Page 1 of 35 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: PRO DEO ET REGE 1.0 BUG REPORTS

Socal_infidel's Avatar PDER Piper

Default PRO DEO ET REGE 1.0 BUG REPORTS

PRO DET ET REGE BUG REPORTING

Please reports all bugs relating to PDER 1.0 here.

CRASH TO DESKTOP: CAMPAIGN

• BRIEFLY DESCRIBE THE ISSUE:
    • FACTION PLAYED:
    • FACTION CAUSING THE CRASH:
    • DATE OF CTD:
    • WHEN DID CRASH OCCUR? [E.G. END-TURN, CLICKING ON AGENT, ETC]:
    • REPEATABLE. ABLE TO PLAY PAST CTD AFTER RELOADING?:
    CRASH TO DESKTOP: BATTLE

• FACTION PLAYED:
    • OPPONENT:
    • ARMY COMPOSITION [I.E. UNITS IN ARMY]:
    • LOCATION [E.G. SIEGE OF CONSTANTINOPLE, BATTLE IN THE ALPS]:

GAMEPLAY BUGS:

Default Re: PRO DEO ET REGE 1.0 BUG REPORTS

So every time I've tried to start a campaign so far, the little cursor just sits there and spins and spins and spins and the game never starts...it seems frozen on the menu screen...am I just not waiting long enough, or is something wrong?
    La Garde recule.

hi social, thanks for the update on the mod, unfotunately i cant even load the main menu, it ctds before this. I have no idea why. I have a clean install of mtw2 v1.3 and kingdoms, because it didnt work i tried unpacking all packs but it still doesnt work the log file doesnt say much either, the only thing i've noticed its that the pack folder in the mod is empty.

any suggestions

cheers
    nick
    Nico

VirusITA's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Pope_Fred_I View Post
    So every time I've tried to start a campaign so far, the little cursor just sits there and spins and spins and spins and the game never starts...it seems frozen on the menu screen...am I just not waiting long enough, or is something wrong?
    That's why Socal doesn't include the map.rwn (for saving space)(just 15-20MB, anyway). I personally don't agree with this choice, anyway the game IS NOT frozen: it's creating its own map.rwn and this takes from 5 to 10 minutes or more, depending to the power of your pc.

So start a new game and have a break, a drink or whatever you want Leave the pc alone on PDER and come back after 10 minutes. Once it creates its own map.rwn it won't do it once again..

billydilly's Avatar Senator

It's true, I had to wait for several minutes for the campaign to start.

But is it also supposed to take a loooooooooooooong time just to load a saved game? It takes forever.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700. GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor 8G. RAM: Corsair Vengance, 16Gb HD: Kingston SSD 240Gb (System), Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500Gb (Steam), Western Digital 500Gb. PSU: Corsair CX600W

iobor's Avatar Foederatus

Hi Socal!

There is a bug in the EDB.

recruit_pool "NE Late Bodyguard" 1 0.05 2 0 requires factions { hre, } and event_counter FULL_PLATE 1

This should be FULL_PLATE_ARMOR

iobor

If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through.

Quote Originally Posted by Pope_Fred_I View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VirusITA View Post
    That's why Socal doesn't include the map.rwn (for saving space)(just 15-20MB, anyway). I personally don't agree with this choice, anyway the game IS NOT frozen: it's creating its own map.rwn and this takes from 5 to 10 minutes or more, depending to the power of your pc.

So start a new game and have a break, a drink or whatever you want Leave the pc alone on PDER and come back after 10 minutes. Once it creates its own map.rwn it won't do it once again..
    Seriously, it takes me 8-10 minutes to generate a new map.rwm file. It's brutal. Especially so, if you just want to change the way a road goes or something minor like that. Makes editing the map very frustrating....

Quote Originally Posted by iobor View Post
    Hi Socal!

There is a bug in the EDB.

recruit_pool "NE Late Bodyguard" 1 0.05 2 0 requires factions { hre, } and event_counter FULL_PLATE 1

This should be FULL_PLATE_ARMOR

iobor
    Thanks, I've never played the HRE long enough to notice that one!

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    hi social, thanks for the update on the mod, unfotunately i cant even load the main menu, it ctds before this. I have no idea why. I have a clean install of mtw2 v1.3 and kingdoms, because it didnt work i tried unpacking all packs but it still doesnt work the log file doesnt say much either, the only thing i've noticed its that the pack folder in the mod is empty.

any suggestions

cheers
    nick
    What does your error log say? Take a look in your SEGA\Medieval II Total War\logs directory and either upload the whole file to filefront or something or paste the last few lines here.

But if you paste the last few lines, put it in code format:

Code:
    contents of log
    Makes it easier to read.

Campidoctor

I must report social that the only sound I have heard is the video for the Byzantine victory conditions being met, I am enjoying myself regardlessly, though the only sound I hear is my own computer.

Beautiful!!! With the English sound files added, everything is working fine for me, although it did take a LONG time to generate the first map.

I'm not sure these are bugs, but just in case.

Pskov (Pleskiev?) starts without a garrison. Novgorod can walk in. Maybe this is intentional given that the faction starts with only one town.

The Novgorod ruler's heir is named Svyataslav Sviatislavich. Two points. You can transliterate Svyataslav with the Y or the I, but I'd recommend consistency. And "Svyataslav Sviatislavich" would be Svyataslav son of Svyataslav, wheras the father's name is David. So it should be "Svyataslav Davidovich (or Davidowicz, or Davidovitch, or Davidivich, or....) I'd recommend Svyatslav and leave it at that.

This is a beautiful piece of work. I like the fact that despite the 1080 start you have some decent units available already.

Siculus

Quote Originally Posted by Siculus View Post
    Beautiful!!! With the English sound files added, everything is working fine for me, although it did take a LONG time to generate the first map.

I'm not sure these are bugs, but just in case.

Pskov (Pleskiev?) starts without a garrison. Novgorod can walk in. Maybe this is intentional given that the faction starts with only one town.

The Novgorod ruler's heir is named Svyataslav Sviatislavich. Two points. You can transliterate Svyataslav with the Y or the I, but I'd recommend consistency. And "Svyataslav Sviatislavich" would be Svyataslav son of Svyataslav, wheras the father's name is David. So it should be "Svyataslav Davidovich (or Davidowicz, or Davidovitch, or Davidivich, or....) I'd recommend Svyatslav and leave it at that.

This is a beautiful piece of work. I like the fact that despite the 1080 start you have some decent units available already.

Siculus
    Hmm...definitely not intentional with Pskov. In fact, I had an Ivan wandering around Hungary at game start. Deleted him not realizing he was Pskov's garrison! Forgot to change the x,y coordinates when I redid the map!

Glad to hear everything else is working for you and will look into names!

Thanks! I'll see if I can find it and fix it myself. I wanted to start a Novgorod game.

I'd also point out that the thread for the Big Map PDER update 1.1 might cause some problems. I know that it pre-dates 1.0, but someone new to this board might think that it is the first patch for your new release and install it over 1.0. I suspect that would be a disaster.

Siculus

Quote Originally Posted by Socal_infidel View Post
    What does your error log say? Take a look in your SEGA\Medieval II Total War\logs directory and either upload the whole file to filefront or something or paste the last few lines here.

But if you paste the last few lines, put it in code format:

Code:
    contents of log
    Makes it easier to read.
    Contents of log (these are the last few lines the log is huge):
    09:44:46.921 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/PDER_1.0/data/ui/resources/resource_wool.tga
    09:44:46.921 [system.io] [info] exists: found data/ui/resources/resource_wool.tga (from: packs/data_2.pack)
    09:44:46.921 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/PDER_1.0/data/ui/resources/resource_salt.tga (from: C:\Archivos de programa\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    09:44:46.921 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/PDER_1.0/data/ui/resources/resource_salt.tga (from: C:\Archivos de programa\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    09:44:46.921 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/PDER_1.0/data/ui/resources/resource_tar.tga (from: C:\Archivos de programa\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    09:44:46.921 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/PDER_1.0/data/ui/resources/resource_tar.tga (from: C:\Archivos de programa\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    09:44:46.921 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/PDER_1.0/data/ui/resources/resource_honey.tga (from: C:\Archivos de programa\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    09:44:46.937 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/PDER_1.0/data/ui/resources/resource_honey.tga (from: C:\Archivos de programa\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    09:44:46.937 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/PDER_1.0/data/ui/resources/resource_trade_goods.tga
    09:44:46.937 [system.io] [info] exists: found data/ui/resources/resource_trade_goods.tga (from: packs/data_2.pack)
    09:44:46.937 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/PDER_1.0/data/descr_strat_sundries.txt
    09:44:46.937 [system.io] [trace] file open,,0F2963A8,,not found
    09:44:46.937 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_0.pack,data/descr_strat_sundries.txt,1805
    09:44:46.937 [system.io] [info] open: found data/descr_strat_sundries.txt (from: packs/data_0.pack)
    09:44:46.937 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/descr_strat_sundries.txt,,,-1805
    09:44:46.937 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/PDER_1.0/data/descr_names_lookup.txt (from: C:\Archivos de programa\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    09:44:46.968 [system.io] [trace] file open,,0F318A58,771548
    09:44:46.968 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/PDER_1.0/data/text/names.txt.strings.bin (from: C:\Archivos de programa\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    09:44:47.015 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/PDER_1.0/data/descr_names.txt (from: C:\Archivos de programa\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    09:44:47.015 [system.io] [trace] file open,,0F2ECD78,134767
    09:44:47.015 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/PDER_1.0/data/descr_names.txt (from: C:\Archivos de programa\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    09:44:47.687 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.
    Nico

Are you running Vista by any chance?

Civis

* BRIEFLY DESCRIBE THE ISSUE: The game CTD after loading the game. No advertisement screen comes up

*Happens whenever I load PDER, every other mod that I had works fine. The lines from the log show...(Does the game need to be unpacked for the mod?)

09:52:46.140 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/PDER_1.0/data/descr_settlement_mechanics.xml (from: C:\Program files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    09:52:46.156 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/PDER_1.0/data/descr_ik_controller_db.txt
    09:52:46.156 [system.io] [trace] file open,,07706310,,not found
    09:52:46.156 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_0.pack,data/descr_ik_controller_db.txt,5351
    09:52:46.156 [system.io] [info] open: found data/descr_ik_controller_db.txt (from: packs/data_0.pack)
    09:52:46.156 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/descr_ik_controller_db.txt,,,-5351
    09:52:46.156 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/PDER_1.0/data/descr_skeleton.txt
    09:52:46.156 [system.io] [trace] file open,,08820D40,,not found
    09:52:46.156 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_0.pack,data/descr_skeleton.txt,580800
    09:52:46.156 [system.io] [info] open: found data/descr_skeleton.txt (from: packs/data_0.pack)
    09:52:46.156 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/descr_skeleton.txt,,,-580800
    09:52:46.156 [system.io] [trace] exists: 28: caching directory: mods/pder_1.0/data/animations
    09:52:46.156 [system.io] [trace] exists: 204: caching file: mods/pder_1.0/data/animations/engine (1202912988)
    09:52:46.156 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/PDER_1.0/data/animations/pack.idx
    09:52:46.156 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/PDER_1.0/data/descr_skeleton.txt
    09:52:46.156 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_0.pack,data/descr_skeleton.txt,580800
    09:52:46.156 [system.io] [info] open: found data/descr_skeleton.txt (from: packs/data_0.pack)
    09:52:46.156 [system.io] [trace] exists: 29: caching directory: mods/pder_1.0/data/animations/test_weapon
    09:52:46.156 [system.io] [info] exists: directory non-existant: mods/pder_1.0/data/animations/test_weapon
    09:52:46.156 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/PDER_1.0/data/animations/test_weapon/sword_1_primary_0.CAS
    09:52:46.156 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/animations/test_weapon/sword_1_primary_0.CAS,,not found
    09:52:46.156 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_0.pack,data/animations/test_weapon/sword_1_primary_0.CAS,,not found
    09:52:46.156 [system.io] [warning] open: data/animations/test_weapon/sword_1_primary_0.CAS is missing
    09:52:46.156 [script.err] [error] Script Error in data/descr_skeleton.txt, at line 61, column 115
    AnimDB: Could not load - 'data/animations/test_weapon/sword_1_primary_0.CAS'
    09:52:46.156 [data.invalid] [fatal] Animation database failed to load!
    09:52:47.015 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Default Re: PRO DEO ET REGE 1.0 RELEASED

Socal

finished downloading (very fast) I just installed PDER, and since I have an italian version of M2TW and Kingdoms, I browsed to make installation point to "C:\Programmi\SEGA\Medieval II Total War", and so it created the folder "C:\Programmi\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\PDER_1.0".
    When I launch the desktop shortcut, it's a bit too slow but anyway it starts with PDER and brings me to the main menu. Nothing wrong going to custom-battle screen either to campaign screen, but in both cases when I'm there, after having finished selecting as needed, when I click on "start", the cursor starts to spin and the program remains there for as long as you can wait before finally ctrl_alt_canceling and see that task manager says that Kingdoms doesn't answer.
    No way: many times again, same result.
    I'm sure there's something to do about path, or files, or somewhat else!
    What do you suggest?
    Anything related to italian path?
    Any file to be copied? Perhaps sounds?
    Thanks for your help, mate...
    Last edited by Santelia; February 13, 2008 at 09:02 AM.

Default Re: PRO DEO ET REGE 1.0 RELEASED

Quote Originally Posted by Santelia View Post
    Socal

finished downloading (very fast) I just installed PDER, and since I have an italian version of M2TW and Kingdoms, I browsed to make installation point to "C:\Programmi\SEGA\Medieval II Total War", and so it created the folder mods\PDER_1.0".
    When I launch the desktop shortcut, it's a bit too slow but anyway it starts with PDER and brings me to the main menu. Nothing wrong going to custom battle either to campaign, but in both cases, after having selected as needed, when I click on "start", the cursor starts to spin and the program remains there for as long as you can wait before finally ctrl_alt_canceling and see that task manager says that Kingdoms doesn't answer.
    No way: meny times again, same result.
    I'm sure there's something to do about path, or files, or somewhat else!
    What do you suggest?
    Anything related to italian path?
    Any file to be copied? Perhaps sounds?
    Thanks for your help, mate...
    Hey there mate. The new map is larger than previous versions and there is more data to process. So generating the data needed for the map (the map.rwm file) can take a long time.

I have Dual Core processors and it takes me easily 8-10 minutes to start up a new map. Be patient. It should generate eventually.

I usually spend that time to talk to my girlfriend. All with one eye on my computer in the next room. As soon as it loads, "It was nice talking to you darling"...

Default Re: PRO DEO ET REGE 1.0 RELEASED: DOWNLOAD HERE!

No prob for time, Socal, I understand processing charge due to map dimensions.

But, what about the other point, mate?

Quote Originally Posted by Antiac View Post
    * BRIEFLY DESCRIBE THE ISSUE: The game CTD after loading the game. No advertisement screen comes up

*Happens whenever I load PDER, every other mod that I had works fine. The lines from the log show...(Does the game need to be unpacked for the mod?)

09:52:46.140 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/PDER_1.0/data/descr_settlement_mechanics.xml (from: C:\Program files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    09:52:46.156 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/PDER_1.0/data/descr_ik_controller_db.txt
    09:52:46.156 [system.io] [trace] file open,,07706310,,not found
    09:52:46.156 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_0.pack,data/descr_ik_controller_db.txt,5351
    09:52:46.156 [system.io] [info] open: found data/descr_ik_controller_db.txt (from: packs/data_0.pack)
    09:52:46.156 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/descr_ik_controller_db.txt,,,-5351
    09:52:46.156 [system.io] [trace] exists: 28: caching directory: mods/pder_1.0/data/animations
    09:52:46.156 [system.io] [trace] exists: 204: caching file: mods/pder_1.0/data/animations/engine (1202912988)
    09:52:46.156 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/PDER_1.0/data/animations/pack.idx
    09:52:46.156 [system.io] [trace] exists: 29: caching directory: mods/pder_1.0/data/animations/test_weapon
    09:52:46.156 [system.io] [info] exists: directory non-existant: mods/pder_1.0/data/animations/test_weapon
    09:52:46.156 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/PDER_1.0/data/animations/test_weapon/sword_1_primary_0.CAS
    09:52:46.156 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/animations/test_weapon/sword_1_primary_0.CAS,,not found
    09:52:46.156 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_0.pack,data/animations/test_weapon/sword_1_primary_0.CAS,,not found
    09:52:46.156 [system.io] [warning] open: data/animations/test_weapon/sword_1_primary_0.CAS is missing
    09:52:46.156 [script.err] [error] Script Error in data/descr_skeleton.txt, at line 61, column 115
    AnimDB: Could not load - 'data/animations/test_weapon/sword_1_primary_0.CAS'
    09:52:46.156 [data.invalid] [fatal] Animation database failed to load!
    09:52:47.015 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.
    That's a bizarre one. Will look into it. But my mod doesn't add any new animations or otherwise touch the descr_skeleton.txt. Hmm:hmmm:

EDIT - no, the game doesn't need to be unpacked for my mod to run

Page 1 of 35 123456789101126 ... LastLast