sound either and the campaign wont start
    What do you mean by the campaign won't start? Are you referring to a 'freeze-up' upon starting a campaign...where the cursor just hangs there?

Quote Originally Posted by Mackios View Post
    Hi nice to see another great mod released . However I have a few problems.

There is no sound what so ever - I have copied and pasted the sounds from the vanilla data\sound file (apart from the events files) and it has made no difference.

When I entered a battle with the Novgorods i got a CTD and an 'Unspecified error'

(wow it will be so bad if there was such a noobish answer to these problems - i have played mods for yrs )

@Marku - delete the map.rwm in the PDER data\world\maps\base folder, it worked for me
    Sounds are being worked on at the moment. Or will be shortly.

In ze meantime, perhaps you could try download these files (ENGLISH-Language only otherwise you'll get CTD's if you click on certain agents)

http://files.filefront.com/soundsrar.../fileinfo.html

These are the sound files in my version of the mod which is the version I uploaded last night to FF....

Also if you can remember the units/details of your Novgorodian battle I'd appreciate it...

Also if you still have the error log for that battle. usually the last few lines will show you the texture/model the game is trying to load up before it conks out....

Quote Originally Posted by hekk View Post
    Could you explain a bit more?

Because I use a crack and all other mods that I have tried work fine with one. :hmmm:

btw I salute you for your great work, even though I can't experience it
    Hmm...I thought it was the case that cracks might not work with mods. Dunno as I've never used them before.

M2TW is the first game I've played since AOEII...law school kept me from gaming for awhile...

loet66's Avatar Senator

Hi,

I can confirm that no-cd patch (called "crack") works fine with all mods.

Unfortunately, I'm using vista and I can't resolve this ctd after the first loading screen

Maybe someone could it ?

Here are my modified files :
    Last edited by loet66; January 02, 2009 at 03:01 PM.

aronnov's Avatar Tiro

*EDIT!!!!!* N/M. I BOOTED IT UP AGAIN AND IT WORKS FINE.. I DID NOTHING DIFFERENT.. *SHRUGS*

1] What language versions are you playing?English
    2] Are you using VISTA (not for you Hekk)?No
    4] The crash is occuring after the Splash Screen? The first loading screen?at the splash screen since adding. since adding
    [game]
    allusers=1

but before i added that i couldn't even get to the splash screen.

5] Please either post your system logs somewhere? Or paste the last few lines here?15:39:32.593 [game.script.trigger] [info] 001 triggers tested by event CardinalRemoved
    15:39:32.593 [game.script.trigger] [info] 007 triggers tested by event BattleAiCommenced
    15:39:32.593 [game.script.trigger] [info] 000 triggers tested by event CityRiots
    15:39:32.593 [game.script.trigger] [info] 010 triggers tested by event AssassinationMission
    15:39:32.593 [game.script.trigger] [info] 036 triggers tested by event CharacterSelected
    15:39:32.593 [game.script.trigger] [info] 041 triggers tested by event GeneralPrisonersRansomedCaptor
    15:39:32.593 [game.script.trigger] [info] 001 triggers tested by event CharacterDamagedByDisaster
    15:39:32.593 [game.script.trigger] [info] 002 triggers tested by event GiveSettlement
    15:39:32.593 [game.script.trigger] [info] 002 triggers tested by event GovernorCityRebels
    15:39:32.593 [game.script.trigger] [info] 000 triggers tested by event BattleEnemyArmyHalfDestroyed
    15:39:32.593 [game.script.trigger] [info] 000 triggers tested by event Disaster
    15:39:32.593 [game.script.trigger] [info] 002 triggers tested by event RefuseBribe
    15:39:32.593 [game.script.trigger] [info] 000 triggers tested by event CitySacked
    15:39:32.593 [game.script.trigger] [info] 000 triggers tested by event DiplomaticStandingPanelOpen
    15:39:32.593 [game.script.trigger] [info] 001 triggers tested by event CharacterNearHeretic
    15:39:32.593 [game.script.trigger] [info] 000 triggers tested by event CrusadeCalled
    15:39:32.593 [game.script.trigger] [info] 000 triggers tested by event AddedToBuildingQueue
    15:39:32.593 [game.script.trigger] [info] 011 triggers tested by event GeneralTakesCrusadeTarget
    15:39:32.593 [game.script.trigger] [info] 097 triggers tested by event AgentCreated
    15:39:32.593 [game.script.trigger] [info] 338 triggers tested by event RequestTrainingAdvice
    15:39:32.593 [game.script.trigger] [info] 000 triggers tested by event BattleArmyTired
    15:39:32.593 [game.script.trigger] [info] 000 triggers tested by event CapturedCharacterReleased
    15:39:32.593 [game.script.trigger] [info] 040 triggers tested by event Transgression
    15:39:32.593 [game.script.trigger] [info] 000 triggers tested by event SufferMarriageAttempt
    15:39:32.593 [game.script.trigger] [info] 002 triggers tested by event HireMercenaries
    15:39:32.593 [game.script.trigger] [info] 002 triggers tested by event GeneralPrisonersRansomedCaptive
    15:39:32.593 [game.script.trigger] [info] 000 triggers tested by event BattleWinningPlaza
    15:39:32.593 [game.script.trigger] [info] 001 triggers tested by event PreBattleScrollAdviceRequested
    15:39:32.593 [game.script.trigger] [info] 001 triggers tested by event MultiTurnMove
    15:39:32.593 [game.script.trigger] [info] 000 triggers tested by event MessageClosed
    15:39:32.593 [game.script.trigger] [info] 004 triggers tested by event BrotherAdopted
    15:39:32.593 [game.script.trigger] [info] 001 triggers tested by event Demeanour
    15:39:32.593 [game.script.trigger] [info] 003 triggers tested by event AcquisitionMission
    15:39:32.593 [game.script.trigger] [info] 000 triggers tested by event ObjSeen
    15:39:32.593 [game.script.trigger] [info] 011 triggers tested by event IncomingMessage
    15:39:32.593 [game.script.trigger] [info] 000 triggers tested by event EventCounter
    15:39:32.593 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/PDER_1.0/preferences/player.txt
    Last edited by aronnov; February 13, 2008 at 04:36 PM.
    Honor ... means that a man is not exceptional; fame, that he is. Fame is something which must be won; honor, only something which must not be lost. ~ Schopenhauer

this mod looks nice. but i couldnt play. it quits game at first loading screen with this message:

"Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and now will now exit."

All my other mods are OK. I see this error only at PDER.

After that I reinstalled game and I installed PDER over a clean installation of M2TW. But i see this error still.

What should I do? I really want this mod. Please help.

Father Jack's Avatar expletive intended

You sure you have it on Kingdoms?
    Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.

pity... I wished to play your mod...