Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Uncyclopedia, the funny encyclopedia...

Holger Danske's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Uncyclopedia, the funny encyclopedia...

Translated: The Great Satan Infidel People's Republic of Danish Idolaters

http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Denmark

Quite a laugh actually..
    Last edited by Banned; January 26, 2008 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Made it more general

Default Re: Denmark - Den Store Satans Vantro Republik af Danske Afgudsdyrkere

nothing funny at all

Author of the Battle of Kenross AAR

Default Re: Denmark - Den Store Satans Vantro Republik af Danske Afgudsdyrkere

I'm changing the title to make it more general, in order to prevent the inflow of spam.
    Наиболее полное истребитель в мире

Default Re: Uncyclopedia, the funny encyclopedia...

Uncyclopedia has a few good jokes in it, but most of it is crap, thought up by people with really questionable tastes in humor.

This made me laugh a bit
    http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/CCCP_World_Fair

Television in Amerika is black and white and for only one-way; inferior in all respect to doubleplus good television of Soviet transmission. C.C.C.P.-TV is, for purpose of security to State not one, but with transmitting in two-ways.

Dayman's Avatar Romesick

You have to look at their featured articles for the really funny stuff, the rest of it is just crap.

edders's Avatar Senator

Yeah, I agree. There are a few hilarious and/or witty articles (probably written by the original founders) whilst the rest is 13-year olds messing about, or, worse, political humour. *vomits*

Khan Kong's Avatar Ordinarius

We have such thing too, but it's called "absurdopedia"

"Europe has no balls to accept our truth, but has no gas to dictate its will"

http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Worst_1...liver_Bad_News

Comic genius, or good for a chuckle? You decide!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Encylapedia dramatica is far more funny.

http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Main_Page
    Lol @ article of the now atm

The United States of Australia (more commonly Australia, pronounced Or-stray-ya) is the arrogant, alcoholic, ****-crunching 51st state of America which, through the pure **** faced stupidity it is famous for, will inevitably cause a nuclear Extinction Level Event (or "ELE").
    As the worlds' largest prison comprised entirely of the still imprisoned distant relatives of Britain's worst criminals (tax dodging sheep ****ers) and other detritus (Aspies) from an early model that would become Guantanamo Bay, it is a haven for aspiring international terrorists. Occasionally a feisty young Osama fanboy such as David Hicks will go rogue and spend a few years in Gitmo, but that's OK because these noble heroes will always be welcomed home with open arms. ((Drunken race riots? TELL ME MOAR!!1!))

Theres a bit of nsfw stuff on that site though so your warned... just don't go looking up fat or sex and you'll probably be fine (the political stuff is funny anyway). Well actually quite a bit but anyway...
    Heres a great article (safe apart from swearing) http://encyclopediadramatica.com/16_year_old_girls
    They also have some amazing animated gifs and pictures.
    this one cracks me up
    Last edited by Darkarbiter; January 26, 2008 at 07:37 PM.

Primicerius
    Invercargill, te grymm und frostbittern zouth.

The featured articles are really brilliant, but a good 80% of stuff on the site as a whole has just been spammed by 14 year old idiots with absolutely NO sense of humour and is just random crap about pirates and have no consistency. Articles should be locked and only editable by registered users IMO. This is one that has maintained consistency throughout, http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Manowar

The article about black people was really funny and well written for instance but last time I looked at it was full of racist crap and grammar so bad it's unreadable.

The news headlines are often good too: "Hollywood stunned to hear that Brokeback Mountain star Jake Gyllenhall has been found alive and well".
    Last edited by Richard; January 26, 2008 at 07:45 PM.

Ah well... its worth it for the good articles... it's not like uncylepedia has a better average.
    I just found
    oh dear lol

Dayman's Avatar Romesick

Encyclopedia Dramatica pisses me off. Sure, it's good to look up an internet fad, but good luck getting an explanation that someone that doesn't frequent the depths of the internet would understand. Also, it has some shock images on there.

Kiljan Arslan's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Uncyclopedia has unfortonatley lossed its riduclous spin of late it used to have this great page stating Oprah was all that was evil, and another stating Chuck norris was part of the Trinity with Mr T and Snake.
    according to exarch I am like
    Quote Originally Posted by Exarch View Post
    sure, the way fred phelps finds christianity too optimistic?

Simple truths
    Did you know being born into wealth or marrying into wealth really shows you never did anything to earn it?
    btw having a sig telling people not to report you is hilarious.

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

The article on Georgia (country) is amazing.

The spiel they have on the Georgian language:
    The Georgian language, also known as Q'krgtrghrmkhnvtghdrvkhk'ts'rghm was invented by Klingon bears from outer space who enslaved the native Georgians in the middle ages and forced them to learn it. Its fake name is Kartuli Ena which was created to convince the stupid westerners that the language is actually pronouncable. Georgian has no vowels whatsoever; the so-called vowel characters are actually imaginary shwas that the Georgians stole from the Jews. Unfortunately this did not work as to this day no one can pronounce Georgian, even the Georgians. Georgian grammar is even more impossible to learn than the pronunciation, which is why all Georgian actually speak in Mandarin Chinese, which of course has no grammar. Georgian has 99 noun cases, 300 verb tenses, and words are commonly known to run as many as 3000 letters long. The Georgian dictionary was so big that the Georgians had to eject it into space where it is currently the alleged planet Pluto. Georgian is actually not related to Armenian, even though the latter is just as impossible to pronounce and was also invented by bears. There is another phenomena in Georgian language - it has 2 quotation marks. Both of them are exactly same by appearance, and the proper use of them still remains a mystery.

There is a nice story on how the Estonian language was born on Uncyclopedia too

The real story behind why Estonian is the way it is. A long time ago, about 100 or 9100 AD, three Estonian guys were sitting around the campfire. Their names were Billy, Ray and Duke. They were bored.
    Billy spoke first. "Ya know Ray, what we need is a new language".
    "Damn right!" said Ray, "Talkin' this way is gettin' boring and besides, everybody almost understands us. We need a language that's soo crazy, soo complicated that nobody will ever understand what's going on!".
    As the idea picked up steam, Duke piped up. "Lets do it this way, that you can't say he or she. That way you won't know if you're talkin' about a man or woman. Also, we gotta think up names for people that give no clue to foreigners about their gender, names that change with the grammar so you never know what to call somebody!"
    Ray nodded in approval. "Yeah," he said thoughtfully, "that's it. Then we can eliminate the future tense. Think of trying to ask someone out on date when you can't say the right name, whether it's a boy or girl or when it is going to happen!"
    Billy, the smart one, was thinking in more technical terms already. "OK, let's make it this way, that when you learn a noun, you don't have to learn just one word but 14. Yeah and instead of just saying that you are going to or from something, you have to change the noun in some weird way." Now Ray was excited and spilled his beer. "Yeah! And ... the nouns can't change the same way, let's make like, a hundred different spelling groups that all change in different ways!"
    This appealed to Duke who added slyly, "Ya wanna make it real hard, a real nut-buster? Let's make it so all adjectives change, too. In boring old English, you say 'five small, red houses', 'small, red houses' and 'many small, red houses'. Small and red always stay the same but in our new language? Whoaaaa Nellie!"
    Then they started practising how to say 'Oh, you're learning Estonian' without busting up laughing.

Ältester der Motten's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Boeing View Post
    Encyclopedia Dramatica pisses me off. Sure, it's good to look up an internet fad, but good luck getting an explanation that someone that doesn't frequent the depths of the internet would understand.
    Lurk moar.
    You just have to follow all the dozens of dozens of links and you'll just be fine.
    Of course this requires you to practically live in the internet, but that stuff is not meant for real-lifers anyway.

Canada, also known as America's Frosted Hat, Soviet Canuckistan, Canuckland, Canadia or The Shizzle North of Hizzle, but more commonly known as "The Great White North", is situated somewhere near the inconsequential continental U.S.A., and slightly south of the North Pole. The United Nations has managed to narrow it down further to not only north of the U.S. but also up, eh? Canada is the USA's largest national park, and tourist attraction.

To answer the question the entire world is asking, yes, Canada has an Army, and no, Canada doesn't know aboot it. Canadians are known for their peacefulness and politeness in distressing situations, such as during a war or hockey playoffs. The world looks to Canada for international peace-keepers, since they possess no weapons other than snow shovels, and their jovial accent and flannel clothing are comforting[1].
    Don't make fun of us Canadians and our military force lol.
    Last edited by Antissa; January 27, 2008 at 11:53 AM.

Holger Danske's Avatar Comes Limitis

Canuckistan great one

Now if you want a funny encyclopedia, go to www.conservapedia.com that is pure jokes
    Para Todos Todo, Para Nosotros Nada. - Subcommandante Marcos
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education. - Mark Twain

Dayman's Avatar Romesick

Quote Originally Posted by Desmotes View Post
    Lurk moar.
    You just have to follow all the dozens of dozens of links and you'll just be fine.
    Of course this requires you to practically live in the internet, but that stuff is not meant for real-lifers anyway.
    I know, but it's always annoyed me. And out of everyone here, I am the most qualified, based on my past, to tell people to lurk moar.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast