Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Crusade on Costantinople

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: The Crusade on Costantinople

On second though I'll probably make it conditional on if ERE is under AI control or not. If its under player control I will spawn pain. Will probably diversify the Latin stacks and give them some ERE and KoJ troopers.

Campidoctor

so no latin Empire unless you are ERE, Mongols come no matter what, why is this any different?

Shouldnt there be some sort of condition atleast to see if the crusades should even attack ERE? What if they are allied with KOJ? Why should allies of KOJ attack their allies? Perhaps if they were at war or something? -Leon

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tobolight View Post
    so no latin Empire unless you are ERE, Mongols come no matter what, why is this any different?
    Not quite sure what you're saying here buddy.

The Sixth Wizard's Avatar Semisalis

Latin Empire will be an emergent faction, so they won't be part of the KoJ anyway.

Oh and I'm pretty sure Mirage41 said that the crusaders would come whatever control the ERE was under...
    Third Age: Total War! (!!!!)

If its under player control I will spawn pain.
    Excellent maps from Wiki:

ERE, 1173 A.D (2 turns before start of game)

Nice.

And then in 1215 after Latin invasion:

I'd say script crusader armies in Crete and Rhodes, also make Trebizond and the cities west of Constantinople rebel if Constantinople is taken. Send six or so rebel armies or so to the capital. This should eat up those Roman dogs... Hell, I feel like going to try to script those armies in now.

I've no respect for bullies...

Who are the Justinian43?

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sixth Wizard View Post
    Excellent maps from Wiki:

ERE, 1173 A.D (2 turns before start of game)

Nice.

And then in 1215 after Latin invasion:

I'd say script crusader armies in Crete and Rhodes, also make Trebizond and the cities west of Constantinople rebel if Constantinople is taken. Send six or so rebel armies or so to the capital. This should eat up those Roman dogs... Hell, I feel like going to try to script those armies in now.

I've no respect for bullies...
    Nevermind that, Armenia proper did not exist as an independent polity for over a hundred years at the point of your first map, and a de facto independent state existed in Cilicia...

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

wow, it looks like the eastern romans got owned by their fellow christians. talk about betrayal of the worst kind.
    fear is helluva drug
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by craziii View Post
    wow, it looks like the eastern romans got owned by their fellow christians. talk about betrayal of the worst kind.
    Indeed. Or in the words of John Julius Norwhich from "Byzantium: the decline and fall"
    "By it's sack, Western civilization suffered a loss greater than the sack of Rome by the barbarians in the fifth century or the burning of the library in Alexandria by the soldiers of the Prophet in in the seventh - perhaps the most catastrophic single loss in all history.
    Politically, too, the damage done was incalculable. Although Latin rule along the Bosphorus was to last less than sixty years, the Byzantine Empire never recovered it's strenght, or any considerable part of it's lost dominion. Under firm and forcefull leadership - which would not be lacking in the century to come - a strong and prosperus Byzantium might have halted to the Turkish advance while there was still time. Instead the Empire was left economically crippled, territorially truncated, powerless to defend itself against the Ottoman tide. There are few greater ironies in history than the fact that the fate of Eastern Christendom should have been sealed - and half Europe condemned to some five hundred years of Muslim rule - by men who fought under the banner of the Cross."

Phew! Loads of typing.
    Last edited by Fetrik; February 09, 2008 at 02:54 AM. Reason: spelling and such

Quote Originally Posted by craziii View Post
    It bears mentioning that the Romans were not saints, though nobody really was in that period. I would argue that the 4th Crusade was not simply delivered by greed or evilness but also the increasing bitterness held to the Roman empire for what the Latins perceived as betrayal at the hands of the Romans for treating the Franks as yet another player in the politics of the Middle East. And of course their treatment of their fellow East Christians in Armenia.

They should have played nice.
    Last edited by Ahiga; February 09, 2008 at 03:09 AM.

Hansa's Avatar Campidoctor

I have to echo John I Tzimisces here and say that them maps shown here should be disregarded, especially the first one. Occitania as France, and almost complete HRE dominance over Northern Italy WTF. It just has to many ovewrsimplifications, bordering on being utterly fallacious.
    GEIR HASUND!

By the way, though my avatar might indicate so, I am not a citizen of Germany, though my ancestry have a branch in this great nation.

Kip's Avatar Idea missing.

I don't think those maps were meant to be complex, on account of them being made on MSPaint.

Hey cut me some slack here, the maps were from Wiki, I had no idea as to their accuracy...

And on another subject, 60 years is 120 turns gametime. (!)
    Third Age: Total War! (!!!!)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12