Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cities in EB2?

Default Cities in EB2?

What are the cities going to look like on the battle map in this mod? Are you guys gonna change anything about them or are they gonna look Medeival with the current buildings.

kelvintyk's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Cities in EB2?

I think its most probably gonna remain the same since there isn't anyone good enough when it comes to re-modelling buildings....(if its even possible at all)
    Baird: "Hey! Stop shooting it, you're pissing it off!"

Cole: "You're telling me what not to shoot in here? Look at this ****!"

Marcus: "More like 10 ****loads"

Marcus: "Hmph, they can eat **** and die for all I care..."

thelord's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by kelvintyk View Post
    I think its most probably gonna remain the same since there isn't anyone good enough when it comes to re-modelling buildings....(if its even possible at all)
    have you not seen the re-modelled cities in EB1? they look brilliant

Anyone know if there is a tool for open the buildings files in Medieval ?

MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar Domesticus
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusAgrippa87 View Post
    not yet

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusAureliusAntoninus View Post
    not yet
    you mean there will be one soon?

MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar Domesticus
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by firekiller View Post
    you mean there will be one soon?
    Some people were trying to crack them a while back...

kelvintyk's Avatar Primicerius

Lets hope they succeed in the near future....so EBII will have a more 'ancient' feel to it.
    Baird: "Hey! Stop shooting it, you're pissing it off!"

Cole: "You're telling me what not to shoot in here? Look at this ****!"

Marcus: "More like 10 ****loads"

Marcus: "Hmph, they can eat **** and die for all I care..."

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusAureliusAntoninus View Post
    not yet
    ok.. thanks

I haven't got Med II yet, but I think I might be able to help. What is the extension to the building files called? Also, is there anywhere on the 'net where I could download one (i.e. just the one building file, not the whole game)?

Quote Originally Posted by I Am Herenow View Post
    I haven't got Med II yet, but I think I might be able to help. What is the extension to the building files called? Also, is there anywhere on the 'net where I could download one (i.e. just the one building file, not the whole game)?
    You can find the current research here:
    http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=88241
    http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=89573

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

OK, thanks

Regarding cities I have been wondering if it’s at all possible to replaced the town square with a fortified citadel like the one in Rome. I always thought it was kind of ridiculous to withdraw to a wide open area where you can be surrounded by a numerically superior foe.

Also Romans built large fortified stone forts all over the empire these later were used by the barbarians as castles, so shouldn’t the roman’s and other nation be able to build castles as well?

I would guess they would be identical to stone fortified cities but smaller, but perhaps you could build better forts for additional cost. Plain wooden forts would be a dime a dozen compared to an epic castle. Obviously larger forts should last longer than 3 turns.

Also I wonder if you could, (at huge costs) build large walls to block of passes alla Hadrian, I am unsure but I would think you could do this either by producing an elongated fort and just have any attack load a slandered fort battle, or perhaps having a wall fort built would case a land block to be scripted in for a specific length, the only way through would be throw the fort.

It would be nice if I could conquer Gaul and build the limes just like Rome did, plus it would mitigate the old problem of shared ally borders leading to an attack.

Finally I had a thought about the Alps; perhaps you could make them impassable until a building is built in a border province to simulate engineering a path like Hannibal did, that way the Romans and Gaul’s wouldn’t have an all out war until one of them clears a path at great cost and time, scripting a sizable drop in population might also be a good idea to simulate the loss of life involved in such a feat.

Just a thought, I know you guys are the experts here so I just thought I’d offer my 10 cents worth.
    "Midway upon the journey of our life
    I found myself within a forest dark,
    For the straightforward pathway had been lost." Dante Alighieri

Quote Originally Posted by Giuliano Taverna View Post
    Also I wonder if you could, (at huge costs) build large walls to block of passes alla Hadrian, I am unsure but I would think you could do this either by producing an elongated fort and just have any attack load a slandered fort battle, or perhaps having a wall fort built would case a land block to be scripted in for a specific length, the only way through would be throw the fort.

It would be nice if I could conquer Gaul and build the limes just like Rome did, plus it would mitigate the old problem of shared ally borders leading to an attack.

Finally I had a thought about the Alps; perhaps you could make them impassable until a building is built in a border province to simulate engineering a path like Hannibal did, that way the Romans and Gaul’s wouldn’t have an all out war until one of them clears a path at great cost and time, scripting a sizable drop in population might also be a good idea to simulate the loss of life involved in such a feat.
    It's not possible to change the map in-game. Partially because the game needs the map.rwm and map_heights.hgt files wich it creates during the start-up. In order to change the map those files should be overwrited (if that's even possible at all...) and reloaded. Also all the .tga files (images used for he map) should be replaced for other ones.

correct me if I'm wrong and I hope I'm wrong, as it would be fun to have Hadrian's wall and others

thelord's Avatar Senator

hadrians wall wasnt built till several centuries after the EB time frame though, also about the alps thing, you could just travel around them by boat

Protector Domesticus

:hmmm: The last I heard, the Alps were quite traversible in the warmer seasons. Heck, travelers, merchants, mercenaries and whatnot were going back and forth through the passes all the time, local inhabitants allowing.
    It was trying to cross them in winter that made everyone think you were a mad genius, or just mad...

Numenor's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by thelord View Post
    have you not seen the re-modelled cities in EB1? they look brilliant
    where? what? LEMME SEE o.O
    [IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by thelord View Post
    hadrians wall wasnt built till several centuries after the EB time frame though, also about the alps thing, you could just travel around them by boat
    I know that and you know that, but we both know the AI doesn't know that.

Quote Originally Posted by PatricianS View Post
    It's not possible to change the map in-game. Partially because the game needs the map.rwm and map_heights.hgt files wich it creates during the start-up. In order to change the map those files should be overwrited (if that's even possible at all...) and reloaded. Also all the .tga files (images used for he map) should be replaced for other ones.

correct me if I'm wrong and I hope I'm wrong, as it would be fun to have Hadrian's wall and others
    what about my citadel, castle, and elongated fort ideas?

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusAgrippa87 View Post
    Hoping CA would help modders on this.

"And the Heavens Shall Tremble"
    Resistance is futile™

"ehn sewr traih-sluyrds-lairareh"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast