Thread: merchants

Default merchants

Is it possible to do something like this with merchants? Make them work with the current diplomatic relations of differing country's like this for example?

Allied: no possible acts against

neutral and trade agreement: take overs do not kill merchants but do push them off that resource and vice versa, dependent as merchant experience and takeovers work now

War: hostile takeovers do kill merchants as vanilla has it

just curious if this can be done?

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Default Re: merchants

Just a question my friend...
    Do you know what the frace "trade rights" means?
    I think...that your resourses are open for the one you made the agreement with and his merceants....:hmmm:
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Lamanz's Avatar Biarchus

Basically, yes. Trade Rights essentially remove tariffs and competition between countries.

EDIT: In TW, however, it seems to mean you need trading rights before you can trade at all (something that is utterly incorrect, and can only really be enforced in the old USSR, Cuba, and N Korea, certainly not a medieval kingdom!)

The best modern example I can think of is the North America Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), which creates easy, accessible trade between USA, Canada, and Mexico.

Sig made by XKillerX

"From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
    A light from the shadows shall spring;
    Renewed shall be blade that was broken:
    The crownless again shall be king.
    "

Quote Originally Posted by Lamanz View Post
    Basically, yes. Trade Rights essentially remove tariffs and competition between countries.

EDIT: In TW, however, it seems to mean you need trading rights before you can trade at all (something that is utterly incorrect, and can only really be enforced in the old USSR, Cuba, and N Korea, certainly not a medieval kingdom!)

The best modern example I can think of is the North America Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), which creates easy, accessible trade between USA, Canada, and Mexico.
    ...and establishes groundwork for a North American Union.

Lamanz's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by thelonius viking View Post
    ...and establishes groundwork for a North American Union.
    I hope you were joking, because I can assure you USA is not going to open their border to Mexicans. They may try (and succeed) to annex Canada, but it's not going to happen unless they are really desperate for our bountiful supply of water, as that would really mar their relationship with both other NATO countries and the International Community alike (not to mention we won't go down passively...)

Sig made by XKillerX

"

I hope you were joking, because I can assure you USA is not going to open their border to Mexicans. They may try (and succeed) to annex Canada, but it's not going to happen unless they are really desperate for our bountiful supply of water, as that would really mar their relationship with both other NATO countries and the International Community alike (not to mention we won't go down passively...)
    A.) Bush already signed it into agreement(without congressional or public approval) for starters, and
    B)Lou Dobbs(CNN reporter) reported on it as well.
    C)NATO has as much control over US actions as the league of nations had over Nazi Germany's.
    D)Consider the current administrations total dismissal of the US's immigration laws.
    E)North American Union impossible? Then explain how the European Union, African Union and soon to be Asian Union all exist or will soon? What, North America is the only country that will remain untouched by corporate interests and banking cartels? Please dude they already run the country.

If your wondering why it's not common knowledge, consider the fact fact that nearly all cable tv channels are owned by 5 major corporations. 4 of which donated around 2 billion to get GW bush elected. It's real dude. Do some research and get ready to exchange your dollars for Ameros.

Lamanz's Avatar Biarchus

C)NATO has as much control over US actions as the league of nations had over Nazi Germany's.
    The comparison works...but I dislike the comparison the Nazi Germany...

Asian Union? The Asian Cooperation Dialogue can be hardly called that.

All these organizations in any case aren't trying to mush together the countries of their respective continents the way anti-NAU advocates try to push the idea of the NAU.

The trump card against the NAU is Mexican immigration, and Central and South American Immigrants who travel North via Mexico to USA.

Regardless of Bush's immigration policies, his time is just about over.

Already run the country? God, this is sounding more and more like a conspiracy theory every moment. If corporations run the country, that is only because the majority of us are in corporations, and because USA & Canada are Capitalist.

5 major corporations? Let hear them.

Let's also see some links. I want to see proof to what you're saying (and please not that 20 minute bull powerpoint, b/c I've already seen that). Despite what you may believe, this is not common knowledge, and I think for good reason (namely because it's bullocks )

Sig made by XKillerX

"

just hate getting pwn'd by AI merchants

thelonius viking, and Lamanz need to get a room

neoptolemos's Avatar Breatannach Romanus

I would like to see capable merchants when you train them in a city with Merchant`s Guild or Greater Markets(As far i know there is nowhere such an improvment
    Quem faz injúria vil e sem razão,Com forças e poder em que está posto,Não vence; que a vitória verdadeira É saber ter justiça nua e inteira-He who, solely to oppress,Employs or martial force, or power, achieves No victory; but a true victory Is gained,when justice triumphs and prevails.
    Luís de Camões

Lamanz's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by born2dive67 View Post
    just hate getting pwn'd by AI merchants

thelonius viking, and Lamanz need to get a room
    Quote Originally Posted by FROM FUTURAMA
    Couple: We have a room!

Bender: Then lose some weight!
    Great quote.

Sig made by XKillerX

"

Subuatai de Bodemloze's Avatar No rest for the wicked
    50 degrees, 26.2 minutes North, 119 degrees, 12.4 minutes West

Icon4 Re: merchants

If that were to happen I think you might see droves of people moving into the mountains and becoming Guerrillas.. We would make every yank pay in blood for every square meter of land. Alternantly.. we could just blow up the power stations and poison the water wait a few days then march to washinton and burn the White house down Again... ** remembering 1812 fondly **