Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Faction List

sinople's Avatar These Romans are crazy!

Default Faction List

For 1.0 :

The factions :
    1- Ireland
    2- Aragon
    3- Hre
    4- England
    5- France
    6- Venice
    7- Denmark
    8- Sweden
    9- Norway
    10- Teutonic Order (emerging faction)
    11- Spain
    12- Portugal
    13- Caliphate of Cordoue
    14- Poland
    15- Serbia
    16- Hungary
    17- Bulgaria
    18- Sicilia
    19- The Brabant
    20- Croatia
    21- Scotland
    22- Kiev
    23- Papal States
    24- Lithuania
    25- Byzance
    26- Duchy of Guyenne/ Aquitania
    27- Swiss Conf. (emerging faction > 1291)
    28- Clippings/Friesland
    29- Wales
    30- Duchy of Bohemia
    31- Rebels
    Last edited by sinople; May 29, 2008 at 05:32 AM.

General_Vladimir's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Faction List

And as I recommended before Kiev and the surrounding regions as I was before told, "Kieven Rus" but I'll knock down it again for you
    Emperor of the Total War clan, the Warriors Of Troy!!!Warriors of Troy are Recruiting!! We are a Total War Clan
    Forums: http://warriorsoftroy.myfreeforum.org/index.php

I just pu kiev but I wanted to say Kievan Rus'

Awesome Thats wicked then
    Emperor of the Total War clan, the Warriors Of Troy!!!Warriors of Troy are Recruiting!! We are a Total War Clan

Why Wales? This is a rather minor faction. Surely there is a larger faction that's more deserving?

I'm assuming that the tighter focus on Europe and exclusion of the futher east and Islamic areas is at least partly intended to free up space for depicting smaller European factions with less macrohistoric impact, such as Gwynedd/Wales. ?

Antagonist
    "is ait an mac an saol"

"If you grow tired of how you live, then follow me, and we will show you a different way."

Arthurian: Total War
    Wrath of the Norsemen
    Viking Invasion II

I think Europe: Total War is one of the mods that will finally validate the 'insuperior' forces in history Wales is a good one. It came in Kingdoms in the Britannia campaign so why not I think its a great idea.

Yes that is true Antagonist; right on the spot Europe: Total War - Wars of Corruption is supposed to be one that looks at Europe at this time, and because it excludes the more eastern factions (except Ottomans emerge because historically they took alot of Europe) there is much more room for minor factions which existed and as thus got a play in the mod

Thats why I joined to help make this mod and why I love it

I think Europe: Total War is one of the mods that will finally validate the 'insuperior' forces in history :original: Wales is a good one. It came in Kingdoms in the Britannia campaign so why not I think its a great idea.

Yes that is true Antagonist; right on the spot :original: Europe: Total War - Wars of Corruption is supposed to be one that looks at Europe at this time, and because it excludes the more eastern factions (except Ottomans emerge because historically they took alot of Europe) there is much more room for minor factions which existed and as thus got a play in the mod

Thats why I joined to help make this mod and why I love it
    Exactly

Yeah ok I can accept that. Gives it a uniqueness from other mods of similar ilk. However, I was more thinking of other European factions instead. I realise that you want to give some of the smaller factions a chance but I don't believe there is any room for a faction as small as Wales on a European map. I go to university in Wales and have studied a bit of Welsh medieval history and it's mainly internal fighting with a degree of interaction with England. Surely making European mod you want to best represent how Europe was and Wales didn't really have much of an impact on Europe. I similarly think this of Leister but I also like an Irish faction because it adds balance to the British Isles and doesn't make Ireland a place of easy conquest. Anyway I noticed there was neither Milan or Genoa on your faction list. Surely one or both of these factions are important because of the impact they had on Europe and they add balance to northern Italy?

BTW will Leister become the Kingdom of Ireland if it conquers all Ireland? It seems, had Leister conquered Ireland, it would have become the Kingdom of Ireland.

Would be better to do Kingdom of Ireland than Leinster, because, frictious and rebellious as it might have been, there was a High Kingship in true effect at this point in time.
    Last edited by talaananthes; February 11, 2008 at 10:05 AM.

King Yngvar's Avatar Senator

[quote]I noticed there was neither Milan or Genoa on your faction list. Surely one or both of these factions are important because of the impact they had on Europe and they add balance to northern Italy?quote]

There's enough italophile mods out there, I rather like seeing all my wishlist of factions coming through for once (norway, sweden, ireland and wales).

I based myself on this map :

As you can see at this date, Italia was under the HRE

Indeed it was. Although their powers were every increasing (such as Florence and the such) Italy was under the rule of the HRE until the time of Italian rebellion and independence.

Therefore as Sinople said Milan would be historically inaccurate to make as a seperate faction. Rather Milan will be a capital of one of the regions instead, one of the settlements in one of the regions.

In terms of Ireland it itself was invaded by the King of England; King Henry the II at 1171-1541. So therefore it would be historically inaccurate to call the Ireland region part of the Kingdom of Ireland at that period

Plus, a Kingdom of Ireland did not exist until 1541!! The only two things that existed before that was the 'Lordship of Ireland' which was under King Henry the II, but mainly at the time of the mod in 1070 ACE it was called Gaelic Ireland. There was no such 'unified' Ireland. There was a 'high king' but no unified state in itself. The only thing that was unified was this stature. But there were many many different clans; in which one main and powerful one was Leinster

Until then take it easy and enjoy
    Last edited by General_Vladimir; February 12, 2008 at 03:13 AM.

How come Burgundy and Genoa arent factions? They were much more important then many of the factions in the list.

Burgundy disapear after few years, and for Genoa, it was a minor faction in 1070 very dependant of the HRE

Here Here!

King Yngvar's Avatar Senator

Finally someone who has taken to their sences and made northern italy a part of HRE

Hmm I still think that had Leinster (or any other Irish faction) conquered all Ireland then a Kingdom of Ireland would have emerged. It may not have actually happened but it was perfectly possible.
    Using the same logic as you've used then surely you should have Wales called Gwynedd instead as Wales from rarely united in the Middle Ages.

Ye, they could just be called Ireland, but at least we have less focus on Italy, yay!

Im happy that finaly some mod aims on Europe and not too many middle-east parts

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast