Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for Future

Default Re: RM2 Suggestions for Future

The Godfather music would take away the feeling of the medieval period.

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman View Post
    Just head down to your local wal mart , only costs around 10 Euros
    I have it but when I install it Vanilla stops working. So I never play it.

Sun Devil's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by SaadHabib View Post
    The Godfather music would take away the feeling of the medieval period.
    Not really, some of the music already sounds kinda similar.

Lots of congratulations for this mod (rm2), the sprites are simply awesome!!...... just one thing(between others) to add for a more realistic game are some names of family members, common guys..... Vercingetorix as the king of Milan that sounds really bad........why not put names of heroes or historical person in it? So keep up the good work, really enjoying it....

i know you can not add more factions or regions
    but i am sure you can make the map look bigger
    like the map in Roma Surrectum, EB, or SPQR

just a larger map to make the game more epic

if you allready planned on doing this then sorry for bringing it up
    uanime5's Eras total conquest
    a Medieval 2 total war kingdoms mod
    featuring 10 campaigns covering the entire world
    each include different factions, faction start positions, and levels of technology
    Download>Link1 Link2 Link3 Link4 Link5

Ragnos's Avatar Semisalis

Lord of the Knights has already made the new map, it's similar to the current RM2 map but much bigger, distances are much longer and countries are much larger.

its good to hear some progress larger map new units this will be a great mod

INSTALLATION:

For future releases, it would be good if you could make the installation a bit more user friendly. It took me a couple of tries to install it before I realized what I was doing wrong.

This mod is an epic win; great job.

As for future suggestions, I'd have to agree with posters above. Installation simplification would be good, even though I figured it out. Mod: switching, new more Medieval buildings/descriptions, historically accurate names, Medieval looking diplomats.

Navigable rivers would also be good, like in the Ancient Empires Elysium mod.

This mod is great though.
    Last edited by jsx0123; February 27, 2009 at 06:12 PM.

hey have u seen the Spoils of WAr for EB?
    When u win a battle u get extra money from looted items from dead enemy soldiers. Could you add that?

why the crusaders or any sword wiellder units hold their sword like its a pike? makeke all sword wielding units hold their weapons like your normally do.
    Last edited by darkdexter; March 14, 2009 at 01:28 AM.

like the way the knights hold their sword like this one

http://img22.imageshack.us/my.php?im...bswidle5qz.jpg
    or the knight on this one

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=136523

or maybe if its too much work for you then nevermind it, but reconsider it.

My suggestion for RM2 (or RM3):
    Population growth effect is too big in every city and every faction.
    If i built up every buildings in a city, the population growth is 10-12.5%...
    I have to incite the city, and I have to slaughter them, but the population growth is the same, so I do it soon again,because of this.

Decrease the effect

Played for a few hours last night, the first major changes I think should be city's re textured/modeled to look less like the Rome settlements i.e castles (introduction of motes would be awesome)

Another thing would be Scotland should probably start off with barbarian style settlements.

This mod is ing great!

Laetus

A good addition to this game is if you add the pope to the game. Im not a good modder but i think it might be possible and it would make the game much better.

gaius_caesar's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by darkdexter View Post
    why the crusaders or any sword wiellder units hold their sword like its a pike? makeke all sword wielding units hold their weapons like your normally do.
    Use SignifierOne's Animation Pack and use the fs_s1_swordsman or whatever skeleton

YOu should remove Indians and Timurrids and add Bulgaria or the Pope or Aragon

Yeah, I would really love to play Aragon... ChivalryTW did have Aragon but I just didn't feel comfortable with it

FANTASTIC MOD!!!!
    These are some suggestions I have, I know some have already been said, but i'll just reiterate them for you ^^;
    I realize this is a fantastically huge project and that some things are less important than others, but yeah, this is what should be looked for in RM3.

Thanks again for your hard work, it's much appreciated!

- Family Member Names/Traits
    - Factions (England, France, HRE, Burgundy, Mongol, Ayyubid, Almoravid, Castila-Leon, Aragon, Denmark/Sweden, Lithuania, Kievan Rus, Milan, Sicily, Byzantines, Bulgaria/Wallachia, Tons of loosely confederated Native Tribes in the Americas, Portugal, Hungary, Poland are all good choices)
    - Extended timeline to Pre-Industrial would be simply AMAZING. (i.e - 1660's)
    - AOR Units need to be location specific. I am hiring Genoese CrossBow's in York. Spanish Mercenaries captured two Hungarian citadels.
    - Budgeting needs to be far more tight.
    - Unit costs need to go WAY up.
    - More music, (Jingle_Bells music submod helped quite a bit with the combat noises)
    - Native Faction reskinning
    - Flavor Units for Norse, Middle Eastern and Near Eastern cultures
    - Culturally independent diplomats
    - Force diplomacy
    - Some cities are irrelevant, incorrectly named, or placed incorrectly.
    - Perhaps set up two vying rebel factions to simulate warring city states such as Genoa and Milan, and conflict in the Americas between tribes. (Think RSurrectum 2)

you guys should also include traits involving nationalities like Being English or French just like what the guys in the XGM mod did

Great mod and it looks to get even better. What I've played of it looks great and definitely has a different feel to it than RTW.

1. Are there gonna be musket units in the game? I understand that RTW lacks the animations to allow the units to fire in a proper pattern so it looks like the troops in the back row are just shooting the unfortunate guys in the front row. And that the AI doesn't really use the units effectively causing them to just bunch up in a big pile. But I would still love to see them make an appearance.

2. Dublin should be be right beside the coast, like London for example. Also it's pretty weird that if you capture Dublin you gain control over the west of Ireland too. I reckon you should divide Ireland into 4 sections, each representing the 4 provinces of Ireland ie Leinster, Ulster, Munster and Connacht.
    Last edited by oldboyhammer; September 08, 2009 at 10:47 AM.