Thread: Why not implement factions from another mod?

King Yngvar's Avatar Senator

Default Why not implement factions from another mod?

I've read that there was no plan to include any more factions from kingdoms, but what if the factions are implemented from other mods.
    What about taking Norway, Ireland, Lithuania, Teutonic Order and Aragon from Stainless Steel and Sweden from Clouds Across Europe?

Default Re: Why not implement factions from another mod?

Sorry but my answer is a very clear no! this is not what I had planned for my mod. This has already been done before in mods like SS or DLV, I would only be adding the same stuff as them over again. I want my mod to have a different feel to it. And besides my work is almost done on this mod. I want to give myself a little break from modding after all the hard work and hours upon hours of testing I have put into this mod.

Dave

edders's Avatar Senator

Shame. I understand you not adding mini factions like Ireland/Wales but no Teutons are a bummer. Out of interest, why did you choose to add both Crusader factions? Wouldn't one have been sufficient? :p

Like you say though, all that hard work means you need a very long rest! Good work and thanks for an excellent, well balanced mod

vietanh797's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by edders View Post
    Shame. I understand you not adding mini factions like Ireland/Wales but no Teutons are a bummer. Out of interest, why did you choose to add both Crusader factions? Wouldn't one have been sufficient? :p

Like you say though, all that hard work means you need a very long rest! Good work and thanks for an excellent, well balanced mod
    do you think that Teutons and both Crusader factions happen in same time
    no Teutons not at thí time
    Empire II and Medieval III pls

The reason I added both the Kingdom of Jerusalem and Antioch is because I loved both of these new factions in Kingdoms. The whole theme of my mod is based around troubled times for the crusaders in the Holy land. I think its really cool having Antioch in the north fighting the turks led by Nur adDin and Jerusalem trying to hold off Saladin in Jerusalem.

No, I think the idea of having a crusader faction instead sounds more boring to me. Plus I think my mod is the only one that adds Antioch in as a faction to the grand campaign. So its pretty unique in that sense and makes it different to other grand campaign mods, that all near enough seem to offer the same thing.

The Teutonic order are not really a proper faction anyway, and not needed. I think people just love their cool units. If I would have added anymore factions I would have added Ireland and Norway before the Teutonic order.

Dave
    Last edited by Dave Scarface; February 03, 2008 at 12:35 PM.

edders's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by dave scarface View Post
    The reason I added both the Kingdom of Jerusalem and Antioch is because I loved both of these new factions in Kingdoms. The whole theme of my mod is based around troubled times for the crusaders in the Holy land. I think its really cool having Antioch in the north fighting the turks led by Nur adDin and Jerusalem trying to hold off Saladin in Jerusalem.

No, I think the idea of having a crusader faction instead sounds more boring to me. Plus I think my mod is the only one that adds Antioch in as a faction to the grand campaign. So its pretty unique in that sense and makes it different to other grand campaign mods, that all near enough seem to offer the same thing.

The Teutonic order are not really a proper faction anyway, and not needed. I think people just love their cool units. If I would have added anymore factions I would have added Ireland and Norway before the Teutonic order.

Dave
    Well, that's true - I just love their units As a faction I guess they add very little since Riga and the surrounding regions tend to be contested by the Poles and Ruskies pretty early on.

Hey and don't forget Denmark they are always looking to take the few rebel regions around the Baltic early on.

And about Teutoic order units I came very close to adding them into the recruitment tree for the HRE. But I have already given them Gothic Knights in the campaign so did not want to make HRE's units too superior to everyone else.

Dave
    Last edited by Dave Scarface; February 04, 2008 at 12:28 PM.

Tiny suggestion: If possible, You could make some famous Teutonic units recruitable for HRE, only when they capture Thorn or Konigsberg. Same could be for Poland (or atleast something similiar) because at the year 1466 they became polish wassals and their armies was at polish kings command.

I did actually make the teutonic knights chapter house available to Poland when I was making a previous update but someone complained about it so I dropped the idea. The problem is you can't really have Teutonic knights or other Teutonic order units fighting against HRE if they go to war. That would be like Templar Knights fighting against Jerusalem it just can't happen. Thanks for your thoughts though.

Dave

Ok i agree. I was only dreaming XD

Still i think that idea about Teutons recruitable for HRE in specified provinces is good.

King Yngvar's Avatar Senator

Sorry but my answer is a very clear no! this is not what I had planned for my mod. This has already been done before in mods like SS or DLV, I would only be adding the same stuff as them over again. I want my mod to have a different feel to it.
    It already has a different feel from all other mods for the following reasons.
    By having more aggressive AI than other mods I've played.
    Starting date, crusader states established + closer up to the arrival of the Mongols (yes, similar to Deus lo Vult, but Deus lo Vult has a nightmarish economy)
    Adding more factions would just add more flavour, and with the ones I'm proposing would make it unique. No mod I've seen has all the four factions of Britannia, all the three factions of Scandinavia, Lithuania plus Jerusalem in it.

And besides my work is almost done on this mod. I want to give myself a little break from modding after all the hard work and hours upon hours of testing I have put into this mod.
    Of course, I can understand this one. Must have taken alot of work doing this all by yourself. Maybe someone else could do it however? Using your mod as a basis...