Thread: Could you upload the mod somewhere else?

Default Could you upload the mod somewhere else?

Megaupload won't let me download anything without making me download their spyware toolbar first I would really like to try the mod, could you please upload it somewhere else, Filefront maybe?
    A big THANKS to all Total War modders

Visitor13 came to TWC for the wafers

Default Re: Could you upload the mod somewhere else?

You don't need to download their toolber. Look up the instructions for megaupload in the download thread.

If you mean this thread http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=83548

then I've failed to see anything there pertaining to my problem. I can't just wait a few seconds and enter a code, since Megaupload ALWAYS redirects me to their toolbar page, saying that all the download slots assigned to my country are taken, and that I need to install their toolbar first. It doesn't matter what I try to download, that's what it ALWAYS says. I even tried to download stuff at 3 a.m. once or twice, same thing. And I'm hardly the only person with this problem.

So I'd be really grateful if you reconsidered and uploaded the mod somewhere else.

I'm sorry to say it does sound like you are in a minority as I've not come accross this problem before, nor from memory have i read it anywhere on these forums. What country are you from?

Poland.

Hmm, not many polish people on here that I know of, so that is why i've never come across the problem before.

I have tried uploading it on other sites such as filefront but have had problems due to my connection. Unfortunately i'm the only person who worked on the mod and still deals with these issues.

If somebody else could upload it somewhere else that would be great.

I see. Thanks anyway

Visitor13, I know megaupload is a crap, but their toolbar is not a spyware. Well, I installed it, because I don't use crappy Internet Explorer anyway (I use Opera, which is so far most spyware-resistant browser ). So I use IE only for megaupload.

Heh, I use Opera too. Are you sure the toolbar isn't spyware, though, I had alerts from Spybot last time I installed it...

I guess I'll just install it again and uninstall it right after I've downloaded the mod.

It happens in my country too (Argentina). But you don't need to download the megaupload bar, there's an add-on for firefox that can be used for downloading from there.
    Here it is.
    Hope it helps.
    BTW, nice mod, I'm downloading it now.

Thanks for the tip, Nistenf, I'll try it out whenever I get the chance.