Thread: CTD with AI turn

Default CTD with AI turn

So I'm playing as Rome, year is about 216 i believe, everytime it comes to Carthage's turn it crashes to desktop in the same telltale sign. I can't seem to find the trigger on the map even with toggle_fow, I tried deleting the map.rvm file but that did nothing. I'm at a loss as to what I should do, I really don't want to lose this campaign. ty for any help given.

Default Re: CTD with AI turn

See if you can do somethign like this:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...45#post2413245
    Haven`t tried it myself so I can give any guarantees.

faction switching ? is that simply a command in the console box ? I'm unfamiliar with making scripts.

ah nvm, I screwed it up big time by trying what that thread said to do lol

kind of sad tho, I always get so into RTRlat and then as i near the apex of the campaign, CTD ruins it all, 3rd time this has happened in a campaign

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin1 View Post
    kind of sad tho, I always get so into RTRlat and then as i near the apex of the campaign, CTD ruins it all, 3rd time this has happened in a campaign
    So what version of RTR PE are you playing?

Have you added the '-show_err' switch to the shortcut target?

Have you applied the revolt CTD hot fix?
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showp...64&postcount=1

If you want to try and spot where the game is crashing try the following;

Edit preferences.txt and change 'CAMPAIGN_MAP_CAMERA:SKIP_AI_FACTIONS' to 'CAMPAIGN_MAP_CAMERA:FOLLOW_AI_FACTIONS'.

Start your campaign and toggle_fow off (you could also change 'FOG_OF_WAR:TRUE' to 'FOG_OF_WAR:FALSE' in the preferences.txt).

You could also change 'LABEL_CHARACTERS:FALSE' to 'LABEL_CHARACTERS:TRUE' but this makes the strategy map look a bit of a mess.

Watch the action and see where the game stops. I used to record the movie using fraps (I have paid for the license so I get more than 30 seconds of movie) and then replay the movie back to be 100% sure. However, I think with RTR PE the movie is being corrupted when the game CTDs.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here