Thread: Where is Province of Siwa

Default Where is Province of Siwa

My question is short and simple fellas. I play as Ayyubids and conquered so many places and finished off KoJ and Makurians but i cannot find Siwa province. Map shows it as a ERE province but i couldnt find it

I sent diplomats, spies and a navy to find a way to reach its capital. Navy found a fishing village and thats all what i got. You got any idea about it? :hmmm:

Default Re: Where is Province of Siwa

I heard theres a path from the fishing village to the town itself. I've never tried though.

Quote Originally Posted by Slash5 View Post
    I heard theres a path from the fishing village to the town itself. I've never tried though.
    Worthy a try at once. I'll keep it in my mind and do that. Thx

Manco's Avatar Dux Limitis

You're not supposed to conquer it, but there's a path from the fishing village to the town. It's going to be completely inaccessible in the future.
    Some day I'll actually write all the reviews I keep promising...

Baron Thunder-ten-tronckh's Avatar Senator

I don't get this whole inaccessible zone. Why make the town if it is inaccessible?
    I dislike the arabian desert province because it looks like a massive chunk out of your empire, especially if you have conquered around it.

Sure, I understand if you say that people could not have reached it, as it was in a desert, sure, but how were they living there if there was a town/placed where people lived?
    nos ignoremus quid sit matura senectus, scire aevi meritum, non numerare decet

Quote Originally Posted by DogeCristoforo View Post
    I don't get this whole inaccessible zone. Why make the town if it is inaccessible?
    I dislike the arabian desert province because it looks like a massive chunk out of your empire, especially if you have conquered around it.

Sure, I understand if you say that people could not have reached it, as it was in a desert, sure, but how were they living there if there was a town/placed where people lived?

Think of it more this way:

The town in the Arabian Desert represents the 100's of nomadic bedouin tribes constantly on the move from one oasis to another. Besides in practical terms you (as a government) try and collect taxes from people who are constantly on the move and who know the terrain much better than your man do. In the end it would cost your government more to try and occupy/subjugate the territory than to leave it alone.

Hope that makes sense.

-Vic
    I'm still Kung-Fu Bishes!

Kip's Avatar Idea missing.

It just wasn't profitable or practical to conquer such regions. In modern times, wealth might be derived from the Arabian Desert through oil drilling, but in the Middle Ages this was obviously not going to happen.

Also Victus Sagrada makes an excellent point about the nomadic populations.

Achilla's Avatar Vicarius

Making from that settlement a village unable to grow up would solve the matter, too. Counts as region, but without any strategic importance. Same would go for desert. Just my 2 cents.
    Man is but a shadow of his former self, encased in feverish delusions of grandeur.
    Ignorance is your shield, knowledge is your weapon.
    Heart without reason is stupid, reason without heart is blind.

anaztazioch's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by DogeCristoforo View Post

Just think about AI rebel armies, stuck somewhere in the desert slowing turns down.
    AI armies walking mindlessly in the desert.
    And think about a heavy armed army walking through desert FOR YEARS, chasing after bedouins for their taxes.

anaztazioch hit it on the nose - It's the AI which are the reason for excluded regions. What often happened when they aren't there is that the AI will be waging wars in the middle of the desert.

I would think that in this period too, there was very little civilization in the middle of the Arabian desert. Absolutely none in the Empty Quarter, and just bedouins in the region close to where the province is currently.

Basically, nobody ever conquered that area since the Bedouin first came out.

you can conquer Siwa, I did, you have go on the coast near the fishing village and then South, it's near the camels and slaves and ivory(the town is in the center of all those), its right next to those brown things on the map.

If u really want to capture it (i think this village is useless) use a little console code which disables fog of war. I think u'd not become a cheater after that =)

Indefinitely Banned

Inaccessible regions like Siwa (will be after patch 1.1), "Arabian Desert" (buraydah) and the himalayas will always be there because they are important historical "blocks". There is a reason why small sheikhdoms like Oman and Yemen survived.. its this thing called inhospitable and uncrossable deserts.

There is nothing more idiotic for me to watch the Ayyubids send massive stacks straight across the Najd and the Rub al Khalil (central arabian desert) and go snatch a Omani province. These are geographical "walls" that add a strategic element and keep factions like Oman a bit safer.

-Traiano-'s Avatar Miles

I totally agree with mirage, unfortunately i wanted to know that before i sent 3 units of my army trying to reach buraydah in every direction!! They were living camels at the end of the journey hahahhaha