Thread: Y no people mention this obvious bug??

Default Y no people mention this obvious bug??

Y no people mention this obvious bug??
    I download the RP2.4 basemap couple of days ago,and I found that even the light ship can sail into the ocean!I dont know Y nobody mention this bug...or
    do just the basemap mod have the bug??

I think that the problem is about the "waterface.tga",counld anybody here help me deal with it?
    Thanks

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Default Re: Y no people mention this obvious bug??

It's the map_regions.tga. Sb2ean made all water one color so he could max out the regions. You'll see in the vanilla map_region.tga, there are three water colors for different depths.
    If you want 199 regions, don't sail west until "The world is round" proclomation or change it back and lose those two regions. Max regions is hardcoded with water as at least one of them and any more will cause ctd with no explanation.

Well,im a little bit confused now...U say there are three diffrent colors for depth...but i see only one color.....:hmmm:
    Last edited by SUNDAYBLACK; January 30, 2008 at 12:02 AM.

In the original/unmodded game, there are three colors of red. The one you see is for shallow craft. Even on the coast of Africa you can't get south of the Atlas Mountains.
    Then there is a darker red that lets the next generation of ships sail down the coast of Africa and farther west.
    Only the caravels and the last generation of ships can cross the deep red in the middle.
    All these colors are on the data/world/maps/base/maps_reion.tga in the unmodded folder and in the packs.
    In the regionmod/data/world/maps/base, the map_region.tga is the one sb2ean changed and has only one color for water. That way you can discover the new world before 1090.

Thanks a lot,man,Ive got it
    but I got to say it's ground_type.tga which contains the information about the ocean depth

You're right. Wrong tga on my part.