Thread: BBB2.1 for this Mod

Icon14 BBB2.1 for this Mod

Hi Dave,

As requested, try these files out. Basically it's BBB2.1 with the additional traits from your mod (Islam Hero, Christian Hero, Richard the Lionheart) and BBB traits for the new factions, Antioch and Jerusalem.

Let me know if you encounter any errors or mix ups. There were a couple of script errors showing up on the log file but one was related to your own Natural Explorer trait and the other was for ImpHatched which I've not touched.

Extra ancilliaries/titles will be required for any extra provinces, if you decide that's worth its while. You'll also need the new graphics from the ui folder. I've not touched this so you can get this straight from the BBB mod.

Good luck.
    Last edited by DrJambo; February 11, 2008 at 05:38 AM.

Default Re: BBB2.1 for this Mod

Thanks for the help Dr J, I am sure my fans are really going to enjoy playing my mod with Blood Broads & Bastards. I will put this straight into my mod with the other changes I have been working on, and we'll see how this works. After that, I will be looking to make further improvements. Its probably going to be another 2 weeks until I have finished working on this update and tested everything out. Then I will release this update when I feel it is ready.

all the best
    Dave

Guys, DrJambo has done a really great job with merging BBB into my Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod. You are all going to love this I promise, its working brilliant so far. Infact its working so well its seriously distracting me from my work on the update

And the titles even work for Jerusalem and Antioch as well. I cannot wait to release this update now. I think with all the extra new units and everything this is turning out to be the most exciting update so far!

Looking forward to releasing this for you all soon!

best wishes
    Dave
    Last edited by Dave Scarface; February 11, 2008 at 02:09 PM.

Hi guys,

I have noticed that in my system.log I get a lot of trigger parsing warnings using the new BBB2.1 traits. I see some of you have downloaded the file from this thread already. So could I ask some of you to check and see if you get these same warnings? I have already done a complete uninstall of my mod and reinstalled everything and tried adding the new traits again. But no luck, I get the same warnings. If any of you can help varify this it would be helpful.

Dave

Hi Dave,

Downloaded these and they compared exactly to the ones I'm currently using, so I've no idea why you're getting all the parsing errors and I'm not. I take it you've installed the rest of the BBB mod?

It seems it's working for you nonetheless though, which is good. If the Kings are getting the House Founder trait an the sons the Biological Son and "Is English" (for the English) traits, then it would seem there's nothing much wrong. I take it other traits are appearing ok?

When you download the new update you will see how I did this in my mod Most traits do appear to be working fine. I am just getting a few repeated warnings in the system. log.txt.

I made only one change to your files myself, settlement Budapest does not exist in my mod as I have two towns instead Buda and Pest. So I made the change so the title works properly for Buda (capital of Hungary).

Dave

@ DrJambo,

Did you get to download my new update before I had to pull it due to some CTD? If so could you check the systems log txt and see the trigger parsing warnings I get in my update (doubt these have anything to do with the CTD but I don't know for sure). Any ideas of how I could fix some of these would be very appreciated. Also I want to try and get the Tokus Royal banners to work in the ancillaries as well. I will do this myself when I get time (and I might add titles for some of the new settlements in my map while I'm at it).

Dave

Yeah I did and I will have a look at it soon.

Have any of you guys noticed the various effects Blood Broads & Bastards has on the campaign yet? I seem to be noticing something very interesting indeed in my current campaign as the Turks. Each general for Antioch that has a title for the region he controls seems to stay put in his settlement. There are certain tax bonuses for your general being in town. Prince Bohemond for instance has stayed in Aleppo the whole time. And I notice others staying put in the settlements they own as well. Maybe the AI is taking full advantage of the increased tax collection? What do you think guys? could the AI really be this smart? or is this just coincidence?

Also I think this is brilliant because it means when you assault these settlements the general is present to help command the defense. Siege battles are even tougher when there is a general defending the central square.

Dave
    Last edited by Dave Scarface; February 28, 2008 at 07:21 AM.