Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Imperial Might - Rebalancing mod Open-Beta release

Default Imperial Might - Rebalancing mod Open-Beta release

I'd like to announce my vanilla RTW rebalancing mod, Imperial Might. It balances the RTW campaign so hopefully the Gauls and Seleucid Empire will remain longer, the Britons and Egypt won't rampage through the map, and the Roman's won't expand without a fight, but enjoy a slight stalemate. Hopefully.

I have made numerous strat map changes, such as changing ownership of regions, increasing garrisons and armies, changing starting money, and some hidden resource behind the scenes work to help Gaul and Seleucia. Gaul, Germania, Scythia, and Parthia can all form hordes as well.

I have done some rebalancing on the battlemap, but I'd like to add some more units so it is only roughly balanced. I have added the secondary hit-point fix to help some factions with auto-calc hopefully, as well as give Carthage some pushing power.

I have included some mini-mods as well:
    Davy Jones (HorseArcher) Skymod 1.3
    Riczu74's Strat model add-on
    Nebuchednezzar's Mercenary X-Pack
    Darth Frigus' faction symbols and banners.

A big thanks to those modders who granted me permission of their work. Also thanks to makanyane, Aradan, DVK, and others who have helped me along the way with some great ideas.

I am releasing the open-beta to you right now, for some feedback. This is mainly for campaign feedback, but feel free to offer feedback on battles as well. This mod does require BI 1.6, but it is in a mod-folder and thus does not overwrite any vanilla files.

Open-beta 0.8 download link:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=1818

Install to your RTW directory. Copy the BI shortcut on your desktop, and right click and open properties. At the end of the target line, add
    Code:
     -show_err -nm -mod:imp
    right after the RomeTW-BI.exe". Right after the ", include the space before -show_err.

Roman_Man#3
    Last edited by Roman_Man#3; February 01, 2008 at 09:00 PM.
    RIP Calvin, you won't be forgotten.

Default Re: Imperial Might - Rebalancing mod Open-Beta release

Patch 0.9 Released.

Download link:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=1822

This fixes several things I didn't like about the previous release. It includes:
    • Campaign descriptions for factions that missed them
    • Updated campaign and battle balance to provide a longer war between the Roman factions and their standard enemies
    To install the patch, unpack to a safe location. Open the Imperial Might Update 0.9 folder you just unpacked, and copy the data folder to the imp folder found inside your Rome Total War directory. NOT the vanilla data folder! Make sure the folder you're overwriting is inside the imp folder.

It will overwrite a couple of files, let it. I don't think this will be savegame compatible.
    Last edited by Roman_Man#3; February 10, 2008 at 06:00 PM.

oscarreeve's Avatar Getafix Loyal Companion

Great, work roman_man , i will give this a try as soon as i get my rome total war files sorted out.

P.S I always did dislike the way briton use to own half of europe by around 200bc

+rep

My Army ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

webbird's Avatar Senator

curious as i am , i downloaded it too! ;O) cool work!

the file which made me even more curious was your modified version of descr_terrain.txt.

i have some questions now:
    is this your invention or who made it?
    why do you made this changes to the file and what improvements do you got?
    why do you changed also min sea level?
    what was the results when changing lattitude values and why do you made them?

first i used this changes with my Europe270bc version 8.0 mod,
    on the stratmap were no visible differences,
    influence on battlefield view ......i check it out right now, i think it makes all mountains less high and the terrain more flat, is this true?
    map loaded without ctd.

please tell me all about!!!! :O)
    Last edited by webbird; February 10, 2008 at 07:32 AM.

Hiya Webbird,

I didn't really have any reason to change the descr_terrain text file except to see if any changes would take place. TBH, I forgot I had changed the descr_terrain when I released the mod. I didn't notice any changes to note, but I'll keep looking for them.

I was doing it because of this little idea in a thread at the ORG:
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Spot
    little update ...

I first of all have been tempering with the "descr_terrain.txt" file in particuler the following;

heights
    {
    min_sea_height -3122.256
    max_land_height 7511.272
    }

and roughly doubled the values, perhaps well known but I just figured out these values dictate how big the difference between heights will be on your campaign map (and if I may say so "can" have a major impact on how your map feels and looks!)

anyway it made me want to rethink things over and with it I changed my methods to be mostly easier...
    One thing I didn't see in that thread was WimPyTjeH's post about the vanilla numbers until just now:

Quote Originally Posted by WImPyTjeH
    I found a better way.

As you know, this is how vanilla the descr_terrain looks:

Code:
    heights
    {
        min_sea_height  -3122.256
        max_land_height  7511.272
    }
    With some math. you get this: 7511.272 - 3122.256 = 4389.016

You have to make sure, when you make your land higher, you have to make the sea deeper.

So when you want 19999.256 as land height you have to make sure that:

land - sea = 4389.016 -> sea = land - 4389.016

So: 19999.256 - 4389.016 = 15610.24 (so your sea is -15610.24)

When I used vanilla sea but modded land height, I got ugly triangles sticking out everywhere, that's solved this way. You still get some inside water triangles, but that's still 100% better then the traingles sticking out.

W
    I plan to do a bit more testing on it now that I noticed the second part of that.
    Last edited by Roman_Man#3; February 10, 2008 at 01:37 PM.

webbird's Avatar Senator

Thank you for the answer,
    that matter is of great interrest for me because very often i expierienced unreal and strange looking enviroment in battle mode, when you want the stratmap looking good and not very nice mountains on the strat map when you try to create a realistic landscape for the 3d battles.
    Maybe here is a solution to take some nice influence on the landscape and get both levels of the game into perfect shape..... i hope :O)
    Let me know if you have further details or results.

webbird's Avatar Senator

i made my first tests with the file and first there was no change........
    and found a very important thing, everybody needs to know when editing that file. Many of us generate maybe the height.hgt file for our maps, if you edit the descr_terrain.txt and the heights.hgt is in the base folder, rtw reads the hight information from the hgt and ignores the descr_terrain.txt changes.

heights.hgt must be deleted before starting the game with edited descr_terrain

then it takes effect and the view can be amazing !!!!
    the changes were visible at strat and battle map........stay tuned !

The God of War's Avatar Tiro

hey roman_man .... i am really excited to try your new mod ..... does it have new skins ???

Kleomenis's Avatar Semisalis

i just found this beta and i am downloading it. i am sure u have made an excellent work. i am gonna give you rep as soon as possible i can
    you are a legend R.M.3

Quote Originally Posted by The God of War View Post
    hey roman_man .... i am really excited to try your new mod ..... does it have new skins ???
    The only new units it has are the new mercs contained in the Mercenary X-Pack. I have also been working on making two new factions with new skins, those might be of interest.

Quote Originally Posted by mixalis79 View Post
    i just found this beta and i am downloading it. i am sure u have made an excellent work. i am gonna give you rep as soon as possible i can
    you are a legend R.M.3
    Thanks. I expect lots of feedback.

I plan on removing the Scipii and converting the Brutii to Roman Rebels. The Senate and Julii will remain in game, and a script will cause a big army or two or four for a big civil war.

Egypt will also be redone. Anybody interested?

i am going to install it tonight, because i was busy lately.
    Edit: i am interested. by the way, where should we report bugs or anything useful? here or in another thread? there is always the option of private messages
    Last edited by Kleomenis; February 24, 2008 at 03:56 PM.

Thanks for your efforts Roman , good luck on this. +rep

Macedonia was,is and will always be Hellenic.
    it is nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.

Post feedback and bugs either here or PM me. Thanks guys.

hi RM3, the campaign is going great and it seems to me very easy since i play M/M. i do all the battles automatically, so i do not know if there can be any crashes if i do them manually. i would like to say that the Numidians were destroyed really fast by Egyptians and Carthagenians at 263!!! i also noticed about these 2 mercenary units i hired this:

and this:

By the way, when i destroyed some factions, i didn't see the small video that was showing the defeat of the faction. just a message it was showing.

OK, thanks. Great to see some feedback.

the phalanx unit was hired next to bylazora city as u see in the picture, while the ballistas was hired in Croton.

Agisilaos's Avatar GREECE - ΕΛΛΑΔΑ

i haven't played it as much as i want because i do not have enough time, but i like it so far
    Macedones were, are and will always be Greeks
    Under the Noble Patronage of jimkatalanos and proud patron of Agis Tournas and cocobongoclub-DJ
    Terrae Expugnandae, Imperial Might, Mythology, Complete Byzantine Roster, Ruins of glory, Sparta 3, Hegemonia City States, Roma Surrectum 2,300 Warlords of Sparta, Sparta 3.5, Classical Age Total War
    watch this
    , this and this
    Τακτική είναι να ξέρεις τι να κάνεις αν υπάρχει κάτι που μπορείς να κάνεις.
    Στρατηγική είναι να ξέρεις τι να κάνεις όταν δεν υπάρχει τίποτα να κάνεις.

Just copy this file into the imp/data/text/ folder. It shouldn't overwrite anything.

yes it worked fine for me. thanks roman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast