Thread: new units for the Moors?

Default new units for the Moors?

Will you be adding any new units to the Moors roster? I dunno what exactly but maybe a couple units from the egyptians and turks in the crusade campaign?

Default Re: new units for the Moors?

Thats an idea, but I don't plan on making anymore updates for this mod unless I have to. If people want new factions and units they will have to add them in themselves.

Dave

Could you not sneak a few moorish unit updates in with the Americas update your working on? I thought of one thing that really needs changing. The Urban Militia, when you upgrade their armour, they look just like Christian Guards. That sucks, I was thinking maybe they could have the armour of the upgraded Crossbow Militia (the one with the helmets like ww1 soldiers) so they still look "militia like" and not exactly like the christian guard. sorry for my poor descriptions lol. They could be given the mangonel as well.

Good points Goatsie, I remember once playing the Moors and getting really confused when the UM upgraded.

Their roster is also fairly dull. Giving them some swordsmen, like Sudanese Tribesmen, would help, since there's a lot of duplication in their spear units.

I really like their roster actually, their my favorite faction in the game I like the mix of Eastern and Western Units, you get lots of light infantry and skirmish type troops as well as some fairly decent infantry, if you know how to use them right they can be a formidable army to fight Unfortunately when they are controlled by the AI they suck lol.

Hi guys,

The moors were one faction that did not recieve any attention in Kingdoms (because they didn't feature) or in my Kingdoms Grand campaign Mod. The only addition to their unit roster has been mangonels. Also Dismounted Tuareg were left out the construction tree in my campaign. What about adding them, should I bother? Also Sudanese Tribesmen for the moors does sound like a nice idea.

Edit: On second thoughts I don't think adding Dismounted Tuareg (another spear unit) would be worth it.

Dave
    Last edited by Dave Scarface; February 05, 2008 at 08:45 AM.

Default lets turn this into a thread dedicated to the moors

@Goatsie,

While we are talking about the moors may I ask you how you find the campaign, challenging? I have not had chance to play every single campaign yet, especially making all these updates I wonder what you think about starting off at war against an allied Spain and Portugal? And do the italians ever give you any trouble? Also this AI from Lusted makes all catholic factions not want to ally with muslims so it must be tough on you. Do you think you can beat the campaign? I would like to hear your answers to some of these questions

Dave
    Last edited by Dave Scarface; February 05, 2008 at 02:53 PM.