Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Faction List

Default Re: Faction List

I have one Idea though, I would like the holy land to be included. It could perhaps be owned all by a "muslim caliphate" that represent all muslim factions. Instead of Cordoba. I love crusading. To make it less powerfull, just have very few regions in south map and give them crappy units

--> Broken Crescent?

sinople's Avatar These Romans are crazy!

Hmm I still think that had Leinster (or any other Irish faction) conquered all Ireland then a Kingdom of Ireland would have emerged. It may not have actually happened but it was perfectly possible.
    Using the same logic as you've used then surely you should have Wales called Gwynedd instead as Wales from rarely united in the Middle Ages.
    Yes but you forget it's a total war, not the history, the aim of this game is to remake the history.

I prefer using Leinster, because we already have lot's of emerging factions and if we use Leinster we don't need to add another emerging faction.

Im happy that finaly some mod aims on Europe and not too many middle-east parts
    Me too

I have one Idea though, I would like the holy land to be included. It could perhaps be owned all by a "muslim caliphate" that represent all muslim factions. Instead of Cordoba. I love crusading. To make it less powerfull, just have very few regions in south map and give them crappy units :original:
    It's a mod on the Europe not on the Holy land.

Icon7 Re: Faction List

Cumans should be there <--- only thing what I got to say

King Yngvar's Avatar Senator

I have one Idea though, I would like the holy land to be included. It could perhaps be owned all by a "muslim caliphate" that represent all muslim factions. Instead of Cordoba. I love crusading. To make it less powerfull, just have very few regions in south map and give them crappy units
    Definately like the idea, as long as it is just one faction representing them all. That way there would not be wasted any faction slots. Wales going on a crusade against the holy land.. Where have we ever seen that before

People - This mod is called EUROPE total war - no more middle eastern factions. Go play broken crescent or whatever

Who said anything about MORE middle eastern factions. What he suggested (i think) was having one BIG middle eastern faction representing them all. Got it?

My mistake... but I think it will be too powerful

sinople's Avatar These Romans are crazy!

I repeat it's a mod on the Europe, just on the Europe.

After the release perhaps if someone want to make it, why not, but not me.

Insurgent's Avatar Miles
    Universe-Galaxy-Earth-Europe-UK-Wales-Cardiff

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Basil View Post
    Surely making European mod you want to best represent how Europe was and Wales didn't really have much of an impact on Europe.
    Wales and France became allies for a little, and together they came close to conquering all of England. A large army of Welsh and French marched together into England led by Owain Glyndwr, however the English were afraid to launch an attack on the army and strategically attempted to starve them out. And so the army did starve and had to flee back to Wales. Coming close to conquering England is a pretty tough thing to do and so I think Wales should be included.

Another reason they should be included is because they invented the strongest bows of Medieval times. Although the longbow wasn't invented by the Welsh, the Welsh invented a much stronger longbow- a bow stronger that any of its predecessors.

They also held the line against most of the 'invaders' through use of their mountainous scenery and good use of light armour and longbows.

P.S Good luck with the modding guys, it looks cool
    Last edited by Insurgent; February 19, 2008 at 11:39 AM.

Yes, the Welsh has to be included.

I repeat it's a mod on the Europe, just on the Europe.

After the release perhaps if someone want to make it, why not, but not me.
    Alright, I get your point, probably releases more provinces for Europe due to the max province limit. Well there is still Cordoba to crusade against, and some pagans like Lithuania

General_Vladimir's Avatar Miles

lol crazy heated conversation here

Yeh guys its Europe: Total War. Although probably in the 2nd version Ottomans will appear in the eastern corridors of the Eastern Roman Empire the islamic influence won't be much in the game at all. Depends though once the Ottomans come how the Byzantines act to the armies. Will they strike or fall back?

But yeh It'll be awesome and real interesting
    Emperor of the Total War clan, the Warriors Of Troy!!!Warriors of Troy are Recruiting!! We are a Total War Clan
    Forums: http://warriorsoftroy.myfreeforum.org/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by Insurgent View Post
    Wales and France became allies for a little, and together they came close to conquering all of England. A large army of Welsh and French marched together into England led by Owain Glyndwr, however the English were afraid to launch an attack on the army and strategically attempted to starve them out. And so the army did starve and had to flee back to Wales. Coming close to conquering England is a pretty tough thing to do and so I think Wales should be included.
    They came close to securing Welsh independence not conquering England. The Welsh also wanted to strengthen their independence but never really had the ambition to conquer all England, mainly because it was unrealistic. Neither did Scotland for that matter but then, been more powerful, Scotland played a larger role in diplomacy and strategy between England and France.
    Essentially I think Wales has no more right to be there than Brittany does. I think it would be better to have Wales as a strong group of rebels similar to the rebels in the PDER mod. They've managed to get a load of minor factions that would be great to see in the game if there wasn't a faction limit but all under the rebel faction. They all act and look like separate factions too.

Quote Originally Posted by Insurgent View Post
    They came close to securing Welsh independence not conquering England. The Welsh also wanted to strengthen their independence but never really had the ambition to conquer all England, mainly because it was unrealistic. Neither did Scotland for that matter but then, been more powerful, Scotland played a larger role in diplomacy and strategy between England and France.
    Essentially I think Wales has no more right to be there than Brittany does. I think it would be better to have Wales as a strong group of rebels similar to the rebels in the PDER mod. They've managed to get a load of minor factions that would be great to see in the game if there wasn't a faction limit but all under the rebel faction. They all act and look like separate factions too.

Venta Icenor Um's Avatar Civis

When i first saw Wales in the faction list i thought WALES?!!! have they gone mad, but then i saw sense and decided, Hang on, might actually make for an interesting campaign, since they were more united than Ireland was, i do believe they have more right to be in than Ireland, as i see them as sort of the British Isle's 'underdogs'
    Those who live by the sword, Play Total War

General_Vladimir's Avatar Miles

Nicely said Both of them will play a part though so should be great
    Emperor of the Total War clan, the Warriors Of Troy!!!Warriors of Troy are Recruiting!! We are a Total War Clan
    Forums: http://warriorsoftroy.myfreeforum.org/index.php

Insurgent's Avatar Miles
    Universe-Galaxy-Earth-Europe-UK-Wales-Cardiff

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Basil View Post
    No it was all planned. England would be conquered by the Welsh and French and split into three- shared between Glyndwr and the French Monarch. The Welsh/French army invaded England and came close to conquering it however they were more or less starved out at Woodbury hill before they could do battle.

Hansa's Avatar Campidoctor

Interesting mod, will your map not cover North Africa and the Near East at all?

Anyways I have a few points regarding the faction list, that I would have changed, just offering my opinions here.

Make Sweden, and Lithuania emerging. Sweden should emerge around 1200, Lithuania, perhaps a scripted emerging related to christian incursion into the Baltics or the Baltic Crusades.

Id also loose Croatia, and pop it into Hungary, and loose Leinster (unimportant) and Friesland (HRE), Id also replace the Brabant with the Duchy of Flanders. I am fine with Wales. If you want to represent the fragmentation of Western Europe at 1100, I suppose that perhaps regions like Occitiana (Provence/Toulouse) or Champagne or a state like Navarre would be good candidates for factions. The Cumans would also make a nice addition depending on how far east the map goes.

Also. As has been stated here, the Northern Italian city states were under the HRE, formally. So were Bohemia, and Friesland, again formally. And Aquitaine was formally under the King of France. If the Italian city states hadf acted like they were de facto under the HRE, Id say that there would have been no Barbarossa campaigns against them, and there were several. Many of the Italian city states formally under the HRE, were never subjected to the will of the emperor in reality, Id add at least Genoa.
    GEIR HASUND!

By the way, though my avatar might indicate so, I am not a citizen of Germany, though my ancestry have a branch in this great nation.

Nah, Sweden should not be emerging. In 1080 it was a unified kingdom.

and loose Leinster (unimportant) and Friesland (HRE),
    Leinster adds uniqueness. So does Friesland.

Id also replace the Brabant with the Duchy of Flanders
    Agreed.
    Last edited by King Yngvar; February 25, 2008 at 01:49 AM.
    It's redundant to write your username at the end of your post,
    if I wanted to see your name I'd look to the left of my screen.

Hansa's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by King Yngvar View Post
    Nah, Sweden should not be emerging. In 1080 it was a unified kingdom.
    Not really, read Bagge, Sverre The Scandinavian Kingdoms in The New Cambridge Medieval History Vol 5. 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by King Yngvar View Post
    Leinster adds uniqueness. So does Friesland.
    Ok, both true, just pointing out my opinions
    GEIR HASUND!

By the way, though my avatar might indicate so, I am not a citizen of Germany, though my ancestry have a branch in this great nation.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast