Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Playing as the Mongols in BC

Default Re: Playing as the Mongols in BC

Yeah I experienced the same thing and I don't think there is away around it. I remember in Kingdoms hot-seat you could select a option to turn off/on auto resolve. If that being a Kingdoms feature only, then we'll just have to live with auto resolve while defending.

Achilla's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by mirage41 View Post
    I will probably make certain factions playable "via" initial start factions. So for example if I add the new "Sultanate of Delhi" it would be playable via the Ghorid Sultanate. Basically in 1206 a rebellion by this new faction would emerge and you'd be given a question "Do you wish to join the Delhi Sultanate" and if you click yes the script would automatically transport you to the new Delhi faction.

Same thing could work for Ayyubids to Mamluks, Turks to Ottomans, etc.
    What about Delhi Sultanate if for instance I start game as Chauhans and bash the Ghorids ? And is it possible for the AI to change their standings? I heard that Kalmar Union thing in Kingdoms worked for players, but never for the AI(so Denmark AI could never from Union)
    Man is but a shadow of his former self, encased in feverish delusions of grandeur.
    Ignorance is your shield, knowledge is your weapon.
    Heart without reason is stupid, reason without heart is blind.

Indefinitely Banned

The Delhi Sultanate was a muslim successor state of the Ghorids, so it has no links with the Chauhan Rajputs which are the pre-islamic invasion rulers of Delhi. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delhi_Sultanate

I would only let the Delhi sultanate arise if and only if Delhi is under Ghorid control.
    Last edited by Miraj; February 10, 2008 at 05:15 AM.

So will delhi and a few other provinces revolt under ghorid control and become the new sultanate?

Campidoctor

I don't know if this has happened to you guys but when I enabled hotseat mode any battles that are initiated by the AI that involve you are autoresolved, including whether you execute or sack.

For example I laid siege to a settlement and waited it out and on the last turn the AI sallied forth but the game just autoresolved it and automatically sacked the settlement for me when I won.

Anyway to stop this?
    Hello Mirage41

I've played hotseat quite a bit, and I set up my .cfg file like this...

[multiplayer]
    playable = true

[hotseat]
    turns = 0
    scroll = 0
    autoresolve_battles = 0
    disable_console = 0
    disable_papal_elections = 0
    save_prefs = 1
    update_ai_camera = 1
    validate_diplomacy = 1

I've found this tends to get rid of most issues in hotseat except that only the first user faction may participate in papal elections, which is mute in BC due to the fact that the pope isn't available. After looking at your setup, I think the biggest problem is turns =1. Turning this on always seems to cause problems. Disabling it should stop the various auto resolve issues.

Indefinitely Banned

Thanks CDman!

I followed the instructions, and I am playing the campaign for Mongols now. It's going pretty fast, no one can stop us. One word of warning, though, in BC you can't build Mongol units. But in the original Medieval:II you can. Of course, units don't have the same stats. I'm going to try and conquer the whole world, though!

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Can they recruit mercs?

"And the Heavens Shall Tremble"
    Resistance is futile™

"ehn sewr traih-sluyrds-lairareh"

Ramah's Avatar Libertus

I will probably make certain factions playable "via" initial start factions. So for example if I add the new "Sultanate of Delhi" it would be playable via the Ghorid Sultanate. Basically in 1206 a rebellion by this new faction would emerge and you'd be given a question "Do you wish to join the Delhi Sultanate" and if you click yes the script would automatically transport you to the new Delhi faction.

I am not sure of this, but didn't the Seljuk empire splinter into smaller, more regional factions? It would be cool to control one of these smaller states.

sirfiggin's Avatar Senator

when do the mongols emerge?

Yes, but merc's have support costs, while most Mongol units do not.
    I am stuck without defensive battles, though. I'm pretty sure I set "turns = 1".

Mongols emerge around turn 70 in MedievalII, and about year 1222 in BC.

calamiga's Avatar Civis

Originally Posted by mirage41

Wow, that would be awesome!
    Is this planned for 1.1 or 2.0?

sirfiggin's Avatar Senator

thankyou, templarmike

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123