Thread: need help with rtr pv1.9

Default need help with rtr pv1.9

I apologize in advance if this is the wrong place to post but it was the most suiting to my question.

The icon for rtr didn't have a correct destination so i told windows to find the closest match. Whenever i try to open it, it goes to just regular rtw v1.5. Can someone please help me with this problem?

Thanks

Default Re: need help with rtr pv1.9

My guess is that you`ve installed the mod in a wrong folder. The default path of RTRPE`s installer leads to a folder called Activision, but if you have a more recently bought game you`ve probably installed it in a "The Creative Assembly" folder and so, the mod was not applied to it. Check to see it`s not this.

there is a RTR folder listed in the activision>rome-total war>data
    was this what you were asking?
    If it helps I bought the game about a year ago

thanks for the help so far

Well, the question is:
    Is your game(the original unmodded game) installed in an Activision folder? Is that RTR folder that you`ve mentioned inside your game folder?

Also, what version of the game do you have?
    What version of RTR are you trying to install?

yes,and yes

i have regular rome total war (it says sega during the startup if that helps)
    i installed original game patch 1.3 then 1.5 then RTR platinum 1.9 full in that order

thanks again
    Last edited by waffen556; February 09, 2008 at 07:04 PM. Reason: spelling error

If you have the Sega version of the game you don`t need to install any patch. It should be v1.5 already. To be sure go to the Options menu in game and check the upper right corner. It should say ver1.5.
    As for RTRPE v1.9, what is more important is if you have the simple version or the mod switch version. If you have the latter and you don`t start the game with the shortcut it makes you`ll play unmodded RTW. The mod switch version needs a certain command to be implemented on the target of the desktop shortcut, otherwise it will lunch the original game and not the mod. Link me to the thread where you got RTRPE from please.

From what you say you seem to have installed the mod in the right place so unless it`s the thing with the shorcut, it`s odd that the unmodded game starts.

http://www.rometotalrealism.org/download6.html#1.9-plat
    very top link (filefront)
    would installing 1.2 then 1.5 again be the problem or no?

Normally no. At least you`d not get to play the vanilla game. The version you have is the simple, no modswitch one from what I see. That overwrites the game`s files so the possibility to start an unmodded game are 0. When you`ve said:
    Whenever i try to open it, it goes to just regular rtw v1.5
    what did you mean? You can play the unmoded game?

Anyway, here`s a very detailed guide that covers the RTRPE v1.9 you have. It also covers installing the right version of RTW. If it gets to that, use it when you reinstall.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=58290

thank you for the help!!
    it was defiantly user error.
    I will be glued to this game for the next week!