Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: PRO DEO ET REGE 1.0 BUG REPORTS

Civis

Default Re: PRO DEO ET REGE 1.0 BUG REPORTS

I looked into all my folders and that file doesn't exist anywhere, I found it in my unpacked MTW2 on my other HD and copied it over and the game loaded a little further but then came up with an 10:07:26.984 [data.invalid] [error] DATABASE_TABLE error found : error reading record from file mods/PDER_1.0/data/export_descr_unit.txt. I'm reinstalling PDER now on a fresh game. I didn't even do any editing. lol It's really odd. With reinstall I can see the ProdeoetRege screen then it comes up with an error. I think MTW@ is doing a trace and is loading up the regular MTW files.

10:12:04.031 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/PDER_1.0/data/ui/resources/resource_trade_goods.tga
    10:12:04.031 [system.io] [info] exists: found data/ui/resources/resource_trade_goods.tga (from: C:\Program files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    10:12:04.031 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/PDER_1.0/data/descr_strat_sundries.txt
    10:12:04.031 [system.io] [trace] file open,,0D089F28,,not found
    10:12:04.031 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_0.pack,data/descr_strat_sundries.txt,1805
    10:12:04.031 [system.io] [info] open: found data/descr_strat_sundries.txt (from: packs/data_0.pack)
    10:12:04.046 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/descr_strat_sundries.txt,,,-1805
    10:12:04.046 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/PDER_1.0/data/descr_names_lookup.txt (from: C:\Program files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    10:12:04.046 [system.io] [trace] file open,,0D110828,771548
    10:12:04.046 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/PDER_1.0/data/text/names.txt.strings.bin (from: C:\Program files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    10:12:04.156 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/PDER_1.0/data/descr_names.txt (from: C:\Program files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    10:12:04.156 [system.io] [trace] file open,,0D0E5B28,134767
    10:12:04.156 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/PDER_1.0/data/descr_names.txt (from: C:\Program files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    10:12:05.125 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

I have to go to work now. Will try to figure it out later, but this is coming from a clean install. without unpacked data files. I have no clue what's going on with it either.
    Last edited by Antiac; February 13, 2008 at 09:17 AM.

Socal_infidel's Avatar PDER Piper

Default Re: PRO DEO ET REGE 1.0 RELEASED: DOWNLOAD HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by Santelia View Post
    No prob for time, Socal, I understand processing charge due to map dimensions.

But, what about the other point, mate?
    I'm sorry, I missed the other point. Trying to head out the door to work and my dogs are going nuts right now

Default Re: PRO DEO ET REGE 1.0 RELEASED

This is the point, mate:
    I have an italian version of M2TW and Kingdoms, so I browsed to make installation point to "C:\Programmi\SEGA\Medieval II Total War", and so it created the folder "C:\Programmi\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\PDER_1.0".
    When I launch the desktop shortcut, it's a bit too slow but anyway it starts with PDER and brings me to the main menu. Nothing wrong going to custom-battle screen either to campaign screen, but in both cases when I'm there, after having finished selecting as needed, when I click on "start", the cursor starts to spin and the program remains there for as long as you can wait before finally ctrl_alt_canceling and see that task manager says that Kingdoms doesn't answer.
    No way: many times again, same result.
    I'm sure there's something to do about path, or files, or somewhat else!
    What do you suggest?
    Anything related to italian path?
    Any file to be copied? Perhaps sounds?
    Thanks for your help, mate...
    Help me, please...

Senator
    In the icey lands of Norway... which aren't actually icey... more like rainy.

I try to start it up, but then it shuts itself down and "Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit." appears.

Default Re: PRO DEO ET REGE 1.0 RELEASED

This is the point, mate:

Help me, please...
    If it's taking awhile you just need to be patient. It might take awhile depending on your processing power for the campaign map to generate. Mine takes 8-10 minutes. It might take longer for some.

Here's a link to my own personal map.rwm file. MAP.RWM link

Drop it in the PDER_1.0\data\world\maps\base folder

If that doesn't work, try checking with VirusITA, I know he has an Italian-language version of the game, too

lol i have the same problem here, i've tried unpacking files, reinstalling everything, even downloaded the mod for a second time....
    Nico

Venta Icenor Um's Avatar Civis

Same here, bur not only that, my other Kingdoms mods have a problem as well, where there is no UI and a big green box appears underneath each city name on the campaign map. I had this problem before with DLV, and the only way i took care of it last time was by reinstalling the whole thing
    Those who live by the sword, Play Total War

Venta Icenor Um's Avatar Civis

I'm going to try something different, if it doesn't work, i'll uninstall the whole thing, i'm going to uninstall all my Kingdoms mods, put in my disc two of kingdoms and reinstall them, then unpack them all again, then install my mods again. Phew. I'll let you all know how it goes
    Those who live by the sword, Play Total War

VISTA USERS/CRASH UPON LOADING PDER

If you're using VISTA or otherwise experiencing crashing upon loading PDER, try opening up the PDER_1.0.cfg file located in your mods/PDER_1.0 directory and add the following line to the file:
    Code:
    [game]
    allusers=1

Quote Originally Posted by Venta Icenor Um View Post
    Same here, bur not only that, my other Kingdoms mods have a problem as well, where there is no UI and a big green box appears underneath each city name on the campaign map. I had this problem before with DLV, and the only way i took care of it last time was by reinstalling the whole thing
    By the by, this is caused by not having .SD files in the MAIN M2TW data/ui folder but having .SD files in a Kingdoms mod folder.

But the installer should drop those .SD files into the main M2TW file for you to avoid this...

Only bug ive found so far is that thier is no sound what so ever,downloded the files from the quickfix only sound i heard was Byzantines winning the game (was a Seljuk short campaign)

Quote Originally Posted by Osskssa View Post
    Only bug ive found so far is that thier is no sound what so ever,downloded the files from the quickfix only sound i heard was Byzantines winning the game (was a Seljuk short campaign)
    Try copying the vanilla sound files into your PDER data/sounds directory. And then copy over the events sound files from the quickfix

pajomife's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Socal_infidel View Post
    VISTA USERS/CRASH UPON LOADING PDER

If you're using VISTA or otherwise experiencing crashing upon loading PDER, try opening up the PDER_1.0.cfg file located in your mods/PDER_1.0 directory and add the following line to the file:
    Code:
    [game]
    allusers=1
    Suppose be like that?

[features]
    mod = mods/PDER_1.0

[io]
    file_first = true

[log]
    to = logs/PDER.system.log.txt
    level = * trace

[video]
    windowed = false
    movies = false

[multiplayer]
    playable = true
    [hotseat]
    autoresolve_battles = 0
    disable_console = 0
    disable_papal_elections = 0
    save_prefs = 0
    update_ai_camera = 0
    validate_diplomacy = 1

[misc]
    show_hud_date = true

[game]
    allusers=1

@pajomife@iol.pt

That looks right

pajomife's Avatar Protector Domesticus

funny,the first time works ,now i exit and cant start again still have "Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit."

Quote Originally Posted by pajomife@iol.pt View Post
    funny,the first time works ,now i exit and cant start again still have "Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit."
    So you're saying you added that line, it worked. Then you exited the game and tried again and it didn't work?

If that's the case, check to see if that line is still there. And maybe make the .cfg file read-only...

I just tried to start a Georgia campaign, hit "end turn", and got the unspecified error.
    La Garde recule.

Quote Originally Posted by Pope_Fred_I View Post
    I just tried to start a Georgia campaign, hit "end turn", and got the unspecified error.
    Try again. And if you can post the last few lines of the system log

There are some major bugs to report:

1) Each campaign takes at least 5 minutes to load.(it didnt take that long on other mods with bigmap)

2) The game literally makes no noise even with the volume at its highest.

3) Spelling mistakes such as the trait "Aragon blood" instead of "Aragonese blood".

4) Some royal families do not have surnames.

5) Custom battles which shouldnt take awhile to load take a few minutes

Default Re: PRO DEO ET REGE 1.0 RELEASED: DOWNLOAD HERE!

i installed but after first loading screen, the game closes itself automatically....