Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: YATS RPG Update!

Kritias's Avatar Petite bourgeois

Icon4 YATS RPG Update!

Vos Saluto,Senators!I hope you all thrive?Good.

I got this message yesterday from Winter:ARE YOU INTERESTED...
    In helping me with a total overhaul of the senate? I think if we ourselves lay the ground rules, making them stable and fair, and advertise well, we could get this thing off the ground again. I understand that you are busy, and I'm sure I can find someone else if you don't want to.

I just feel like we let our long term members down. We should give it one more real try, don't you think?

Anyway, tell me what you think.

Winter
    It couldn't have been more true and close to my own feelings as I was missing the senate terribly all these days!After some PMs we decided not to give up and take all measures required to make the Senate the "Top Notch" RPG here on TWC as it once was.

This effort won't be an easy one,make no mistake.We will need your dedication,participation and your patience now more than ever.However,we are determined to give the people the feeling of the summer's time Senate sessions and in the name of Iupiter we shall not falter!

Now,this is what we have succeeded today:

I.Our new signatures from Maximilian I.
    II.One more Forum.
    III.The re-organization of the whole forums;you will now see that there's no chaos as it used to be.
    IV.Winter and I are getting the basic stuff figured out now(may take several days though.)

In general,what I am trying to say is this:WE ARE BACK!It may not be tomorrow or the day after that but we are back!Remember -- have patience as we try to short things out and more importantly try to visit our forums as much as possible;I will give from time to time updates for what we are doing.

Valete Patres,

Fabius.
    Under the valued patronage of Abdülmecid I

Winter's Avatar Civitate

Default Re: YATS RPG Update!

If any of you guys are interested in helping the process along, we could really use some help! PM me or Fabius Maximus/whatever Gracchus is calling himself these days and tell us that you want to help!

Your assistance can speed this progress along, which is what we all want.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Jeb View Post
    Hah, you're always so helpful to threads Winter. No wonder you got citizen!

The Good's Avatar the Bad and the Ugly

I almost forgot about this, but expect me to return.

Xavier Dragnesi's Avatar Esse quam videre

I'm here. I know I'm still new to the Senate, and haven't held any roles or anything, but I'd like to know how I can help so that we can get this RPG up and running again.

@Lucius Julius,
    Glad to see you are back!

@Xavier Dragnesi,

I like your dedication -- keep it up,matey! Now,we are currently figuring out the basic stuff with winter so there isn't much you can do except to go to this thread and propose anything you would like to see in the RPG.

I am back from exile. Older, and rusty, but back to hold the flag of Rome during the future times reserved for us, Senators.
    "Romans not only easily conquered those who fought by cutting, but mocked them too. For the cut, even delivered with force, frequently does not kill, when the vital parts are protected by equipment and bone. On the contrary, a point brought to bear is fatal at two inches; for it is necessary that whatever vital parts it penetrates, it is immersed. Next, when a cut is delivered, the right arm and flank are exposed. However, the point is delivered with the cover of the body and wounds the enemy before he sees it."

- Flavius Vegetius Renatus (in Epitoma Rei Militari, ca. 390)

68 Powers's Avatar Campidoctor

I knew it wouldent last long haha.
    good to be back looking forward to arguing with you all again!
    ‡Peace on earth - Death to the Enemy!‡

Quote Originally Posted by 68 Powers View Post
    I knew it wouldent last long haha.
    good to be back looking forward to arguing with you all again!
    Hello again, Cato. The future looks promising, I know .
    "Romans not only easily conquered those who fought by cutting, but mocked them too. For the cut, even delivered with force, frequently does not kill, when the vital parts are protected by equipment and bone. On the contrary, a point brought to bear is fatal at two inches; for it is necessary that whatever vital parts it penetrates, it is immersed. Next, when a cut is delivered, the right arm and flank are exposed. However, the point is delivered with the cover of the body and wounds the enemy before he sees it."

Oh,its Cato!How nice!The debate-wars will rise again!

Senators, I propose we call an Assembly of all members to discuss our new Constitution, and what shall be changed in the future before we start the game.

I agree. <Blowing of horns> Calling all senators!

Caesar Rex's Avatar Campidoctor

Wonderful.....
    May Rome prospur under our Rule
    Co-Founder and Leader at Clan Dream (Multi-National Online Gaming Community)

Voice Chat @ Discord

68 Powers's Avatar Campidoctor

@ Voltaire & Fabius : Ah! old freinds and enemies looking forward as always haha. when we will be getting this thing on the road? :hmmm:
    ‡Peace on earth - Death to the Enemy!‡

@68 powers,

In any case, no more than a month. We are already shorting out the game mechanics - once this is done, we can begin!

Caesar Rex's Avatar Campidoctor

please please please
    tell me we not starting from scratch again
    an ideal starting point i think would be to control sicily, sardinia, italia proper, cisalpine gaul, a foothold in greece and africa... I believe those would give us more than enough enemies knocking at out door and more than enough proconsulates
    Co-Founder and Leader at Clan Dream (Multi-National Online Gaming Community)

Voice Chat @ Discord

We won't be starting from scratch, fear not! I have thought about this and the best way I see it is to make a petition thread, asking for a save game with an advanced Roman Empire or maybe a hot seat situation to start from. I believe that starting the RPG in an already going campaign will make the whole story far more interesting!

And so we then use the petition to get a save game from someone else right?

You lost me there... We could ask for a save game to get the RPG campaign started, there will be no need to ask again after we have started. Or you mean something else?:hmmm:

Winter's Avatar Civitate

Or someone could start now, provided we choose a mod soon...

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Jeb View Post
    Hah, you're always so helpful to threads Winter. No wonder you got citizen!

Quote Originally Posted by Fabius Maximus View Post
    You lost me there... We could ask for a save game to get the RPG campaign started, there will be no need to ask again after we have started. Or you mean something else?:hmmm:
    What I meant was that we would ask someone else who plays Roma Surrectum for a save game to continue this RPG. I think that's what you said above...

I'm still sorting out my Roma Surrectum mod. It doesn't seem to be working Oh well. I will get it working within a month.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast