Thread: Roman Cavalry have javelins instead of spears?

Default Roman Cavalry have javelins instead of spears?

I've been playing this mod for a while now (and I love it) but I have a problem with this newest version. For some reason, Roman Cavalry and pre-Marian generals have javelins instead of their normal cavalry spears. They hold them with the point facing downwards, meaning that they "stab" with the back end. Is this happening to anyone else?

Primicerius

Default Re: Roman Cavalry have javelins instead of spears?

I've noticed that some Jav-cav use javelin instead of shortswords, basically what your talking about. I never play Rome, so I can't confirm exactly. Peltasts, also, use javelins in melee combat sometimes, its a little weird (especially when their ammo bar is empty). Its just an animation problem though, shouldn't affect gameplay.

Yeah, but the jav cav and peltasts hold them correctly (stabbing with the pointy end) which appears like a design choice. This, however, is clearly a bug. And while the stats aren't effected, obviously, I can't bring myself to conquer the world with horsemen who poke the barbarians with blunt sticks.

I'd be most appreciative if someone could check if their Romans are the same way.

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

I remember this problem occurring a long time ago. It should be fixed in the current version, and they looked fine when I checked them just now. Have you made any of your own changes (like adding a newer version of the Modding Legions pack for example).

I had the Modding Legions unit cards installed, but I uninstalled XGM and reinstalled without changing anything and it was still like that. After that didn't fix it, I tried uninstalling the whole game (deleting the entire folder just to be complete) and then installing nothing but R:TW, BI, and XGM, and it was still like that.