Thread: Cannot Launch

Default Cannot Launch

Hello BC team ....

I have installed MTW2 patched to v1.2 then to 1.3 and applied mod.

But when i try to launch BC it does not do anything at all. All i see is DOS window for like 1 second and nothing happens so please if anyone has same issues like me please tell me how to fix it .... i have seen some fix by John Tzimices but i didn't understand what to do, also by applying patch 1.3 i have noticed that MTW2 launcher has changed its name just to LAUNCHER so i don't know if that might be the issue ... please respond as fast as you can ... thank you

KHARR

Default Re: Cannot Launch

Hey man,

Hi! I'm hellas1

I have vista and I downloaded both 1.0 & 1.5.

My campaign works but not custom or quick battles!

Here's my advice for a Vista based p.c., maybe B.C. for you will work completely:

#1: Remove B.C. completely by using the B.C. uninstall executable: It should says bcunist.

These next steps are more intensive, Please BE VERY CAREFUL & ASK if you've never messed w/the Registry before, O.K.?:

I would first remove Broken Crescent from your Registry.
    Here's how:
    I. In Start, type: regedit and this will bring up your registry. You should "Clean out" any Broken Crescent instance that you find by collapsing everything into "Computer" and then go to Edit and under Edit click Find. In the Find box, type Broken Crescent and delete every instance of it by deleting it and clicking find next, etc.

Then delete the Prefetch file from the Windows folder, like this:
    II. Go to C:\Windows\Prefetch and delete the Broken Crescent prefetch file there too, depending on how many times you installed B.C.

Do a clean install! MTW2 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 or 1.3 with Kingdoms install works too.

Done.

hellas1
    BTW, If your running Windows Vista, Right click the mod and "Run as Administrator"
    and then double left click the .exe for Broken Crescent to install it.
    Last edited by hellas1; January 25, 2008 at 11:58 PM.

Default Re: Cannot Launch

hey hellas1 thanks for your advice and effort in helping me out .... although your advice would be useful i sorted my problem out. I do not own vista and i run my pc on xp. I don't know what caused the problem but i asked my friend to send me his Medieval2 total war launcher and replaced it with LAUNCHER that appeared in the folder and it worked ... enjoying the game right now

too bad you got disabled rep cause you'd definitely get +rep from me ... thanks man

Kharr