Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for Future

Lord Of The Knights's Avatar Rome Medieval ******

Default Suggestions for Future

write your suggestions and new ideas of RM2 Here

onmy6's Avatar Miles

Default Re: RM2 Suggestions for Future

Any chance of making the generals on the world map, look like medieval knights instead of roman generals, also would you be able to give them horses at all.
    Just a thought for the future

Apart from that, for me I love it, well done yet again LOTK
    I love this MOD, I actually prefer it to M2TW which I also own

So congrats, good job and well done

Erwin Rommel's Avatar EYE-PATCH FETISH

DO IT FOR BI!!!

think of the night battles possible!!

those torches, in soldiers, AHH the SCENERY!!!

much more AWESOME!!! plus those flaming arrows always look good at night battles

RTW has night battles but soldiers dont have torches on them

(Its clickable by the way....An S2 overhaul mod.)

Seriously. Click it. Its the only overhaul mod that's overhauling enough to bring out NEW clans
    Masaie. Retainer of Akaie|AntonIII

Love the mod, it's better than vanilla RTW, but there are some issues with it.

1) I noticed that whenever messages involving marriages, gaining of Eagles, coming of age, etc. that it would continue to make references to Romans. Try changing the announcement scrolls to say the right thing for the right faction. Also, if you made it parchment instead of papyrus, it would be a nice touch.

2) In battle intros, you kept in all the old lines, which again, make many references to ROMAN honour. Rerecording the general's speeches would lend more authenticity to the game. If you guys aren't up to recording voices, take some intros from Medieval I and II and add them where necessary.

3) Add videos! Some people don't like them, but I think there's something very dramatic about cutting suddenly to gates crashing open or a general falling off his horse, struck down by a mass of soldiers, and when I tried to enable them myself, the game crashed.

Nothing else comes to mind, but with this, I believe RM will transform from an excellent mod to a truly legendary one.

Very nice suggestions,the Mod is still a base not a completed Mod,i and RM Team will continue working on the Mod in July/2008.
    and all good suggestions will be added to the Mod,the real work hasn't started yet.

add some events(such like the marian reforms) who gives better equipment or let a comet land somewhere and who controls the region gets +1 for every sort of armour.

More unique units for all factions i think it will makes the mod more realistic...i think...and the archers and crossbowwmen are to strong...

General_Zavier's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by morfeasnikos View Post
    More unique units for all factions i think it will makes the mod more realistic...i think...and the archers and crossbowwmen are to strong...
    I second that for unique units for all factions, but I do not think the archers and crossbowmen are overpowered, I think that it is that the cavalry is under powered. Since every unit has two hitpoints, the charge bonus for all the cavalry units should be around ten instead of five. Also, the generals should have three or four hitpoints. (I've made those changes to my data files and the game still runs fine)
    The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth. ~Niels Bohr
    No matter how hard you try, you cannot outwit stupid people.
    ~Anonymous

Romano British AAR
    End of Days AAR
    WRE Migration Campaign AAR
    The Official RTW Screenshot Competition.

Quote Originally Posted by General_Zavier View Post
    I second that for unique units for all factions, but I do not think the archers and crossbowmen are overpowered, I think that it is that the cavalry is under powered. Since every unit has two hitpoints, the charge bonus for all the cavalry units should be around ten instead of five. Also, the generals should have three or four hitpoints. (I've made those changes to my data files and the game still runs fine)
    I will try it at home and i will tell you...(about the cavalry)

hey General_Zavier,why dont you help us in balancing the units,maybe the finicial system in the Mod if you have the enough time and skills for that?

General_Zavier's Avatar Civis

I would love to, but unfortunatly will not have time (because of school) for the next couple months. (aka:until summer)
    The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth. ~Niels Bohr
    No matter how hard you try, you cannot outwit stupid people.
    ~Anonymous

Romano British AAR
    End of Days AAR
    WRE Migration Campaign AAR
    The Official RTW Screenshot Competition.

Quote Originally Posted by General_Zavier View Post
    I did it its much better this way....the cavalry its now strong!!

oscarreeve's Avatar Getafix Loyal Companion

I love the unit cards but do not like the unit info cards, if possible i will change that though and send them of to u once u have the units done for the mod, ( i am just awaiting the go ahead )

My Army ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

ok,thanks for your help,see your works in july.

icydawgfish's Avatar Campidoctor

How about limit it so that only important cities can grow to huge and large.

"I used to eat people, but now I'm full."

Ephialtes The Dog's Avatar Vicarius
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head!!!

What you can do for the above suggestion is do what RS did and make the imperial palaces only constructible in certain city's.

What I would like to see is some way to make it so that the Pope could give the Christian nations missions like in MTW.
    "So there I am, in Sri Lanka, formerly Ceylon, at about 3 o'clock in the morning, looking for one thousand brown M&Ms to fill a brandy glass, or Ozzy wouldn't go on stage that night. So, Jeff Beck pops his head 'round the door, and mentions there's a little sweets shop on the edge of town. So - we go. And - it's closed. So there's me, and Keith Moon, and David Crosby, breaking into that little sweets shop, eh. Well, instead of a guard dog, they've got this bloody great big Bengal tiger. I managed to take out the tiger with a can of mace, but the shopowner and his son... that's a different story altogether. I had to beat them to death with their own shoes. Nasty business, really. But, sure enough, I got the M&Ms, and Ozzy went on stage and did a great show."

-Del Preston

icydawgfish's Avatar Campidoctor

You could probably ask around on the Chiv TW forums for permission to use some of thier units. I particularly like their Byzantine and Seljuk/Fatamid units.

"I used to eat people, but now I'm full."

or thier castles

Seriously. Click it. Its the only overhaul mod that's overhauling enough to bring out NEW clans

Ephialtes The Dog's Avatar Vicarius
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head!!!

It would be cool to have night battle, loyalty, dread and religion systems in RM2, all you'd have to do is do what XGM did. Also it would be awesome if you could script it so that the Pope gives you missions like in m2tw.
    "So there I am, in Sri Lanka, formerly Ceylon, at about 3 o'clock in the morning, looking for one thousand brown M&Ms to fill a brandy glass, or Ozzy wouldn't go on stage that night. So, Jeff Beck pops his head 'round the door, and mentions there's a little sweets shop on the edge of town. So - we go. And - it's closed. So there's me, and Keith Moon, and David Crosby, breaking into that little sweets shop, eh. Well, instead of a guard dog, they've got this bloody great big Bengal tiger. I managed to take out the tiger with a can of mace, but the shopowner and his son... that's a different story altogether. I had to beat them to death with their own shoes. Nasty business, really. But, sure enough, I got the M&Ms, and Ozzy went on stage and did a great show."

-Del Preston

BI.EXE!!!
    BI.EXE!!!
    BI.EXE!!!
    BI.EXE!!!
    BI.EXE!!!BI.EXE!!!

Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast