Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021

Thread: Suggestions for Future

Domesticus

Default Re: Suggestions for Future

I also think that it is better to pull off the map in America and spread to the east.
    Give more territory to the Mongols, etc. ...

Quote Originally Posted by Crociato78 View Post
    I also think that it is better to pull off the map in America and spread to the east.
    Give more territory to the Mongols, etc. ...
    Yeah, that's a good idea. The only thing that stops us from doing so is the large amount of work it requires, specially regarding the cities location (coding). Sorry
    There are none so enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free

Sertorio's Avatar Domesticus

First, great mod, i am new to medieval times and i was keen on recreating the eastern roman empire.
    Great, units, great banners and nice atmosphere all-round.
    Now to those small things.
    The Byzantine general is a medieval knight, which is awkward in the middle of those nice byzantine lancers.
    Could you point me to the unit that needs editing ? I am kinda lost searching the DMB and EDU.
    Second, the byzantine spearmen have a very high upkeep comparing with skutatoi and Byzantine infantry. Why ? Lower tier unit with high upkeep to lower your initial income ? I am fine with that. Is that the reason?
    Texture works by Sertorio, banner courtesy of Joar

My AAR for VGRII-AQUILAE

Lord Of The Knights's Avatar Rome Medieval ******

Quote Originally Posted by Sertorio View Post
    First, great mod, i am new to medieval times and i was keen on recreating the eastern roman empire.
    Great, units, great banners and nice atmosphere all-round.
    Now to those small things.
    The Byzantine general is a medieval knight, which is awkward in the middle of those nice byzantine lancers.
    Could you point me to the unit that needs editing ? I am kinda lost searching the DMB and EDU.
    Second, the byzantine spearmen have a very high upkeep comparing with skutatoi and Byzantine infantry. Why ? Lower tier unit with high upkeep to lower your initial income ? I am fine with that. Is that the reason?
    Hi friend ,, byzantine general files are located under "Byzantine_General" in the DMB,, and about byzantine spearmen they have 0 recruiting time (as other garssion units) but with high upkeep inorder not to rely on them alone for big armies

Sertorio's Avatar Domesticus

How about thematic provinces and thematic provinces based retinue titles for Governors of the Byzantine empire ?
    Texture works by Sertorio, banner courtesy of Joar

My AAR for VGRII-AQUILAE

ImperialAquila's Avatar Domesticus

First of all a great mod. It's been my alternative to M2TW sine my old PC died.

Here are some of my suggestions. I don't know if some people already suggested them or if the team is already implementing them but here it goes:

1) "Building" Tech Trees and more Economy related "buildings" - Pseudo-buildings similar to what RS2 has allowing you to either focus on your economy or military (In a way this will allow castles to function properly with castles focusing on the recruitment of high tier units and the cities on militias). Also giving players the option of Annexing a region or Vassalization (Through the creation of a pseudo-building) would be great. An annexed province will allow you to recruit your factions own unique units while being able to recruit some tier 1 or 2 units of the other faction and will contribute greatly to your economy (reasoning might be the full takeover of economic management by your faction) while a vassal would give you access to more of the other faction's units and will only add a small amount of increase to your income (simulating tribute) or in whatever way the team seems best.

2) Expanding the crown ancillaries further with each faction having their own unique crowns (and pictures) and lordly titles for every faction with a variety of different effects to either management, influence and loyalty similar to what SS Mod has (Dukes, Counts, Barons, the Exarchs, Emirs, etc.) Giving players such as myself the ability to RP.

3) Recruitable governors and generals like RS2. I suggest making recruitable Order Grand Masters (For each of the Knightly Orders) and a Constable of Jerusalem.

Also, does anyone know where I can replace the trade ship models and trade wagons and which file to edit? I looked everywhere but only found the trade ship model but don't know which file to edit. I tried descr_model_strat and descr_off_map but can't find the line about trade ships. My new PC has a laughable system and is poor on the RAM and Graphics. After testing stuff out I found out that it wasn't the campaign map textures and models but it was the caravans and trade ships that caused lag. They demand quite a lot on my system.

Quote Originally Posted by james0604 View Post
    First of all a great mod. It's been my alternative to M2TW sine my old PC died.

Here are some of my suggestions. I don't know if some people already suggested them or if the team is already implementing them but here it goes:

1) "Building" Tech Trees and more Economy related "buildings" - Pseudo-buildings similar to what RS2 has allowing you to either focus on your economy or military (In a way this will allow castles to function properly with castles focusing on the recruitment of high tier units and the cities on militias). Also giving players the option of Annexing a region or Vassalization (Through the creation of a pseudo-building) would be great. An annexed province will allow you to recruit your factions own unique units while being able to recruit some tier 1 or 2 units of the other faction and will contribute greatly to your economy (reasoning might be the full takeover of economic management by your faction) while a vassal would give you access to more of the other faction's units and will only add a small amount of increase to your income (simulating tribute) or in whatever way the team seems best.

2) Expanding the crown ancillaries further with each faction having their own unique crowns (and pictures) and lordly titles for every faction with a variety of different effects to either management, influence and loyalty similar to what SS Mod has (Dukes, Counts, Barons, the Exarchs, Emirs, etc.) Giving players such as myself the ability to RP.

3) Recruitable governors and generals like RS2. I suggest making recruitable Order Grand Masters (For each of the Knightly Orders) and a Constable of Jerusalem.

Also, does anyone know where I can replace the trade ship models and trade wagons and which file to edit? I looked everywhere but only found the trade ship model but don't know which file to edit. I tried descr_model_strat and descr_off_map but can't find the line about trade ships. My new PC has a laughable system and is poor on the RAM and Graphics. After testing stuff out I found out that it wasn't the campaign map textures and models but it was the caravans and trade ships that caused lag. They demand quite a lot on my system.

Hi there. Good suggestions. Let's say that at some point before while we were working on latest version, I thought about implementing something similar to what you say in point 2, using on of Aradan's tools, but we finally concentrated on other stuff. There was so many things to do, that in order to avoid being overwhelmed by the project, we tried to simplify some things.

Regarding points 1 and 3, they are great ideas as well. We didn't try implementing them, but I'm sure they would take lots of coding. Perhaps a simplified version of what you are suggesting? That could work.

Finally, I think that the strat models might be included in the mod_0.pak (don't have the original WIP file right now, so I'm not 100% sure). If that's the case, you should try unpacking and rebuilding that file with a pack extractor... almost sure that's possible to do.
    There are none so enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free

Quote Originally Posted by james0604 View Post
    (...) Also, does anyone know where I can replace the trade ship models and trade wagons and which file to edit? I looked everywhere but only found the trade ship model but don't know which file to edit. I tried descr_model_strat and descr_off_map but can't find the line about trade ships. My new PC has a laughable system and is poor on the RAM and Graphics. After testing stuff out I found out that it wasn't the campaign map textures and models but it was the caravans and trade ships that caused lag. They demand quite a lot on my system.
    .../.../Data/terrain/aerial_map/wagons (for trade wagons)

.../.../Data/terrain/aerial_map/ships (for trade ships)

You no needed to edit none file... you must only replace the models and his textures. You can to make the change in the mod folder (.../.../RomeMedievalMOD/Data/terrain/aerial_map/wagons or ships)... Or, you can delete the folder (... or cut, or rename) of the MOD folder, then the game only show you the models of the original game... understand?

greetings.
    Last edited by Archaeopterix; May 17, 2013 at 01:19 AM. Reason: forget a tip

ImperialAquila's Avatar Domesticus

@Mataputas

Thanks. so I'll need the pack extractor for this.

I would volunteer to do the things I suggested in 2. But I'm very busy with RL stuff so I can't find the time to do anything at home. I've done most of the "lord titles" but there are still errors. When I find the time I could finish it and release it for the team to include.

@Archaeopterix
    Thanks

Red-bearded's Avatar Foederatus

Still, you can introduce 6 - 7 religions as is done in some mods, for example Hundert Year War(ALX).

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

It is a bit weird that cities which are owned by Byzantines have Turkish names, like Bergama and Bursa (Pergamon and Prusa).