Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 41

Thread: Faction Thread - Wales

  1. #1

    Default Faction Thread - Wales

    All info about wales goes here!
    Common sense removed due being Disruptive.

  2. #2
    TheFirstONeill's Avatar Father of Thera
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Knutsford Cheshire, England
    Posts
    16,169

    Default Re: Faction Thread - Wales

    Welsh faction are fully functioning within the mod, All added units have complete working voices and accents (unlike many other mods).

    Roster includes
    Gwent Raiders
    Morgannwg Spearmen
    Meirionnydd Spearmen
    Rhyfelwyr
    Saethwyr
    Helwyr

    They will also use the unique welsh king battle model for their faction leader
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; January 30, 2008 at 06:25 PM.

    House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone
    Proud Creator of Thera, Legacy of the Great Torment: Opifex :

  3. #3

    Default Re: Faction Thread - Wales

    Got a family tree for Wales yet?
    in vita mea

  4. #4
    TheFirstONeill's Avatar Father of Thera
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Knutsford Cheshire, England
    Posts
    16,169

    Default Re: Faction Thread - Wales

    Yes but its not authentic, that will just be part of the final desc_strat tuning ,once all the fations are in. Welsh do you use authentic CNP names tho

    House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone
    Proud Creator of Thera, Legacy of the Great Torment: Opifex :

  5. #5
    Insurgent's Avatar Miles
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Universe-Galaxy-Earth-Europe-UK-Wales-Cardiff
    Posts
    366

    Default Re: Faction Thread - Wales

    I think if Wales are gonna be put into a large campaign they should have some added units such as- Mounted Longbowmen (mounted saethwyr), Guerrilla fighters (I was surprised none were included in Kingdoms) and some good Pikemen (yes, the Welsh did use pikes).

  6. #6
    TheFirstONeill's Avatar Father of Thera
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Knutsford Cheshire, England
    Posts
    16,169

    Default Re: Faction Thread - Wales

    Quote Originally Posted by Insurgent View Post
    I think if Wales are gonna be put into a large campaign they should have some added units such as- Mounted Longbowmen (mounted saethwyr), Guerrilla fighters (I was surprised none were included in Kingdoms) and some good Pikemen (yes, the Welsh did use pikes).
    I find it hard to believe that the longbow could be fired from a horse, is there any historical eviidence of this ? Were Gwent raiders not a kind of Guerrilla unit, raiding border areas?

    House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone
    Proud Creator of Thera, Legacy of the Great Torment: Opifex :

  7. #7
    TheFirstONeill's Avatar Father of Thera
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Knutsford Cheshire, England
    Posts
    16,169

    Default Re: Faction Thread - Wales

    Here the Welsh and Teutons Clash
    Welsh Rhyfelwyr Fight Sword Brethren (ug3) Of the Teutonic Order
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; February 01, 2008 at 04:33 PM.

    House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone
    Proud Creator of Thera, Legacy of the Great Torment: Opifex :

  8. #8
    TheFirstONeill's Avatar Father of Thera
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Knutsford Cheshire, England
    Posts
    16,169

    Default Re: Faction Thread - Wales

    Here the Welsh and Teutons Clash
    Welsh Meirionnydd Spearmen Kill the Teutonic Captain
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; February 01, 2008 at 04:33 PM.

    House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone
    Proud Creator of Thera, Legacy of the Great Torment: Opifex :

  9. #9
    TheFirstONeill's Avatar Father of Thera
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Knutsford Cheshire, England
    Posts
    16,169

    Default Re: Faction Thread - Wales

    Here the Welsh and Teutons Clash
    Teutonic Bodyguard chase down the Welsh peasants
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; February 01, 2008 at 04:32 PM.

    House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone
    Proud Creator of Thera, Legacy of the Great Torment: Opifex :

  10. #10
    Balmung's Avatar Civis
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Great Tosson, Northumberland, England
    Posts
    197

    Default Re: Faction Thread - Wales

    Who did the Accents.

  11. #11
    TheFirstONeill's Avatar Father of Thera
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Knutsford Cheshire, England
    Posts
    16,169

    Default Re: Faction Thread - Wales

    Quote Originally Posted by Balmung View Post
    Who did the Accents.
    Welsh use the scottish accent files

    House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone
    Proud Creator of Thera, Legacy of the Great Torment: Opifex :

  12. #12
    Insurgent's Avatar Miles
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Universe-Galaxy-Earth-Europe-UK-Wales-Cardiff
    Posts
    366

    Default Re: Faction Thread - Wales

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstONeill View Post
    I find it hard to believe that the longbow could be fired from a horse, is there any historical eviidence of this ? Were Gwent raiders not a kind of Guerrilla unit, raiding border areas?
    Since the French get mounted longbowmen I was thinking that Wales should have some (or at least mounted archers). As for the Guerrilla units I would recommend a unit that could hide anywhere (such as Battlefield assassins) and also a unit that can cause fear when attacking enemy lines.

  13. #13
    TheFirstONeill's Avatar Father of Thera
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Knutsford Cheshire, England
    Posts
    16,169

    Default Re: Faction Thread - Wales

    Quote Originally Posted by Insurgent View Post
    Since the French get mounted longbowmen I was thinking that Wales should have some (or at least mounted archers). As for the Guerrilla units I would recommend a unit that could hide anywhere (such as Battlefield assassins) and also a unit that can cause fear when attacking enemy lines.
    Could give the hide anywhere ability to gwent raiders or maybe even better to the Helwyr Bowmen

    As for mounted longbows, Id rather take them off the french, than give them to the welsh

    House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone
    Proud Creator of Thera, Legacy of the Great Torment: Opifex :

  14. #14
    Insurgent's Avatar Miles
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Universe-Galaxy-Earth-Europe-UK-Wales-Cardiff
    Posts
    366

    Default Re: Faction Thread - Wales

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstONeill View Post
    Could give the hide anywhere ability to gwent raiders or maybe even better to the Helwyr Bowmen.
    That would be cool. Good luck in the modding.

  15. #15
    jimmy spong's Avatar Campidoctor
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Yugoslavia , Podgorica
    Posts
    1,831

    Default Re: Faction Thread - Wales

    i think no one will mind if you improvise a bit on family tree , thats a thing no one attention on while playing




  16. #16

    Default Re: Faction Thread - Wales

    no.. the welsh werent just gurella fighters.. they defeated the english in open field battle several times.. shakespear mentioned it in one of his plays..
    btw does this mod work with the kindgom grand campaign mod, sorry if thats a stupid question. ive never used mods. but id really love the welsh accents and units.

    edit ;l so the welsh have scottish accents? thats lame :/

    edit 2: if anyone needed an authentic welshie to do accents, i would volunteer, my accent is stronger than those from the cities, but not as strong as those from the valleys or up north.
    Last edited by pontypool; February 10, 2008 at 03:22 PM.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Faction Thread - Wales

    Quote Originally Posted by pontypool View Post
    edit 2: if anyone needed an authentic welshie to do accents, i would volunteer, my accent is stronger than those from the cities, but not as strong as those from the valleys or up north.
    About accent, well i think that would be interesting, but you should talk with TheFirstONeill since he is from UK, so he could give you a better answer about the accent, since i bearly speak english.....
    Last edited by Ataegina; February 10, 2008 at 03:39 PM.
    Common sense removed due being Disruptive.

  18. #18
    TheFirstONeill's Avatar Father of Thera
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Knutsford Cheshire, England
    Posts
    16,169

    Default Re: Faction Thread - Wales

    Quote Originally Posted by pontypool View Post
    no.. the welsh werent just gurella fighters.. they defeated the english in open field battle several times.. shakespear mentioned it in one of his plays..
    btw does this mod work with the kindgom grand campaign mod, sorry if thats a stupid question. ive never used mods. but id really love the welsh accents and units.

    edit ;l so the welsh have scottish accents? thats lame :/

    edit 2: if anyone needed an authentic welshie to do accents, i would volunteer, my accent is stronger than those from the cities, but not as strong as those from the valleys or up north.
    No one said that the welsh were ONLY Guerrilla fighters, merely that they should have some Guerrilla units.

    As for the accent, we have used scottish as there are no welsh accent files, in the game, thats down to CA. It was a choice of english or welsh, we discussed the options, it was obviously a no win situation, as neither as really passable as welsh, but we wanted them to be different from the english. Same problem with Irish, they also have to use scottish accents in game.

    Yes the game does use kingdoms,

    As for your offer of help, do you have access to studio quaility recording equipment >?

    House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone
    Proud Creator of Thera, Legacy of the Great Torment: Opifex :

  19. #19
    TheFirstONeill's Avatar Father of Thera
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Knutsford Cheshire, England
    Posts
    16,169

    Default Re: Faction Thread - Wales

    Ha Ha you were one minute faster than me ataegina ,

    House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone
    Proud Creator of Thera, Legacy of the Great Torment: Opifex :

  20. #20

    Default Re: Faction Thread - Wales

    i didnt mean does it work with kingdoms. i meant the kingdoms grand campaign mod. by unspoken knight i beleive.
    what you mean a proper recording studio?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •