Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 102526272829303132333435

Thread: PRO DEO ET REGE 1.0 BUG REPORTS

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: PRO DEO ET REGE 1.0 BUG REPORTS

I think this kind of thing will always happen if you don't do a complete conversion but build on the vanilla files. The mod is more or less dormant and I don't think updates make any sense, but feel free to post your modified files for others to try out.

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

I encounter a CTD when I try to end my first turn as the Fatimids. This is the information from the log text file. Oddly enough, this error doesn't occur on a campaign started as another faction such as the Byzantines.

15:59:30.431 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    15:59:30.431 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    15:59:30.436 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    15:59:30.436 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    15:59:30.437 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    15:59:30.439 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    15:59:30.440 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    15:59:30.440 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    15:59:38.122 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/PDER_1.0/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 1714, column 11
    Could'n find level name description string for trait(HaleAndHearty) level(Sickasadog).
    15:59:38.122 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/PDER_1.0/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 1715, column 21
    Could'n find description string for trait(HaleAndHearty) level(Sickasadog_desc).
    15:59:38.122 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/PDER_1.0/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 1716, column 28
    Could'n find effect description string for trait(HaleAndHearty) level(Sickasadog_effects_desc).
    15:59:38.133 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/PDER_1.0/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 13968, column 48
    trigger not found
    16:00:53.808 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.
    Last edited by Turkeys!; July 18, 2013 at 03:08 PM.
    Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    I think this kind of thing will always happen if you don't do a complete conversion but build on the vanilla files. The mod is more or less dormant and I don't think updates make any sense, but feel free to post your modified files for others to try out.
    Sure. It's an older mod and I can see why you don't wish to bother with it.

Because it is extremely well made, it is an excellent mod to study and figure out modding. There are so many excellent features like the special events and AoR that it makes the mod quite enjoyable to play. You also get to see Armenia or Georgia which is a plus.

I made some major changes. I'll upload a submod which deals with the issues I mentioned once I get the levels of nobility absolutely working. I also am making a special garrison script. When attacked the settlement fills with peasants and peasant archers as that just makes sense for they would be fighting to the last man to defend the settlement. Just outside the settlement spawns some units too as if they came from the countryside. Of course a player could attack the unit outside and pick them off. If they don't then the player could end up fighting about 30 units as the units from the countryside will make a beeline for the safety of walls or attack the player.

Level 3 settlements have ballista firing from all towers. Level four have ballista firing from arrow towers and trebuchet firing from the ballista towers. That really helps the AI when they finally get the settlement to that level. That takes a while and mostly on the major players.

There's way more nobility as many cavalry are generals. They can marry noblewomen and get positives and negatives from the marriage too.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Turkeys! View Post
    I encounter a CTD when I try to end my first turn as the Fatimids. This is the information from the log text file. Oddly enough, this error doesn't occur on a campaign started as another faction such as the Byzantines.
    Can you please change your log entry from error to trace in the CFG file? It opens with Notepad. Then replicate the error. You will no whave to compress and upload\attahc the log as it will be quite large, bu tit should indicate at what point the errro occured. Maybe it's a faction specific event.

@Rubicon

You are always welcome to open a thread with your submod. Create a typed prefix in the title line for easy identification, eg [submod] Rubicon's fixes