Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: PRO DEO ET REGE 1.0 RELEASED: DOWNLOAD HERE!

\Vazul's Ghost/'s Avatar Senator

Default Re: PRO DEO ET REGE 1.0 RELEASED: DOWNLOAD HERE!

I have downloaded this and played it for a mere four hours now, and have to say that this is an extremely well made and impressive mod. Thankyou Socal_infidel for this excellent mod that has converted me from a long time stainless steel player to a PDER player.
    γνῶθι σεαυτόν ~ μηδὲν ἄγαν

Socal_infidel's Avatar PDER Piper

Quote Originally Posted by \Vazul's Ghost/ View Post
    I have downloaded this and played it for a mere four hours now, and have to say that this is an extremely well made and impressive mod. Thankyou Socal_infidel for this excellent mod that has converted me from a long time stainless steel player to a PDER player.
    Why thank you! And you're quite welcome. Thanks for trying it out.

But the good thing about mods is you can have both installed at the same time. That way you can try out SS6.0, which is on its way from what I hear...

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Socal_infidel View Post
    But the good thing about mods is you can have both installed at the same time. That way you can try out SS6.0, which is on its way from what I hear...
    Socal, you are a gentleman.

xeryx's Avatar Follow the White Rabbit

Sorry, accidentally posted int wrong thread
    Last edited by xeryx; February 26, 2008 at 07:36 PM.
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

I have downloaded it but cant get the sounds to work on vista :´(

Is there anything you could do?

I seem having the same trouble, but the most annoying thing is that there are sound in all videos (like when the pope ask u to go too crusade, assasins videos so on so on..) And i have Vista as well!! Argh need the sounds, any suggestions?

billydilly's Avatar Senator

@ NixN King and lareth

Have you downloaded the sound fixes? Read the thread, I believe there are some Vista users that have figured out the problems.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=148460

Also search the Bug thread for 'Vista' and 'Sound' there are some solutions there.
    Last edited by billydilly; February 28, 2008 at 09:28 AM.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700. GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor 8G. RAM: Corsair Vengance, 16Gb HD: Kingston SSD 240Gb (System), Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500Gb (Steam), Western Digital 500Gb. PSU: Corsair CX600W

Great Stuff!

Tried out you mod and it's fantastic. Been playing SS for a long time and this one is a breath of fresh air.

Quick question, is there any plans in implementing other factions such as... Lithuania, Teutonic order, Templars or Jerusalen, Ireland or any other?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by resenberg View Post
    Great Stuff!

Tried out you mod and it's fantastic. Been playing SS for a long time and this one is a breath of fresh air.

Quick question, is there any plans in implementing other factions such as... Lithuania, Teutonic order, Templars or Jerusalen, Ireland or any other?

Thanks
    Likely not, as my mod tries to represent the viable factions given a 1080 start-date.

Lithuania would seem weird without the Teutonic Order (who obviously can' be represented in 1080).

And the Templars and Jerusalem also wouldn't make historical sense given a 1080 start data.

Ireland, I think is better represented by a strong rebel presence and unique AOR units. As a faction, I'm not sure they'd work.

We do have the County of Toulouse planned, as well as the Kypchaks planned for our next release.

Kypchak thread

County of Toulouse thread

Caudillo87's Avatar Semisalis

Yeah, um I downloaded it, installed it and it came up but there was no sound for the main menu and when I tried to start a game or battle, it just frozed and it wouldn't let me do anything. Can you guys help me with this problem? Nothing happen when I played your earlier mod so I wonder what went wrong

Oh never mind, it seems that it takes awhile to load the page from what I read, But why is there no sound?

Quote Originally Posted by Caudillo87 View Post
    Oh never mind, it seems that it takes awhile to load the page from what I read, But why is there no sound?
    Check this thread for the sound fixes, mate!

Thanks for downloading my mod!

Hey thanks, it works now, appreciate it, this is a huge improvement in gameplay since .4 thanks.

hello,
    it seems to be a very good mod like the first version in mtw2. i must wait to receive my kingdom expension...

i have few question before playing:

is there a big difference between mtw2 vanilla and pder for performence of the computer. i saw in the begining of the thread that loading was very long. is it normal or wathelse.???

cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias the great View Post
    hello,
    it seems to be a very good mod like the first version in mtw2. i must wait to receive my kingdom expension...

i have few question before playing:

is there a big difference between mtw2 vanilla and pder for performence of the computer. i saw in the begining of the thread that loading was very long. is it normal or wathelse.???

cheers.
    I haven't heard of any performance issues as far as battles are concerned.

The games does take up to 10 minutes to start the first time as the map is generated. But this is a one-time only thing.

Aside from that, I have noticed slightly longer loading times for saves and battles, but that's probably because there is a great deal more content in this version than in previous versions. Especially graphics. New models, textures, factions, etc.

Thanks! Let's hope you get the Expansion soon

Quote Originally Posted by Socal_infidel View Post
    I haven't heard of any performance issues as far as battles are concerned.

The games does take up to 10 minutes to start the first time as the map is generated. But this is a one-time only thing.

Aside from that, I have noticed slightly longer loading times for saves and battles, but that's probably because there is a great deal more content in this version than in previous versions. Especially graphics. New models, textures, factions, etc.

Thanks! Let's hope you get the Expansion soon
    Heh that 'map creation' freaked me out, I run a $5000 gaming machine, waiting times don't happen, thought my comp was crashing and restarted till I came here and found a post from you that said it was creating the map from scratch. Waiting two minutes next time and it was done, hasn't done it since so it seems it's a one time deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Phan View Post
    Heh that 'map creation' freaked me out, I run a $5000 gaming machine, waiting times don't happen, thought my comp was crashing and restarted till I came here and found a post from you that said it was creating the map from scratch. Waiting two minutes next time and it was done, hasn't done it since so it seems it's a one time deal.
    Two minutes is lucky. You don't know what a pain it is to edit the map files and wait ten minutes to see if you did it right. For example, moving a port or a settlement or trying to force a road a certain route. Painful...

Juffry's Avatar Libertus

Great mod, I like how castles outside your original area actually let you recruit, unlike Broken Crescent when I tried it, and towns let you recruit more than just militias. I was just wondering if fortresses and citadels exist (I tried the add population cheat and couldn't get past a castle) is there a certain date/event that I havn't seen yet? Also where are the longbowmen etc for England? I just wanted to know because I wanted to see if factions get their advanced units or not (otherwise it doesn't really matter who I use just pick the best starting position and go).
    Last edited by Juffry; March 02, 2008 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Juffry View Post
    Great mod, I like how castles outside your original area actually have some use, unlike Broken Crescent when I tried it. I was just wondering if fortresses and citadels exist (I tried the add population cheat and couldn't get past a castle) is there a certain date/event that I havn't seen yet?
    Yeah, there should be pop-ups informing you of the event that is required to upgrade to fortresses and citadels. Forget the exact date. Sorry.

Also where are the longbowmen etc for England? I just wanted to know because I wanted to see if factions get their advanced units or not (otherwise it doesn't really matter who I use just pick the best starting position and go).
    England gets access to Longbowmen once they take a Welsh settlement. Then you'll get a Welsh Longbowmen event pop-up. Made it this way to represent how the English adapted it after encountering it in their battles with the Welsh. So the date is entirely up to the player!

CheerS!

EDIT one more thing Juffry, all units are not tied to certain eras. The eras are based in the historical development of the unit's armour. So you won't be able to recruit units armoured in full gothic armour until a certain date.

And in the case of knights, they are phased out each era. So once the heavy armour event makes feudal knights available, you lose the ability to recruit mailed knights. Once partial plate event occurs, you lose the ability to recruit feudal knights and now rely on Chivalric knights.

So if you don't see some units in the building browser, that's why!
    Last edited by Socal_infidel; March 02, 2008 at 04:38 PM.

Juffry's Avatar Libertus

Cool thanks for the info I guess I just gotta have a little patience. I didn't realize you could have a progression from armors and unit roster like that it's actually a really good idea (I thought gunpowder and the world is round is all there could be) it definately gives something to look forward to.