Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for Future

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: RM2 Suggestions for Future

Suggestions:
    1) pls add more horses and no more cataphracts for christian factions.
    2) i think you can incorporate blood mod "crimson tide" with RM3 or RM2 like what you did with the cannons but more complicated process and copy some textures and models from MTW2 and modifying them for RM3 or RM2 i think Morf and Ragnos can do this by importing some textures and models from MTW2.
    3) add kings with the crown on their heads like in the crusades
    4) credits for the RM3 Team since there is no credits in RM2.
    5) i can help with unit balancing and some skins too
    6) BI.exe would be cooler with night battles

best regards

Mithril
    Last edited by Mithril; July 25, 2008 at 10:47 PM. Reason: added 6th suggestion

Lord Of The Knights's Avatar Rome Medieval ******

Nice Suggestions Mithril
    you must be RM member to help us in RM3,and you can ask for a membership any time

GreatOne's Avatar Ordinarius

Blood Mod?Adding blood to the game?Or you thought about something else.....

Ragnos's Avatar Semisalis

Crimson Tide? Isn't that for M2TW?

GreatOne's Avatar Ordinarius

It would be amazing if blood could be added to the game, and i think it's pretty possible, it just needs some testing, i think i have an idea of how this could work :hmmm:

I like this mod, but I think Novogorod should be added, and the map goes way to far east.

Those faction's at the east most of the map are to far away from the real action, (which makes them boring to play), which is Europe and the areas around Palestine and Turkey.

Also, I think musketmen should be added. Even though the AI usually s them upp (maybe the AI shouldn't be allowed to build them, only the player could, they would be a good addition.

But what really should be done, are the cosmetics. Improve the faction selection menu, the units graphics, descriptions, etc etc..
    Last edited by Nikitn; August 02, 2008 at 10:36 AM.

Flowermasher's Avatar Foederatus
    reality is an accpeted set of ethics and blah blah blah

A couple of details about balance:one, mathematically the game sets all the units up on nearly square footing. Something should be done about how quickly the units run away because of this. The evenness of the action creates the situation that you get an equal hit for an equal number of men usually for every battle. This causes units to run away in fear much faster and creates a kind of Alexius III style fighting where strong units run after losing only 1/8 their troop strength to less powerful troops with slightly better armor, but yet you can use archers to fire on men until they have 3 left and they wont run till then. Maybe it has to do with whatever controls moral but it really can be bad in the "regular" campaign where the difficulty settings don't seem to effect this problem one way or the other. However, I am willing to accept that this is an individual issue. Two, Naval warfare is a joke. Take for example the nation of Scotland, strip away their holdings in northern Briton. It possible is to build up your infrastructure to rely 80% on naval units and then massacre everyone else fiscally through blockades. The AI has no scripting that cause it to even blink at making powerful navies. It could be a dice roll issue where AI randomly selects its moves but I think that maybe all navel units should be strengthened to remove that unfair play advantage. Perhaps give weaker ship types more units and stronger ship types less units. That should at least offset the way it works.
    It gets a little sad when Portugal ends up controlling all trade north of the Pyrenees through naval power.

That being said; I really LOVE the beta of RM. Maybe you have already worked out all the issues I brought up but maybe not. Regardless, even if none of the balance issues were changed I would still play RM3, 4, 5, 99999999999, but maybe just keep them in mind.
    Last edited by Flowermasher; August 03, 2008 at 12:34 AM.
    Lets just be clear and note that the Phalanx in RTW makes all other units worthless except for archers.....

i think the mod should be for BI because of the religion thats in BI that would make it more like the crusades and because night battles would be cool but if your going for a historically accurate mod than night battles should not be in it because in war nobody fought at night until the 1800's.

Jabbawockeez's Avatar Libertus

the mod should be on BI it would be better and the environment needs improvement there should be lots of grass and trees like Fourth Age total war mod

Add Rep if you like my Sig

rsslcs's Avatar Senator

(yay my first post on this forum!!) sorry about the spam...

I only have one suggestion ror rome medieval:

MEDIEVAL CITYS on the battle map. The walls could be retextured and some roman buildings removed and replaced with medieval counterparts to make a siege look better and fit in with the other outstanding stuff that youve done already. Im not talking about a whole new city, but about new textures for certain bits (some have been done already) and one or two models.(a new gatehouse & towers, no roman arch, a modified palace, no columns in other bits of the city) Nothing like chiv TW, but more like MTW2 to make it easy to support different city sizes (unlike Chiv that has 1 city model for i think 4 city types.) Apart from that and some very minor stuff, i dont think that this mod really lacks anything else. Its just a bit dissapointing to have a HUGE medieval battle besieging a romanesque city. It wouldnt take a lot of effort either seen that most stuff is just being re-textured with one single texture.

Only the european citys need a real makeover, coz oriental and middle-east cities hadn't changed a lot, and look OK on the battlemap.

There, my suggestion! rsslcs

Thanks for your suggestion

rsslcs's Avatar Senator

thx lord of the knights!! im not used to a reply so fast (go see the spring: 1944 forum its a game for the spring engine, totally dead)

and the map goes way to far east.
    i disagree, its pretty good as it is, timurids and kwarzems were much more powerful than any european country and oculd easily have conquered Europe if led by the right kind of leaders

Tsar Ivan Asen II's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Efe Pasha View Post
    i disagree, its pretty good as it is, timurids and kwarzems were much more powerful than any european country and oculd easily have conquered Europe if led by the right kind of leaders
    Yea I also think that is fine by that way.Anywayz they was powerful because the Muslims was far more "united" by their relegion than, Christians.Still they would have hard time conquer Europe.Its not just a leader, its a chance, its luck, its about numbers and equipment.For example Caesar was a mastermind for its time, but when we talk for great power, not everyone wants to share it with someone.Kwarzems or Timurids dont get the chance to invade Europe, they had they own wars, they own problems, even if they do invade, this meens even MORE troubles ahead.In game, yea, its a game, but when its come to a real stuff, the things are not simple as click.The Mongol invaders crushed not only Muslims, but also Christians nations, on their way the conquer and massacre so many contryes.But the Great Khan died, so his empire died with him.
    Last edited by Tsar Ivan Asen II; August 13, 2008 at 04:07 PM.

Flowermasher's Avatar Foederatus
    reality is an accpeted set of ethics and blah blah blah

Well, it does go pretty far east but the reason is because more nations are supposed to be added. Russia will be out there in RM3 so there will direct conflict with the Mongols now. Also I understand there will be something like a Prussian/Teuton faction to the right of Poland. The map must go far enough out to present these nations in the game. Also the Muslims extent of expansion into these areas was minimal in history and as well in the game it seems the AI does not go much farther north than present day Georgia. However, this all creates a great game play experience.
    My only suggestion is to find a way to lengthen the amount of space units can move, once you start to invade the Rus you are slowed down by small movements on each turn. I think overall a faster and lengthier movement would be good. I understand that may cause CTDs though...I would sacrifice a CTD for slower movement lol.
    Lets just be clear and note that the Phalanx in RTW makes all other units worthless except for archers.....

I may say something already posted here:

a) Is there any way to make the grass shorther? I saw some screenshot where grass is tall like men! can you add pounds, steepy hills, gorges paths and lakes on the battle maps?
    b)As we like historic accuracy then we should accept the butchery that was the battlefield: can you add blood where the fight is more intens and long. I'm not saying like a bright red patch on the floor but at last some dark red hues over the ground. maybe a random amount of limbs as well around the battle.
    c) Is there anyway to make Diplomacy more reliable and easy to manage? I dont understand why it takes forever to get a protectorate or just why alliances never works as you want?.
    d) Can we know if some factions wants to wage war against you, one turn before they invade your areas?
    e)Can we have a religeous agent who converts slowly one region into your faction's religion as in MTW?
    f) When the last turn of a siege is done, you always have the sally fort, can you make this happend randomly since often in history the bisieged use to surrender the town without any last man fighting?
    g) Can you make some foreign mercenaries available in your lands randomly? i.e. Italian mercenaries like the crossbows used to be also hired in franch and other european states outside Italy. So you should hire from time to time mercenaries form the surrounded countries as well.
    h)Can we have some money after you win a battle? or at least some prisoners that we can ransom?
    i)Can we focus more on the morale of the units? so if they win an Heroic battle or so, they should have a really good morale at the next one.
    l) can we have Italy devided in 3-4 factions ( I know it's hard to understand Italian history back then with all those city-states and constant warfare among them, but...) say Florance, Genoa, Milan and Venice
    Last edited by S.P.Q.R.; August 17, 2008 at 11:22 PM.

a) It's possible, and I believe we're currently working on it.
    b) Unfortunately, blood isn't hardcoded into the game, so we can't add it. And if we could, it would probably have limitations that make it look unrealistic.
    c) This is a problem with the game AI itself, not the mod.
    d) I don't think that's possible, building watchtowers and keeping an eye on the enemy is part of the game.
    e) I believe we're going to use the religion system from BI, but there wouldn't be priests.
    f) Interesting suggestion, it might be possible.
    g) There are mercenaries from all over the world in nearly every region, which personally is one of the things I like most about this mod.
    h) Not possible since it isn't hardcoded into the game.
    i) It's possible for a general who wins a Heroic Victory to get a trait that gives his troops better morale.
    l) Unfortunately, we have limited faction slots. Therefore, it's not possible to have that many factions, although there will be some (Milan and Sicily I believe).

Hound of Ulster's Avatar Senator

I like to see Venice added as a faction (in place of Baghdad, or, better yet, the 'Native American tribes' faction).
    'Only the Dead Have Seen the End of War' Plato

'Killing is Negotiating' A militiaman in 'Blackhawk Down'

Sadly, Venice is not among the new factions. The new ones will be the Kingdom of Jerusalem, the Teutonic Order and the Kievan Rus', though I'm not sure which factions they are replacing.

Gauls "Milan" = Kingdom Of Jerusalem
    Armenia "Tunisia" = Teutonic Order Stats
    Parthia "Abbasids" = Kiev Rus'

this replacment is final,no free faction slots left.
    there should be a faction in the americas.