Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: PRO DEO ET REGE 1.0 RELEASED: DOWNLOAD HERE!

Socal_infidel's Avatar PDER Piper

Default Re: PRO DEO ET REGE 1.0 RELEASED: DOWNLOAD HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by IIyamaXP View Post
    Socal... what a job!!! I tried it and it's really really excellent...

I tried a new HRR campaign and it's really like I would like to (meaning you do not get everybody on your back at turn 3 )

Good job! (... getting back to his game ...)
    Let me know how it goes...

incidentally, I will most likely be releasing a patch/quick fix pack either tonight or tomorrow morning. I just found out I may have to work late tonight so more likely tomorrow morning...

It will fix a few things here and there...some typos...the inability to recruit Later Bodyguards (not that I've ever played that far to recruit them...you can only recruit them around 1400 or so)...and a problem with the Novgorod battle map general....

Stay tuned!

Quote Originally Posted by Socal_infidel View Post
    The Rum Turks will get access to Ottoman units around 1300 or so. Until then they basically have to rely on Horse Archers and...more horse archers. Their infantry is weak and they have no spearmen. But they have Jav Cav and fairly cheap Turcoman units (HA's, archers, ax-dudes and aforementioned jav cav).
    Ahh, cool..I thought Seljuks were representing Turks in your mod and that eventualy there would be "reform" event or something like that...loosing large pool of horsearchers but getting Jannisaries and other Ottoman units...

Anyways, great looking mod..will defenetly give it a try...
    Fighting with the Wisdom, the Bosnian Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by Gazi Husrev-Beg View Post
    Ahh, cool..I thought Seljuks were representing Turks in your mod and that eventualy there would be "reform" event or something like that...loosing large pool of horsearchers but getting Jannisaries and other Ottoman units...

Anyways, great looking mod..will defenetly give it a try...
    Seljuks are there. They're the Persian-based Turk factions. Their roster is slightly different from the Rum Turks. They get Persian units and no Ottoman units.

The recruitment pools for the Rum Turks HAs and Turcoman units do drop once they gain access to Ottoman-style units. But no real reform event yet! Something I'm definitely going to add in future versions!

IIyamaXP's Avatar Libertus

Hi... I had to give up my HRR campaign, I had to crusade twice and I ran out of money (upkeeps are amazing )

So I started an english campaign, and paid more attention to upkeeps and some other stuff... and *wow*... except that I could find some missing things (will be pointed out in the Bug reports )...

Note that I disabled AI money help to have a slow-paced campaign and it is doing quite well anyway without this help...

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

Hi... I had to give up my HRR campaign, I had to crusade twice and I ran out of money (upkeeps are amazing )
    Hehe A challenging game, isnīt it?
    Meaningful jihads and crusades, more meaningful military victories with smaller armies, and last but not least....slower, slower growth.
    This is my kind of game.

billydilly's Avatar Senator

The mod is absolutly fantastic

Playing as Sicily I sent Bohemund east to take Antioch from the rebels, the moved coincided very well with a crusade that was called shortly after. The crusade was against Cairo, so keeping Bohemund and his army in Antioch, I built another army in Palermo and joined the Crusade. I sacked Cairo and destroyed every building, the crusader army returned to Italy, after caturing Malta.
    I noticed that Venice had lost Ancona to rebellion, so I took it and moved on to take Florence.
    Then Byzantim attacked, they blockaded a couple of my ports, and I sent my diminished army to take Dyrrachium and Kerkyra, I then sued for peace which Byzantium accepted. Placing a strong garrison in Dyrrachium I headed for Tunis, also capturing Bone and Gabes.
    While the Count of Bari was capturing Dyrrachium and Kerkyra in the west Bohemund captured Cyprus in the east, he then moved on to capture Seleukia and Attalia.
    Then a new crusade was called, this time against the Seljuqs in Jerusalem, I build another crusader army and sent my prince on the crusade. Bohemund didn't join the crusade but moved south to siege Seljuq Tripoli which fell easily. Prince Simone captured Jerusalem, and Bohemund moved further south to take Acre from the Seljuqs while Prince Simone besieged Gaza.
    The problem now is that I'm so spread out and my army is so expensive that I have resorted to making raids in the Black Sea, I have sent a fleet with 2 generals and 10 units to attack russian and georgian costal regions. I basically sack them and destroy every building - I need the money!!
    CPU: Intel i7-8700. GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor 8G. RAM: Corsair Vengance, 16Gb HD: Kingston SSD 240Gb (System), Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500Gb (Steam), Western Digital 500Gb. PSU: Corsair CX600W

@billydilly

That sounds like one heck of a campaign! So did you wipe out the poor Armenians? Or are they alive holed up elsewhere? In any event, sounds like a blast!

Now I'm itching to play a campaign myself!

billydilly's Avatar Senator

@ Socal

the Armenians are still there, we are allies. They dont' seem to expand west or north, Seleukia was a weak rebel settlements long before I took it, the armenians never tried to take it. The regions north of the armenians are still rebel. They have almost two full stacks just sitting in Cilicia.

Oh , n other thing, I didn't know you added a garrison script I attacked a weak Constantinople and suddenly a rather large Byzantine army popped up and wanted a fight - I withdrew my raiding Normans.
    Last edited by billydilly; February 16, 2008 at 10:32 AM.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700. GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor 8G. RAM: Corsair Vengance, 16Gb HD: Kingston SSD 240Gb (System), Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500Gb (Steam), Western Digital 500Gb. PSU: Corsair CX600W

IIyamaXP's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by billydilly View Post
    Oh , n other thing, I didn't know you added a garrison script I attacked a weak Constantinople and suddenly a rather large Byzantine army popped up and wanted a fight - I withdrew my raiding Normans.
    There is a auto-garrison script? I did not encounter it, though there is often a rebel general wandering around the rebel cities...

There is a auto-garrison script? I did not encounter it, though there is often a rebel general wandering around the rebel cities...
    The garrison script is only there for a few key cities, if I remember correctly. The Moors get one in Iberia so the Reconquista actually is a struggle of sorts. The Byzantines get one in Constantinople since the Turks are so close to them based in Nicaea now that I don't want Turkish expansion to Europe too early. Which I was seeing in test campaigns.

And even though there is no Lithuanian faction, the Lithuanian settlements get the script too to make it tougher to expand there.

Good job Socal_infidel. It's a great mod.

this mod looks cool

Quote Originally Posted by Antigono Kargedonio View Post
    Good job Socal_infidel. It's a great mod.
    Quote Originally Posted by postaboi707 View Post
    this mod looks cool
    Thanks both! I have to admit that the past couple of weeks have been anything but fun for me with this mod. From basically working with just gigantus trying to resolve bugs. Which is kinda hard as he's twelve hours ahead of me time-zone wise. So communication was like using the pony express. I get emails in the morning. Respond with some changes. Hear back the next morning.

And then spending literally an hour to create the installation program, only to realize, that, oops, I forgot something. Gonna have to do it again.

To trying nights to upload to FileFront. Only to realize, oops, I forgot something else. So redo the whole installer/upload two-step.

Then scrambling around like a madman trying to resolve errors. Respond to each person's bug report.

All while having a real-life job and real-life. Hectic.

So kind words are much appreciated. And seeing screens of people playing makes me happier! Good to know the crap I've been working on for 5 months is being enjoyed by others.

Okay, rant over...

Cheerio!
    S_I

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

And seeing screens of people playing makes me happier!
    Well, the more I play the more I like it.
    Sometimes, I think I am playing chess. Any move should be carefully planned.
    From my little Seljuk Empire, I am not able to raise substantial armies. What are those georgians armies doing at the North? and those powerful crusade armies, passing through my lands? (*gasps*)

Quote Originally Posted by Ludicus View Post
    Well, the more I play the more I like it.
    Sometimes, I think I am playing chess. Any move should be carefully planned.
    From my little Seljuk Empire, I am not able to raise substantial armies. What are those georgians armies doing at the North? and those powerful crusade armies, passing through my lands? (*gasps*)
    Yeah, I was enjoying a nice little Georgian campaign. And I realized that yeah, it is definitely a challenge. Had to plan my next move carefully. Manage governours and generals. Money's tight and an extended campaign is gonna hurt.

And then I realized I disabled events in my main .cfg file. How? Have no idea in heck...no wonder the Mongol invasion never occured in that auto-run campaign that I took until 1320.

Funny thing is I never knew you could even disable events. What a weird option to even have...

Socal_infidel = modding dummy sometimes

aarronpeake's Avatar Civis

Icon14 Re: PRO DEO ET REGE 1.0 RELEASED: DOWNLOAD HERE!

hi,

just wanted to voice my feelings about this mod so far, think it looks it looks and plays excellent. So far really love the upkeeps and recruitmant systems make it much harder to play and slows everything down! i like to try all the mods i can but this mod is totally pushing for one of my favs cant wait to see where you take this mod, and thanks alot for all your effort making this!!

looks Great Mod

King Yngvar's Avatar Senator

Yes, the upkeep and recruitment system is perfect, I also love the increased movement.
    I found a minor bug (maybe it is a bug) however, while in battle map the general's model seem to be looking good (nice model btw). On campaign map however it seems that the captains look like true characters and the generals look like dismounted feudal knights.

y2day's Avatar TWC STORE NOW OPEN!
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Social,
    Mod looks great. I will give it a go tonight after work.
    Great Job!

TWC Graphics Workshop Art Competition!!!
    MEMBER OF THE IMPERIAL HOUSE OF HADER

Quote Originally Posted by aarronpeake View Post
    hi,

just wanted to voice my feelings about this mod so far, think it looks it looks and plays excellent. So far really love the upkeeps and recruitmant systems make it much harder to play and slows everything down! i like to try all the mods i can but this mod is totally pushing for one of my favs cant wait to see where you take this mod, and thanks alot for all your effort making this!!

Thanks for the kind words. Thanks for trying out my mod. Appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Aragorn View Post
    looks Great Mod
    thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by King Yngvar View Post
    Yes, the upkeep and recruitment system is perfect, I also love the increased movement.
    I found a minor bug (maybe it is a bug) however, while in battle map the general's model seem to be looking good (nice model btw). On campaign map however it seems that the captains look like true characters and the generals look like dismounted feudal knights.
    Yeah, I've heard something similar from gigantus. The captians look more regal than the generals. I'm going to go for the caped feudal knight look from Crusades X-Pack campaign once I get the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by y2day View Post
    Social,
    Mod looks great. I will give it a go tonight after work.
    Great Job!
    Thanks! Be sure to download the patch as well.