Thread: Problems with RTRPE 1.9 and RTW Gold Edition

Default Problems with RTRPE 1.9 and RTW Gold Edition

I've done a fresh install of both RTW and BI (Which already come pre patched to 1.5 and 1.6 respectively) And installed RTR PE 1.9 as instructed (Installed it into D:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War ) everything launches and loads up fine, except when I come to make a custom battle (I've not tried playing anything else yet)

Selecting the Map, Factions and units all goes fine, then when I click on the Arrow on the Units screen to start the battle, it just throws me back to the Select Factions screen, and when clicking on the arrow there, nothing happens. (The factions I select by the way are Rome and Carthage)

Any ideas what could be causing this or what might fix it?

Thanks

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Default Re: Problems with RTRPE 1.9 and RTW Gold Edition

Are you still able to run RTW or RTW BI. What versions are they - it shows on the top right hand side of the options menu.

Make sure you use the -show_err switch in the shortcut target. If there is an error message trapped it will be shown when you exit the game. It can be a useful diagnostic.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Default Re: Problems with RTRPE 1.9 and RTW Gold Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Brusilov View Post
    Are you still able to run RTW or RTW BI. What versions are they - it shows on the top right hand side of the options menu.

Make sure you use the -show_err switch in the shortcut target. If there is an error message trapped it will be shown when you exit the game. It can be a useful diagnostic.
    RTW is version 1.5 and BI is 1.6 and I'm able to load the games up to the main menu, I've not yet tried anything other than custom battle.

Hmm, that's odd, now I've reinstalled both the game and the mod (for about the 3rd time) It now works.