Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: USSR(HOI2)

Axeman's Avatar Praepositus

Default USSR(HOI2)

I need some advice, everything that could gone wrong has!

Ok, I decided to play the 1941 scanerio just at the beggining of Barbarossa as the USSR for some fun, well knowing history I withdraw immediatley and regroup my forces, I manage a stalemate in the center, and CRUSH the southern army thanks to a couple of well executed encirclements.

around 30 german divisions trapped in Estonia, I also lost Leningrad to Finland, in addition, as if that wasn't worse, ITALY WON in the north africa and DECIMATED the middle eastern garison, so now Italy is sending divisions through the Caucusus, and I am loosing oil fast. So I send the remains of my far eastern deffenses to the caucusus and that is a stalemate. The Jappense have completely destroyed China and southeast Asia, France has complete control over Africa, Japan is also invading china, AND siberia, I have maybe 20 divisions near Irktusk to defend the airbase there, but they have already siezed at least 30 provinces, so I am in dire straits.

At this point I think I feel I am going to loose, so for fun I keep playing woooo, so what happens, Britan and Germany make peace, SPAIN joins the Axis (great) I stand alone against EVERY axis power, and the US is just sitting still doing nothing, I get the ocasional lend lease from the United States, but I would rather have thier 200 divisions land in Africa. I am completely outclassed in the air, since every axis power is just bombing the hell out of me, except in Sibiera, but that wont last long since only 20 divisions are defend Irktusk.

I estimate in about 3 years I should, if I don't have to move any forces to any more fronts, to be at the Pre Soviet-German Borders, and the Japs will probably be all the way to the Urals, my only hope is that Britan continues fighting Japan in India and China, and manage to distract enough forces from Siberia to there.

So, I need any suggestions, should I just give up, put all my troops on a ship, and relocate to.....South america...

☻/ This is Muhammad.
    /▌  Copy and paste him
    / \ so as to commit horrible blasphemy!
    If there were a God, I think it very unlikely that he would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt his existence. --Bertrand Russell

Town Watch's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: USSR(HOI2)

hehe sounds like a fun game . (finland for the win!)

I for one would like to have a somewhat stranger game sometimes, the most drastic thing that ever happened in my games was that Poland gave in at Danzig. I guess you just gotta hold BAku at all costs and fight back. What's your IC and MP? amount of troops?
    "What do I feel when I kill my enemy?"
    -Recoil-

MP is almost depleted

IC, well I can't remember off the top of my head, will probably just give up and re-try.....lol

☻/ This is Muhammad.
    /▌  Copy and paste him
    If there were a God, I think it very unlikely that he would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt his existence. --Bertrand Russell

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

USSR?? I never play it before but I did face its mighty army when I was playing Yugoslavia. From my observation it seems the main advantage of USSR is still its infantry, as AI always able to pull out more than 60 divisions in four or six months. Combine with its air power and tank, USSR is quite unstoppable though.

I would suggest put 80% of your army into Asian Front since Japanese is weak in anti-armour warfare. In the same time, build as many forts as you can in your Western Front and Cacasus, and station most of your infantry there and mountain troops in Cacasus Front. Hopefully that buy enough time for you to defeat Japanese first then move your Grand Armour Army de Russia back to West.

Indefinitely Banned

The Japanes army is wack. In every game I have seen it wiped out by the Soviets. In the west, retreat behind a river and hold. Build an army and counter-attack any breach in the line.

How the hell did Italy win in the desert? I've only seen that happen when i played as Germany and was invading Britain while the Italians were playing in the sand.

Well, as long as American don't join the war it is quite possible. I have seen Italian alone pushed into Egypt before.

Good news!

I now have the western front stablizied, and maricously Irktusk held, because the British sent~ 30 divisions across the Tibetian pleteau to aid what remainds of nationalist china.

Also, the US entered the war, god finally!

It was a beauty to see 100 divisions land in north africa, and liberia. The french and Itallians are occupied, and I am actually thankful Italy invaded the middle east, because I sent around 40 divisions south, and wiped everything out, as a result I now control everything up to the Persian Gulf and Palestine.

My oil problem is gone now *woooo!*
    As a result I have around 20 tank divisions now and I am on the offensive for the first time in the west, I am about to re-take pre-war soviet borders, in addition in the east the Japs are a bit tied up, sending around 30 motorized infantry divisions east to reclaim everything up to vladivostok.

Wish America would have entered sooner...... but still the situation in the air is bleak, it seems Romania, Italy, Hungary, Austria, Spain, Bulgaria, and Yugoslavaia all have nothing better to do then bomb me.

Well, looks like I shall roll into Berlin by mid 1946, I just hope the Western Allies do not take too much of Western Europe, in addition I am also going to try to send out ships to take the far flung areas of the Vichy French Empire as soon as possible *like Madagascar*

So, hurrah!

☻/ This is Muhammad.
    /▌  Copy and paste him

Did Allies even try to take West Europe before???

No.

Britan is at peace with Germany, and after the fall of France Vichy joined the Axis, so it got back all of its territories.

Update:

Not much, got a couple of boring siberian towns, situation on western front remains the same, in North Africa the Americans just took Algeria and Constantine.

☻/ This is Muhammad.
    /▌  Copy and paste him

mongoose's Avatar Domesticus

Would anyone recommend fighting Germany when they try to invade Poland? In my game, it's 1937 and I'm nearly done annexing Lithuania (I already got Estonia and Latvia). I was thinking that when Poland gets invaded I could send them 60 expeditionary divisions from across the border, and then send another 40 or so to invade northern Germany through my Lithuanian provinces. My army is basically up to 1936 standards, and mostly I've been focusing on adding more brigades and air divisions. Is that a reasonable goal? Would I at least be able to prevent the USSR from getting invaded by Germany, even if I couldn't save Poland?

Also, should I be sending divisions east to fight the Japanese, or should the starting army be enough?
    Last edited by mongoose; February 05, 2008 at 04:37 PM.

I suggest just let Poland fell, then back stab Germany one week right before they attacked France - roll in with armour divisions.

Yeah, keep in mind I played the scanerio starting in 1941, in my earlier campagin as USSR I just steamrolled Eastern Europe and all those Axis allies like Hungary ASAP, then when Nationalist China comes under attack, hit the Jappenese in the rear through manchuria.

Update:

The allies managed to take everything up to the Rhine, and all of Italy, I took everything to the east, I also have permenant control over Scandanavia *wooo* in addition I also took over Iran, so next I am going to be steamrolling into the middle east.

☻/ This is Muhammad.
    /▌  Copy and paste him

Allies took Italy?? That is interesting now...:hmmm:

Try not to overexpand though, or Allies may declare war on you.

I have ~120 divisions in Western Europe, ALL (I know im so proud) of them are either motorized or armored, so I have complete confidence in my steamrolling abilities.

Also, when I liberated China I released them as a puppet, so now I have a billion screaming chinamen on my side, Soviets FTW.

Can't wait until I develop the nuke, Ill just nuke the yanks into oblivion, because to my knowledge the spies say the yanks didn't even go for the A-bomb

☻/ This is Muhammad.
    /▌  Copy and paste him

Evil empire of USSR.

By the way, how you liberate China?? Nationalist already died????

Nationalist was on the brink of death when Britan invaded, and gave it to nationalist china, then of course china still failed and japan got all the land, so naturally the glorious USSR came in and liberated china, now I have communist china on my side.

Update:

I am now in control of the jappanese main islands, they put a hell of a fight, but not enough to stop those spestnaz! The japs still completely outclass my navy and airforce so Ill let the yanks clean up thier pacific territories.

Currently putting all research into developing atom bomb, upgrading navy, and upgrading airforce.

☻/ This is Muhammad.
    /▌  Copy and paste him

Indefinitely Banned

In myc current US game, the nationalist Chinese beat off the Japnese, and I invaded Japan with little real bother

Lamanz's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman View Post
    I have ~120 divisions in Western Europe, ALL (I know im so proud) of them are either motorized or armored, so I have complete confidence in my steamrolling abilities.

Also, when I liberated China I released them as a puppet, so now I have a billion screaming chinamen on my side, Soviets FTW.

Can't wait until I develop the nuke, Ill just nuke the yanks into oblivion, because to my knowledge the spies say the yanks didn't even go for the A-bomb
    Wow it's the Soviet Union, and USA, of NATOs nightmares

Sig made by XKillerX

"From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
    A light from the shadows shall spring;
    Renewed shall be blade that was broken:
    The crownless again shall be king.
    "

Yep, and whats worse is I keep supporting revolutions in all of the colonies controlled by the allies, The only colonies they have left are the ones in indochina and india, plus some minor carribean islands

☻/ This is Muhammad.
    /▌  Copy and paste him

mongoose's Avatar Domesticus

It's sometime around May 1941 and the Axis is killing me. I started the war around early 1939, and I was doing OK for awhile, but the fascists just took all the provinces west of Kiev with in the last few months. Italy is winning the war i n Africa, France is struggling to defend it self but hasn't lost any provinces permanently yet, and Japan is mostly focusing on China right now.

What technologies should I be researching? What units should I be building? I was planning to build a whole bunch of 1941 infantry units, and then dig in around Kiev, waiting for the U.S to enter the war. The org on all of my units is 47, but I think that I should be able to increase it to like 67 by mid 1942.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast