Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Faction List

Default Re: Faction List

Quote Originally Posted by sinople View Post
    I based myself on this map :

As you can see at this date, Italia was under the HRE
    I don't see Wales nor Ireland on this map, but I see Bosnia (between Croatia and Rashka, below Hungary). Wales and Ireland are divided in small lordships and usually under Viking and Norman (English) invasion. While Bosnia is, in this time, just cristalizing her self as autonomous state from Hungary and Byzantines.

See this: Nikola Lasvanin, "Ljetopis", page 96. (English: Nikola Lasvanin, "Chronicle", page 96.)

In this book, on page 96, it says: "In year 1059. Andre, Hungarian King was killed by Bela, new Hungarian King---Also, in this year 1059. Petar Kresimir IV. was King of Croatia and Dalmatia, a son of King Stjepan----1059. Bosnians accepted to be vassals to Hungary, but with one condition, that they can choose among them selves their own ruler (Ban), so, they chose Ivan Kotromanic as Bosnian Ban".

In 1070+ Bosnia was Banate under Hungarian patronate, they were Hungarian vassals. Yet, between 1082-1085, when Konstantin Bodin became King of Dioclea, he conquered Bosnia and Rashka/Serbia while Bosnian Ban Ivan Kotromanic flew to Hungary. Then, Bodin sets a new Bosnian Ban Stjepan (1.) to be his vassal. In Rashka (Serbia) he sets Zupan Vukan to be his vassal. Sources:

1. Deinde caepit Bosnam posuitque ibi Stephanum knezium. Presbyteri Diocleatis regnum Slav., Lucius page 300. - - -
    - - - Franjo Racki, "Borba juznih Slovjena za drzavnu neovisnost u XI. vijeku (Rad, jug. akad. XXX. page 93.) (English: Franjo Racki "Struggle of South Slavs for their independence in XI. century (Rad, Yugoslav Academy XXX. page 93.)

Also see: Vjekoslav Klaic, "Poviest Bosne do propasti kraljevstva", page 45. (English: Vjekoslav Klaic, "History of Bosnia till the end of its Kingdom", page 45.).
    Last edited by sportsman81; October 08, 2011 at 08:55 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345