Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: PRO DEO ET REGE 1.0 BUG REPORTS

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: PRO DEO ET REGE 1.0 BUG REPORTS

The "Princess" and "Faction Leader" events have been appearing and their frequency has appeared normal to me. Cheers mate, I'll delete those lines and carry on carving up the poor old Turks with my Armenian allies (can't let them get too big before I turn on them too!)

As for my "distant" allies it all depends on who attacks who first, as it's my policy never to support the aggressor, unless we share a border. By the time either is within striking distance my Pax Romana juggernaut will have so much impetus that they'll probably roll over and give up.

This 1.0a campaign is so much more challenging than 0.1a. Money is a lot tighter, armies take longer to recruit, and I'm having to work a lot harder coordinating everything - bloody excellent!

P.S. Love those little trading galleons and traders wandering along my roads. They're so cute.

Socal_infidel's Avatar PDER Piper

Quote Originally Posted by Tony83 View Post
    The "Princess" and "Faction Leader" events have been appearing and their frequency has appeared normal to me. Cheers mate, I'll delete those lines and carry on carving up the poor old Turks with my Armenian allies (can't let them get too big before I turn on them too!)

As for my "distant" allies it all depends on who attacks who first, as it's my policy never to support the aggressor, unless we share a border. By the time either is within striking distance my Pax Romana juggernaut will have so much impetus that they'll probably roll over and give up.

This 1.0a campaign is so much more challenging than 0.1a. Money is a lot tighter, armies take longer to recruit, and I'm having to work a lot harder coordinating everything - bloody excellent!

P.S. Love those little trading galleons and traders wandering along my roads. They're so cute.
    Thanks. Strangest thing. I don't seem to be experiencing any events...:hmmm:

Another headache to deal with....

EDIT - apparently, I am a complete idiot. Never knew this line was in the main medieval .cfg file

Code:
    disable_events = 1
    Hence why I saw no events. I'm still going to look into the source of Tony's CTD. I suspect it's related to venice and milanese princess or lack thereof.

EDIT - it's actually more likely caused by a Princess with no name...so please if you see a character wandering around with no name, report it!
    Last edited by Socal_infidel; February 17, 2008 at 06:28 PM.

Indefinitely Banned

Deleting those lines worked a treat.

Hehe - the Scots did declare war against England on the next turn so I decided not to back them. It'll give me far more pleasure to wipe England out later on, but that's probably because I'm Welsh - lol.

I got Turkey down to one province, Annatalia, and decided to offer them the chance to become vassals, so I marched my army and a diplomat down there and they accepted! First time I've ever had a vassal so it's going to be interesting to see what happens next.

I'm now at peace with the world so it's time to rebuild and reorganise until the next back-stabber comes along. I do so enjoy being Caesar!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony83 View Post
    Deleting those lines worked a treat.

Hehe - the Scots did declare war against England on the next turn so I decided not to back them. It'll give me far more pleasure to wipe England out later on, but that's probably because I'm Welsh - lol.

I got Turkey down to one province, Annatalia, and decided to offer them the chance to become vassals, so I marched my army and a diplomat down there and they accepted! First time I've ever had a vassal so it's going to be interesting to see what happens next.

I'm now at peace with the world so it's time to rebuild and reorganise until the next back-stabber comes along. I do so enjoy being Caesar!

Let me know how it goes. It occured to me that when crashes happen on traits triggers with no error message, it's likely to be a character out there with a bad name. So the trigger fires on no-name, and this leads to crashes.

So heads up!

And yes, I did indeed see the future! Off to buy a lottery ticket!

hi all, playing as georgia I built 8 ladders to capture the stone walled settlemente near it (ani i think) but the ladders were much taller than the wall, my soldiers stood in the air and were easily shot down by archers (i would post pics but i dont know how too) anyways has anyone else encountered this bug? is there a way to reduce the size of the ladders?

cheers
    nico
    Nico

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    hi all, playing as georgia I built 8 ladders to capture the stone walled settlemente near it (ani i think) but the ladders were much taller than the wall, my soldiers stood in the air and were easily shot down by archers (i would post pics but i dont know how too) anyways has anyone else encountered this bug? is there a way to reduce the size of the ladders?

cheers
    nico
    That sounds odd as all heck. Post a screen if you can. Otherwise, I'll try to check out Ani and see what's up.

i just checked playing a custom battle and the same bug occurs, only againts stone walls (settlement city size), woden walls are ok.

cheers
    nick

PD: sry i dont know how to post pics but if you have time available play a custom battle a see for yourself.
    Nico

Quote Originally Posted by gigantus View Post
    The standard speed up for the campaign map movement is the space bar.
    Or add this line in your cfg file in the [game] section:
    campaign_map_speed_up = 1
    You didn't understand, Gigantus. Of course I use the space bar to speed up! Never made a campaign with normal speed. The matter is another: after I make a click, let's say to send an army to a certain place, many seconds pass before the army makes anything (at least 10 seconds). The same for any kind of action that requires a movement, like for example merge two armies into a larger one. Always.
    This is not normal.
    Any idea on what's the point, and how to solve?

Quote Originally Posted by Santelia View Post
    You didn't understand, Gigantus. Of course I use the space bar to speed up! Never made a campaign with normal speed. The matter is another: after I make a click, let's say to send an army to a certain place, many seconds pass before the army makes anything (at least 10 seconds). The same for any kind of action that requires a movement, like for example merge two armies into a larger one. Always.
    This is not normal.
    Any idea on what's the point, and how to solve?
    Hmm...is anyone else experiencing this? to be honest, I started a georgian campaign (that I've since abandoned because I realized I somehow disabled events in the medieval .cfg file) and didn't notice this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    i just checked playing a custom battle and the same bug occurs, only againts stone walls (settlement city size), woden walls are ok.

cheers
    nick

PD: sry i dont know how to post pics but if you have time available play a custom battle a see for yourself.
    It's not a bug, Nico.
    It is normal. Absolutely normal. And absolutely right.
    Such normal that in campaign, when you siege a wooden palizade settlement, ther's no choice to use siege towers. Only rams.
    In custom battles, you'd better remember that palizade are 3 metres tall, while siege towers are 10 metres tall (at least).
    So, if you don't want your soldiers make birdwatching, better leave siege tower at home when in front of you there's a simple poor palizade. Take a ram, instead. Remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Socal_infidel View Post
    Hmm...is anyone else experiencing this? to be honest, I started a georgian campaign (that I've since abandoned because I realized I somehow disabled events in the medieval .cfg file) and didn't notice this.
    My PC is a PIV 3,2GHz, 3 GB RAM, ATI RADEON 1950PRO 512MB. All ther rest is ok. Only that problem. Also the campaign map scrolling is a bit slow, but maybe it depends on the larger weight of the larger map files.
    Don't know, indeed, how to justify the delay in responding to mouse click orders on campaign map. Any idea?

AbeS17's Avatar Foederatus

Hi Guys. Can you tell me what is going on with "sound problem"?
    I've been trying to copy that files from that thread with Sound Problem but it doesn't worked at all. Did anyone resolve this problem? I've been trying to use "sound" folder from vanilla but it didn't worked too. By the way i think that you overact the costs of buildings

Hi, I was originally experiencing a lot of CTDs but since I added that thing into my cfg file I've had no problem with the normal loading screens but when I try to enter this one battle it always CTDs with an 'unspecified error'.
    I'm playing as the Byzantines and have vista btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Basil View Post
    Hi, I was originally experiencing a lot of CTDs but since I added that thing into my cfg file I've had no problem with the normal loading screens but when I try to enter this one battle it always CTDs with an 'unspecified error'.
    I'm playing as the Byzantines and have vista btw.
    If you could provide some further info re: the particular battle that you are experiencing CTDs with, I'll look into it. Thanks, mate!

billydilly's Avatar Senator

Hi,
    I'm still enjoying my Sicily campaign and haven't installed the patch, but I want to be able to use the Dismounted Knights of Outremer, so how do I fix the fact that they are in loose formation, can I fix it in the EDU? Without messing up my excellent campaign.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700. GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor 8G. RAM: Corsair Vengance, 16Gb HD: Kingston SSD 240Gb (System), Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500Gb (Steam), Western Digital 500Gb. PSU: Corsair CX600W

Quote Originally Posted by billydilly View Post
    Hi,
    I'm still enjoying my Sicily campaign and haven't installed the patch, but I want to be able to use the Dismounted Knights of Outremer, so how do I fix the fact that they are in loose formation, can I fix it in the EDU? Without messing up my excellent campaign.
    At work right now, so don't have the exact fix in front of me. But yes,, it's in the EDU. If you look for the formation line for that unit, you'll see I inadvertently have it set up as cavalry. Just look for the formation for Dismounted Feudal Knights and copy it.

Not sure if it's save-game compatibile.

It's in a battle against Serbian Rebels. I'm besieging Ras and when it's the turn of the Lesser Factions they move an army to lift the siege. Do you need any other information like numbers or troops involved? Can't remember from the top of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Basil View Post
    It's in a battle against Serbian Rebels. I'm besieging Ras and when it's the turn of the Lesser Factions they move an army to lift the siege. Do you need any other information like numbers or troops involved? Can't remember from the top of my head.
    From your name, I'm guessing you're the Byzantines, eh?

If so, what units are in your army? I can figure out the Serbs army.

Either, way I'll look into it.

EDIT - I'm pretty sure it's the Balkan Archers unit that's the source of the CTD. At work right now, will test tonight when I get home.
    Last edited by Socal_infidel; February 19, 2008 at 02:26 PM.

aarronpeake's Avatar Civis

hi,

mod looks amazing, my one problem there is no sound, no music, no unit sounds nothing, i have done the fix on the known bugs page which did nothing...

any ides would be appricated.

ap

Quote Originally Posted by aarronpeake View Post
    hi,

mod looks amazing, my one problem there is no sound, no music, no unit sounds nothing, i have done the fix on the known bugs page which did nothing...

any ides would be appricated.

ap
    Try this, aarronpeake:

Download these files.

Place the files in the data folder into your MAIN Medieval II Total War directory. Then delete any sounds files (.idx and .dat files) in your PDER data\sounds folder.

Then start up a new campaign. The sound files should generate automatically.

Let me know how it goes.