Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Crashes and how to fix them

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Default Re: Crashes and how to fix them

Even though this is a different game but it sounds like your problem: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/911203

Lord William's Avatar Duke of Nottingham
    Citizen

ok gents my game (MTW2) keep on crashing to desktop i believe i know why but i need alittle help

i have unpacked the game, so i could script the files but i never got around to it. i remember reading a thread telling me if i dont not delete a certain text in the scripts my game will ctd. its apparently the first thing you are supposed to do after unpacking the game.

what is that text and where can i find it?

Section Editor ES
    LibrarianLocal ModeratorCitizenCdeC
    Under the patronage of Jom • Patron of Riverknight & Stildawn

It's the readme in the unpacker folder. The supposed to be deleted files are the two geography files in the data folder.

@irishron

man help for god sake . i have problem when i install m2tw 1.0 (it worked fine). on clean 1.0 i install 1.02(1.2) patch and after that i install 1.03(1.3) after that i install sicilian vespers mode but real problem is not in mod, the problem is when i wanna start the game crashes With window please insert coorect cd rom etc.
    i read post about that problem and i clean disk (but aldredy was clean it has little scratches but nothing to worry about) , but still same thing occurs.

i have SATA optics NEC ad 7200 s.
    is it problem because i use SATA or something else.

also use some tolls to bypass whole sys to cloak drivers but still nothing. even cracks from 1.0 and 1.3 on exe file do not fix this problem. so pls hlp if u now solution
    p.s. i alredy uninstall 2 times game.

This has already come up this week believe it or not.
    A player bought a SATA drive to replace his IDE/ATAPI drive that died. It couldn't find the disc. He bought anther IDE and it worked. Also, another poster dug out the Colgate toothpaste for the scratches to get his to work.
    If you're using something like Daemon or Alcohol, Securom will ruin it even with a crack.

This has already come up this week believe it or not.
    A player bought a SATA drive to replace his IDE/ATAPI drive that died. It couldn't find the disc. He bought anther IDE and it worked. Also, another poster dug out the Colgate toothpaste for the scratches to get his to work.
    i read about this i cant f.n believe it, esp.. about colgate because i have it also .really incredible.....

If you're using something like Daemon or Alcohol, Securom will ruin it even with a crack.
    yes i have all those tools but still do not solve problem. i suspect about SATA optics but i cant still believe that this is problem (forunate i have my old asus IDE optic) so i will try with him later.
    so u 2 r not sure about this how 2 solve... BTW thx for reply man.

You take care of the optic, I believe the game will take care of the rest.

wheres the .cfg file????

Quote Originally Posted by jerry2dope View Post
    wheres the .cfg file????
    As in medieval2.preferences.cfg? It's in your main Medieval II Total War folder.

@irishron
    u man have answers for anything on this thread pls hlp.....

i install correctly m2tw ver 1.00 no problem game run incredible..
    then i install patch 1.02 or so called 1.2 and then when i click on exe to launch a game it shows me a window
    CANNOT LOCATE THE CD-ROM
    Please insert the correct CD-ROM, select OK and restart application

so i tried to use deamon,alcohol, yasu but still nothing i cant launch a game
    i read some posts from other ppl i have SATA optics too but i cant believe that this is problem
    i have gainward ati hd3850 1gb 256 bit video card
    4 GB khx memory
    1 TB hdd
    win xp sp 2 upgraded version
    Sata optics same as this SHogun nec ad 7200s
    also there is installed on my pc Empire total war, Timeshift, cs steam p47 and p48 . some guys have problems because other programs blocking using m2tw is this maybe problem with my launch game exe too.
    ps i dont have ata optics from my previous pc, i read it some guy bought ata dvd and game worked fine is this solution or something other

Quote Originally Posted by FireW@LL View Post
    @irishron
    u man have answers for anything on this thread pls hlp.....

i install correctly m2tw ver 1.00 no problem game run incredible..
    then i install patch 1.02 or so called 1.2 and then when i click on exe to launch a game it shows me a window
    CANNOT LOCATE THE CD-ROM
    Please insert the correct CD-ROM, select OK and restart application

so i tried to use deamon,alcohol, yasu but still nothing i cant launch a game
    i read some posts from other ppl i have SATA optics too but i cant believe that this is problem
    i have gainward ati hd3850 1gb 256 bit video card
    4 GB khx memory
    1 TB hdd
    win xp sp 2 upgraded version
    Sata optics same as this SHogun nec ad 7200s
    also there is installed on my pc Empire total war, Timeshift, cs steam p47 and p48 . some guys have problems because other programs blocking using m2tw is this maybe problem with my launch game exe too.
    ps i dont have ata optics from my previous pc, i read it some guy bought ata dvd and game worked fine is this solution or something other
    There is another post of a player having a SATA optics because his old IDE died. His BIOS was ols enough he had to get another IDE.

Before you worry about that, having Daemon, Alcohol, or any other such software installed on your harddrive, this copy protection will give you this error all day and you won't know why. If you want these programs and M2TW, contact Securom support, give them the full list of programs, and ask the for a medieval2.exe to cover them. If they say "No", or just choose to ignore you, we can help you no further.
    The only other option is uninstall all those programs and then install Medieval2.

Im playing custom campaigns 2 kingdoms mod and i was trying to add in england to be playable on the southern europe campaign, when i get this.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

17:50:47.421 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    17:50:47.421 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    17:50:47.421 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    17:50:47.421 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    17:50:47.421 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    17:50:47.437 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    17:50:47.437 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    17:50:47.437 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    17:50:47.453 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/custom_campaign_2/data/text/shortcut.txt.strings.bin is missing
    17:50:47.468 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/custom_campaign_2/data/text/shortcut.txt is missing
    17:50:49.281 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for ANISELECT
    17:50:49.281 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_SABOTAGE
    17:50:49.296 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_TRADE
    17:50:49.312 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for DRAGGABLE
    17:50:49.312 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for DRAGGING
    17:50:49.312 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_MULTIPLE_SELECT
    17:50:49.312 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ATTACK
    17:50:49.312 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_CHARACTER
    17:50:49.312 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_RESOURCE
    17:50:49.312 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_FORT
    17:50:49.312 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_MOVE_OBJECT
    17:50:49.312 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_WATCHTOWER
    17:50:49.312 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_DEPLOYMENT_AREA
    17:50:49.312 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_TILE
    17:50:49.312 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_SPECIAL_PIECE
    17:50:49.312 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PAINT
    17:50:49.312 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ADJUST_HEIGHTS
    17:50:49.312 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ADD_UNIT
    17:50:49.312 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_SETTLEMENT
    17:50:49.875 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/custom_campaign_2/data/text/climates.txt.strings.bin is missing
    17:50:49.890 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/custom_campaign_2/data/text/climates.txt is missing
    17:50:50.187 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/custom_campaign_2/data/descr_mount.txt, at line 117, column 1
    Could not find battle model for mount 'Mount_Adv_English_Armoured_Horse'.
    17:50:50.187 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/custom_campaign_2/data/descr_mount.txt, at line 147, column 1
    Could not find battle model for mount 'Mount_Adv_English_Barded_Horse'.
    17:50:50.187 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/custom_campaign_2/data/descr_mount.txt, at line 162, column 1
    Could not find battle model for mount 'Mount_Adv_French_Barded_Horse'.
    17:50:50.187 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/custom_campaign_2/data/descr_mount.txt, at line 242, column 1
    Could not find battle model for mount 'Mount_AdV_French_Heavy_Horse'.
    17:50:50.718 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/custom_campaign_2/data/text/rebel_faction_descr.txt.strings.bin is missing
    17:50:50.734 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/custom_campaign_2/data/text/rebel_faction_descr.txt is missing
    17:50:51.390 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Aztec Empire, village -> motte_and_bailey, core_building[0](wooden_pallisade) -> core_castle_building[1](wooden_castle)
    17:50:51.390 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Aztec Empire, town -> wooden_castle, core_building[0](wooden_pallisade) -> core_castle_building[1](wooden_castle)
    17:50:51.390 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Aztec Empire, large_town -> castle, core_building[0](wooden_pallisade) -> core_castle_building[1](wooden_castle)
    17:50:51.390 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Aztec Empire, large_town -> castle, core_building[1](wooden_wall) -> core_castle_building[2](castle)
    17:50:51.390 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Aztec Empire, motte_and_bailey -> village, convert_to_city[0](wooden_castle_to_village) -> convert_to_castle[0](village_to_wooden_castle)
    17:50:51.390 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Aztec Empire, wooden_castle -> town, convert_to_city[0](wooden_castle_to_village) -> convert_to_castle[0](village_to_wooden_castle)
    17:50:51.390 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Aztec Empire, wooden_castle -> town, convert_to_city[1](stone_keep_to_small_town) -> convert_to_castle[1](small_town_to_stone_keep)
    17:50:51.390 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Aztec Empire, castle -> large_town, convert_to_city[0](wooden_castle_to_village) -> convert_to_castle[0](village_to_wooden_castle)
    17:50:51.390 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Aztec Empire, castle -> large_town, convert_to_city[1](stone_keep_to_small_town) -> convert_to_castle[1](small_town_to_stone_keep)
    17:50:51.390 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Aztec Empire, castle -> large_town, convert_to_city[2](castle_to_large_town) -> convert_to_castle[2](large_town_to_castle)
    17:50:51.390 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Aztec Empire, fortress -> city, convert_to_city[0](wooden_castle_to_village) -> convert_to_castle[0](village_to_wooden_castle)
    17:50:51.390 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Aztec Empire, fortress -> city, convert_to_city[1](stone_keep_to_small_town) -> convert_to_castle[1](small_town_to_stone_keep)
    17:50:51.390 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Aztec Empire, fortress -> city, convert_to_city[2](castle_to_large_town) -> convert_to_castle[2](large_town_to_castle)
    17:50:51.390 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Aztec Empire, citadel -> city, convert_to_city[0](wooden_castle_to_village) -> convert_to_castle[0](village_to_wooden_castle)
    17:50:51.390 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Aztec Empire, citadel -> city, convert_to_city[1](stone_keep_to_small_town) -> convert_to_castle[1](small_town_to_stone_keep)
    17:50:51.390 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Aztec Empire, citadel -> city, convert_to_city[2](castle_to_large_town) -> convert_to_castle[2](large_town_to_castle)
    17:50:51.578 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    17:50:51.593 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    17:50:51.593 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/merchants/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    17:50:51.593 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/merchants/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    17:50:51.609 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    17:50:51.609 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    17:50:51.609 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/witches/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    17:50:51.609 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/witches/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    17:50:51.625 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/inquisitors/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    17:50:51.625 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/inquisitors/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    17:50:51.656 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/civilians/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    17:50:51.656 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/civilians/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    17:50:51.671 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    17:50:51.671 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    17:50:51.671 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    17:50:51.687 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    17:50:51.687 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/merchants/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    17:50:51.687 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/merchants/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    17:50:51.687 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    17:50:51.687 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    17:50:51.703 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    17:50:51.703 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    17:50:51.703 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/witches/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    17:50:51.703 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/witches/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    17:50:51.703 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/inquisitors/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    17:50:51.703 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/inquisitors/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    17:50:51.734 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    17:50:51.734 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    17:50:51.750 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    17:50:51.750 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    17:50:51.750 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/witches/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    17:50:51.750 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/witches/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    17:50:51.750 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/inquisitors/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    17:50:51.765 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/inquisitors/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    17:50:51.796 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/custom_campaign_2/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10816, column 23 :
    we should only have trait(Berserker) additional affects for triggers(Battle_Losing_Berserker)
    17:50:51.796 [game.script] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/custom_campaign_2/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10816, column 23 :
    we should only have trait(Berserker) additional affects for triggers(Battle_Losing_Berserker)
    17:50:51.796 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/custom_campaign_2/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10934, column 28 :
    we should only have trait(BattleChivalry) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Not_fighting)
    17:50:51.796 [game.script] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/custom_campaign_2/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10934, column 28 :
    we should only have trait(BattleChivalry) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Not_fighting)
    17:50:51.796 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/custom_campaign_2/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10935, column 25 :
    we should only have trait(BattleDread) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Not_fighting)
    17:50:51.796 [game.script] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/custom_campaign_2/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10935, column 25 :
    we should only have trait(BattleDread) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Not_fighting)
    17:50:51.796 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/custom_campaign_2/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10945, column 28 :
    we should only have trait(BattleChivalry) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Routing)
    17:50:51.796 [game.script] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/custom_campaign_2/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10945, column 28 :
    we should only have trait(BattleChivalry) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Routing)
    17:50:51.796 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/custom_campaign_2/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10946, column 25 :
    we should only have trait(BattleDread) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Routing)
    17:50:51.796 [game.script] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/custom_campaign_2/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10946, column 25 :
    we should only have trait(BattleDread) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Routing)
    17:50:51.796 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/custom_campaign_2/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10958, column 28 :
    we should only have trait(BattleChivalry) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Routing2)
    17:50:51.796 [game.script] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/custom_campaign_2/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10958, column 28 :
    we should only have trait(BattleChivalry) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Routing2)
    17:50:51.796 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/custom_campaign_2/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10959, column 25 :
    we should only have trait(BattleDread) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Routing2)
    17:50:51.796 [game.script] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/custom_campaign_2/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10959, column 25 :
    we should only have trait(BattleDread) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Routing2)
    17:50:51.796 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/custom_campaign_2/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 11000, column 25 :
    we should only have trait(BattleDread) additional affects for triggers(battle3Dread_Let_Them_Go)
    17:50:51.796 [game.script] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/custom_campaign_2/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 11000, column 25 :
    we should only have trait(BattleDread) additional affects for triggers(battle3Dread_Let_Them_Go)
    17:50:51.828 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/custom_campaign_2/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 16898, column 27 :
    we should only have trait(GoodDenouncer) additional affects for triggers(hereticinit1_denouncerclear)
    17:50:51.828 [game.script] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/custom_campaign_2/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 16898, column 27 :
    we should only have trait(GoodDenouncer) additional affects for triggers(hereticinit1_denouncerclear)
    17:50:51.828 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/custom_campaign_2/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 16906, column 26 :
    we should only have trait(BadDenouncer) additional affects for triggers(hereticinit1_denouncerclear_bad)
    17:50:51.828 [game.script] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/custom_campaign_2/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 16906, column 26 :
    we should only have trait(BadDenouncer) additional affects for triggers(hereticinit1_denouncerclear_bad)
    17:50:51.828 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/custom_campaign_2/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 16914, column 25 :
    we should only have trait(StrongFaith) additional affects for triggers(hereticinit1_faithclear)
    17:50:51.828 [game.script] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/custom_campaign_2/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 16914, column 25 :
    we should only have trait(StrongFaith) additional affects for triggers(hereticinit1_faithclear)
    17:50:51.828 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/custom_campaign_2/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 16922, column 22 :
    we should only have trait(Purifier) additional affects for triggers(hereticinit1_purifierclear)
    17:50:51.828 [game.script] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/custom_campaign_2/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 16922, column 22 :
    we should only have trait(Purifier) additional affects for triggers(hereticinit1_purifierclear)
    17:50:51.828 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/custom_campaign_2/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 17847, column 29 :
    we should only have trait(CrusaderHistory) additional affects for triggers(crusades_6)
    17:50:51.828 [game.script] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/custom_campaign_2/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 17847, column 29 :
    we should only have trait(CrusaderHistory) additional affects for triggers(crusades_6)
    17:50:51.828 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/custom_campaign_2/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 17848, column 30 :
    we should only have trait(StrategyChivalry) additional affects for triggers(crusades_6)
    17:50:51.828 [game.script] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/custom_campaign_2/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 17848, column 30 :
    we should only have trait(StrategyChivalry) additional affects for triggers(crusades_6)
    17:50:51.828 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/custom_campaign_2/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 17857, column 29 :
    we should only have trait(CrusaderHistory) additional affects for triggers(crusades_7)
    17:50:51.828 [game.script] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/custom_campaign_2/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 17857, column 29 :
    we should only have trait(CrusaderHistory) additional affects for triggers(crusades_7)
    17:50:51.828 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/custom_campaign_2/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 18009, column 26 :
    we should only have trait(JihadHistory) additional affects for triggers(jihads_7)
    17:50:51.828 [game.script] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/custom_campaign_2/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 18009, column 26 :
    we should only have trait(JihadHistory) additional affects for triggers(jihads_7)
    17:50:51.828 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/custom_campaign_2/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 18010, column 30 :
    we should only have trait(StrategyChivalry) additional affects for triggers(jihads_7)
    17:50:51.828 [game.script] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/custom_campaign_2/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 18010, column 30 :
    we should only have trait(StrategyChivalry) additional affects for triggers(jihads_7)
    17:50:51.828 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/custom_campaign_2/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 18019, column 26 :
    we should only have trait(JihadHistory) additional affects for triggers(jihads_8)
    17:50:51.828 [game.script] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/custom_campaign_2/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 18019, column 26 :
    we should only have trait(JihadHistory) additional affects for triggers(jihads_8)
    17:50:51.843 [data.missing] [warning] Failed to find ancillary image data/ui/ancillaries/scribe_ancillary.tga
    17:50:51.843 [data.missing] [warning] Failed to find ancillary image data/ui/ancillaries/security_religious.tga
    17:50:51.859 [data.missing] [warning] Failed to find ancillary image data/ui/ancillaries/security_religious.tga
    17:50:51.890 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/custom_campaign_2/data/text/export_advice.txt.strings.bin is missing
    17:50:51.921 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/custom_campaign_2/data/text/export_advice.txt is missing
    17:50:52.015 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/custom_campaign_2/data/text/export_prologue.txt.strings.bin is missing
    17:50:52.031 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/custom_campaign_2/data/text/export_prologue.txt is missing
    17:50:52.046 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/custom_campaign_2/data/text/names.txt.strings.bin is missing
    17:50:53.109 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/custom_campaign_2/data/text/names.txt is missing
    17:50:54.687 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/custom_campaign_2/data/text/cursor_action_tooltips.txt.strings.bin is missing
    17:50:54.687 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/custom_campaign_2/data/text/cursor_action_tooltips.txt is missing
    17:51:08.593 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/custom_campaign_2/data/text/FactionIntroSubTitles.txt.strings.bin is missing
    17:51:08.625 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/custom_campaign_2/data/text/FactionIntroSubTitles.txt is missing
    17:52:27.968 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/custom_campaign_2/data/text/quotes.txt.strings.bin is missing
    17:52:27.984 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/custom_campaign_2/data/text/quotes.txt is missing
    17:52:28.046 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/custom_campaign_2/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds is missing
    17:52:28.062 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/custom_campaign_2/data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga.dds is missing
    17:52:29.656 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/custom_campaign_2/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds is missing
    17:52:29.734 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_symbols_80/normans.tga is missing
    17:52:29.734 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_faction_units/normans.tga is missing
    17:52:29.734 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_symbols_80/saxons.tga is missing
    17:52:29.734 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_faction_units/saxons.tga is missing
    17:52:29.734 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_symbols_80/slave.tga is missing
    17:52:29.750 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/_M2_MP_HISTORICAL_BATTLE_CHOOSE_TEAMS.TGA is missing
    17:52:29.750 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/TEXTURES/_M2_MAIN_MENU.TGA is missing
    17:52:30.578 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/buttons_composite2.tga.dds is missing
    17:52:30.593 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/slider_composite.tga.dds is missing
    17:52:30.593 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/slider_composite2.tga.dds is missing
    17:52:30.593 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/border_4pix_black_gold2.tga.dds is missing
    17:52:30.593 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/text_border.tga.dds is missing
    17:52:30.593 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/yellow_highlight.tga.dds is missing
    17:52:30.593 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/border_4pix_black_gold_selected.tga.dds is missing
    17:52:30.593 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/border_4pix_black_gold_black.tga.dds is missing
    17:52:30.593 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/_M2_Selection_Glow.tga.dds is missing
    17:52:30.593 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/unit_card.tga.dds is missing
    17:52:30.593 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/icons.tga.dds is missing
    17:52:38.734 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/custom_campaign_2/data/world/maps/campaign/custom/S_Europe/map_england.tga is missing
    17:52:38.734 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/custom_campaign_2/data/world/maps/campaign/custom/S_Europe/map_scotland.tga is missing
    17:52:38.734 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/custom_campaign_2/data/world/maps/campaign/custom/S_Europe/map_russia.tga is missing
    17:52:38.734 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/custom_campaign_2/data/world/maps/campaign/custom/S_Europe/map_turks.tga is missing
    17:52:38.734 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/custom_campaign_2/data/world/maps/campaign/custom/S_Europe/map_egypt.tga is missing
    17:52:38.734 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/custom_campaign_2/data/world/maps/campaign/custom/S_Europe/map_denmark.tga is missing
    17:52:38.734 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/custom_campaign_2/data/world/maps/campaign/custom/S_Europe/map_poland.tga is missing
    17:52:38.734 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/custom_campaign_2/data/world/maps/campaign/custom/S_Europe/map_aztecs.tga is missing
    17:52:38.734 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/custom_campaign_2/data/world/maps/campaign/custom/S_Europe/map_mongols.tga is missing
    17:52:38.734 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/custom_campaign_2/data/world/maps/campaign/custom/S_Europe/map_timurids.tga is missing
    17:52:38.734 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/custom_campaign_2/data/world/maps/campaign/custom/S_Europe/map_normans.tga is missing
    17:52:38.734 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/custom_campaign_2/data/world/maps/campaign/custom/S_Europe/map_saxons.tga is missing
    17:52:38.750 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/custom_campaign_2/data/world/maps/campaign/custom/S_Europe/leader_pic_england.tga is missing
    17:52:38.765 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/custom_campaign_2/data/world/maps/campaign/custom/S_Europe/leader_pic_england.tga is missing
    17:52:40.531 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/custom_campaign_2/data/world/maps/campaign/custom/S_Europe/descr_battle.txt is missing
    17:52:40.531 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/custom_campaign_2/data/world/maps/campaign/custom/S_Europe/map.rbm is missing
    17:52:40.531 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/custom_campaign_2/data/world/maps/campaign/custom/S_Europe/map.wfc is missing
    17:52:40.609 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/custom_campaign_2/data/text/historic_events.txt.strings.bin is missing
    17:52:40.609 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/custom_campaign_2/data/text/historic_events.txt is missing
    17:52:40.687 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/001.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    17:52:40.687 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/001.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    17:52:40.687 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    17:52:40.687 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    17:52:40.687 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    17:52:40.687 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    17:52:40.703 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/custom_campaign_2/data/world/maps/campaign/custom/S_Europe/descr_strat.txt, at line 1676, column 100
    trying to attach a non-spy William(england) to settlement Bordeaux(slave) which is invalid.
    17:52:41.812 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Can somebody help me please?
    Last edited by The One King; July 16, 2009 at 12:01 PM.

Researcher for Patria Liberia

IF you rep me i might cry

17:52:40.703 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/custom_campaign_2/data/world/maps/campaign/custom/S_Europe/descr_strat.txt, at line 1676, column 100
    trying to attach a non-spy William(england) to settlement Bordeaux(slave) which is invalid.
    is the problem. Find the file, make the changes necessary to get rid of the error, delete the map.rwm for the mod, start a new campaign. Any changes made in the descr_strat.txt are not savegame compatible.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Simply change the co-ordinates of the character. I guess you had him as part of a garrison (England) first and then changed the settlement to the slave faction.

But the faction belongs to england, i'll attach the descr strat

Blog Entries

character William, named character, male, leader, age 18, x 52, y 64, battle_model norman_king
    This is your line number 1676 from descr_strat

character sub_faction france, Perrin Tanlay, general, male, age 26, x 52, y 64
    This is line number 1649 from descr_strat, notice something (hint - see red)

You have set a rebel character (blue part specifies that) in the same coordinates as William.
    As the rebel comes first (line wise) William is the error where the log is concerned.

General: when changing ownership of a settlement in the descr_strat file, always check that the original garrison gets moved.

Not sure why you have the england faction below the rebel faction.

Because i added them in, thanks for the help gig

ok another error

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    18:35:12.328 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    18:35:12.343 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    18:35:12.343 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    18:35:12.343 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    18:35:12.343 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    18:35:12.343 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    18:35:12.343 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    18:35:12.343 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    18:35:12.375 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/custom_campaign_2/data/text/shortcut.txt.strings.bin is missing
    18:35:12.375 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/custom_campaign_2/data/text/shortcut.txt is missing
    18:35:14.156 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for ANISELECT
    18:35:14.171 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_SABOTAGE
    18:35:14.171 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_TRADE
    18:35:14.187 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for DRAGGABLE
    18:35:14.187 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for DRAGGING
    18:35:14.187 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_MULTIPLE_SELECT
    18:35:14.187 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ATTACK
    18:35:14.203 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_CHARACTER
    18:35:14.203 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_RESOURCE
    18:35:14.203 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_FORT
    18:35:14.203 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_MOVE_OBJECT
    18:35:14.203 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_WATCHTOWER
    18:35:14.203 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_DEPLOYMENT_AREA
    18:35:14.203 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_TILE
    18:35:14.203 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_SPECIAL_PIECE
    18:35:14.203 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PAINT
    18:35:14.203 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ADJUST_HEIGHTS
    18:35:14.203 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ADD_UNIT
    18:35:14.203 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_SETTLEMENT
    18:35:14.609 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/custom_campaign_2/data/text/climates.txt.strings.bin is missing
    18:35:14.609 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/custom_campaign_2/data/text/climates.txt is missing
    18:35:14.843 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/custom_campaign_2/data/descr_mount.txt, at line 117, column 1
    Could not find battle model for mount 'Mount_Adv_English_Armoured_Horse'.
    18:35:14.843 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/custom_campaign_2/data/descr_mount.txt, at line 147, column 1
    Could not find battle model for mount 'Mount_Adv_English_Barded_Horse'.
    18:35:14.843 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/custom_campaign_2/data/descr_mount.txt, at line 162, column 1
    Could not find battle model for mount 'Mount_Adv_French_Barded_Horse'.
    18:35:14.843 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/custom_campaign_2/data/descr_mount.txt, at line 242, column 1
    Could not find battle model for mount 'Mount_AdV_French_Heavy_Horse'.
    18:35:15.296 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/custom_campaign_2/data/text/rebel_faction_descr.txt.strings.bin is missing
    18:35:15.312 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/custom_campaign_2/data/text/rebel_faction_descr.txt is missing
    18:35:15.906 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Aztec Empire, village -> motte_and_bailey, core_building[0](wooden_pallisade) -> core_castle_building[1](wooden_castle)
    18:35:15.906 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Aztec Empire, town -> wooden_castle, core_building[0](wooden_pallisade) -> core_castle_building[1](wooden_castle)
    18:35:15.906 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Aztec Empire, large_town -> castle, core_building[0](wooden_pallisade) -> core_castle_building[1](wooden_castle)
    18:35:15.906 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Aztec Empire, large_town -> castle, core_building[1](wooden_wall) -> core_castle_building[2](castle)
    18:35:15.906 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Aztec Empire, motte_and_bailey -> village, convert_to_city[0](wooden_castle_to_village) -> convert_to_castle[0](village_to_wooden_castle)
    18:35:15.906 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Aztec Empire, wooden_castle -> town, convert_to_city[0](wooden_castle_to_village) -> convert_to_castle[0](village_to_wooden_castle)
    18:35:15.906 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Aztec Empire, wooden_castle -> town, convert_to_city[1](stone_keep_to_small_town) -> convert_to_castle[1](small_town_to_stone_keep)
    18:35:15.906 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Aztec Empire, castle -> large_town, convert_to_city[0](wooden_castle_to_village) -> convert_to_castle[0](village_to_wooden_castle)
    18:35:15.906 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Aztec Empire, castle -> large_town, convert_to_city[1](stone_keep_to_small_town) -> convert_to_castle[1](small_town_to_stone_keep)
    18:35:15.906 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Aztec Empire, castle -> large_town, convert_to_city[2](castle_to_large_town) -> convert_to_castle[2](large_town_to_castle)
    18:35:15.906 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Aztec Empire, fortress -> city, convert_to_city[0](wooden_castle_to_village) -> convert_to_castle[0](village_to_wooden_castle)
    18:35:15.906 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Aztec Empire, fortress -> city, convert_to_city[1](stone_keep_to_small_town) -> convert_to_castle[1](small_town_to_stone_keep)
    18:35:15.906 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Aztec Empire, fortress -> city, convert_to_city[2](castle_to_large_town) -> convert_to_castle[2](large_town_to_castle)
    18:35:15.906 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Aztec Empire, citadel -> city, convert_to_city[0](wooden_castle_to_village) -> convert_to_castle[0](village_to_wooden_castle)
    18:35:15.906 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Aztec Empire, citadel -> city, convert_to_city[1](stone_keep_to_small_town) -> convert_to_castle[1](small_town_to_stone_keep)
    18:35:15.906 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Aztec Empire, citadel -> city, convert_to_city[2](castle_to_large_town) -> convert_to_castle[2](large_town_to_castle)
    18:35:16.093 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    18:35:16.093 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    18:35:16.093 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/merchants/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    18:35:16.093 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/merchants/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    18:35:16.109 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    18:35:16.109 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    18:35:16.109 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/witches/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    18:35:16.109 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/witches/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    18:35:16.109 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/inquisitors/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    18:35:16.109 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/inquisitors/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    18:35:16.140 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/civilians/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    18:35:16.156 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/civilians/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    18:35:16.156 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    18:35:16.156 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    18:35:16.156 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    18:35:16.156 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    18:35:16.171 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/merchants/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    18:35:16.171 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/merchants/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    18:35:16.171 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    18:35:16.171 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    18:35:16.171 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    18:35:16.171 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    18:35:16.187 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/witches/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    18:35:16.187 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/witches/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    18:35:16.187 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/inquisitors/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    18:35:16.187 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/inquisitors/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    18:35:16.203 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    18:35:16.203 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    18:35:16.218 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    18:35:16.218 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    18:35:16.218 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/witches/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    18:35:16.234 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/witches/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    18:35:16.234 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/inquisitors/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    18:35:16.234 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/inquisitors/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    18:35:16.265 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/custom_campaign_2/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10816, column 23 :
    18:35:16.265 [game.script] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/custom_campaign_2/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10816, column 23 :
    18:35:16.265 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/custom_campaign_2/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10934, column 28 :
    18:35:16.265 [game.script] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/custom_campaign_2/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10934, column 28 :
    18:35:16.265 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/custom_campaign_2/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10935, column 25 :
    18:35:16.265 [game.script] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/custom_campaign_2/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10935, column 25 :
    18:35:16.265 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/custom_campaign_2/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10945, column 28 :
    18:35:16.265 [game.script] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/custom_campaign_2/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10945, column 28 :
    18:35:16.265 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/custom_campaign_2/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10946, column 25 :
    18:35:16.265 [game.script] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/custom_campaign_2/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10946, column 25 :
    18:35:16.265 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/custom_campaign_2/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10958, column 28 :
    18:35:16.265 [game.script] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/custom_campaign_2/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10958, column 28 :
    18:35:16.265 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/custom_campaign_2/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10959, column 25 :
    18:35:16.265 [game.script] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/custom_campaign_2/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10959, column 25 :
    18:35:16.265 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/custom_campaign_2/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 11000, column 25 :
    18:35:16.265 [game.script] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/custom_campaign_2/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 11000, column 25 :
    18:35:16.296 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/custom_campaign_2/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 16898, column 27 :
    18:35:16.296 [game.script] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/custom_campaign_2/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 16898, column 27 :
    18:35:16.296 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/custom_campaign_2/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 16906, column 26 :
    18:35:16.296 [game.script] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/custom_campaign_2/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 16906, column 26 :
    18:35:16.296 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/custom_campaign_2/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 16914, column 25 :
    18:35:16.296 [game.script] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/custom_campaign_2/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 16914, column 25 :
    18:35:16.296 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/custom_campaign_2/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 16922, column 22 :
    18:35:16.296 [game.script] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/custom_campaign_2/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 16922, column 22 :
    18:35:16.296 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/custom_campaign_2/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 17847, column 29 :
    18:35:16.296 [game.script] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/custom_campaign_2/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 17847, column 29 :
    18:35:16.296 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/custom_campaign_2/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 17848, column 30 :
    18:35:16.296 [game.script] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/custom_campaign_2/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 17848, column 30 :
    18:35:16.296 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/custom_campaign_2/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 17857, column 29 :
    18:35:16.296 [game.script] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/custom_campaign_2/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 17857, column 29 :
    18:35:16.296 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/custom_campaign_2/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 18009, column 26 :
    18:35:16.296 [game.script] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/custom_campaign_2/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 18009, column 26 :
    18:35:16.296 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/custom_campaign_2/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 18010, column 30 :
    18:35:16.296 [game.script] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/custom_campaign_2/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 18010, column 30 :
    18:35:16.296 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/custom_campaign_2/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 18019, column 26 :
    18:35:16.296 [game.script] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/custom_campaign_2/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 18019, column 26 :
    18:35:16.312 [data.missing] [warning] Failed to find ancillary image data/ui/ancillaries/scribe_ancillary.tga
    18:35:16.312 [data.missing] [warning] Failed to find ancillary image data/ui/ancillaries/security_religious.tga
    18:35:16.312 [data.missing] [warning] Failed to find ancillary image data/ui/ancillaries/security_religious.tga
    18:35:16.343 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/custom_campaign_2/data/text/export_advice.txt.strings.bin is missing
    18:35:16.375 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/custom_campaign_2/data/text/export_advice.txt is missing
    18:35:16.468 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/custom_campaign_2/data/text/export_prologue.txt.strings.bin is missing
    18:35:16.468 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/custom_campaign_2/data/text/export_prologue.txt is missing
    18:35:16.484 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/custom_campaign_2/data/text/names.txt.strings.bin is missing
    18:35:17.781 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/custom_campaign_2/data/text/names.txt is missing
    18:35:19.234 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/custom_campaign_2/data/text/cursor_action_tooltips.txt.strings.bin is missing
    18:35:19.234 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/custom_campaign_2/data/text/cursor_action_tooltips.txt is missing
    18:35:22.968 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/custom_campaign_2/data/text/FactionIntroSubTitles.txt.strings.bin is missing
    18:35:22.984 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/custom_campaign_2/data/text/FactionIntroSubTitles.txt is missing
    18:35:25.203 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/custom_campaign_2/data/text/quotes.txt.strings.bin is missing
    18:35:25.203 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/custom_campaign_2/data/text/quotes.txt is missing
    18:35:25.281 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/custom_campaign_2/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds is missing
    18:35:25.281 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/custom_campaign_2/data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga.dds is missing
    18:35:26.875 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/custom_campaign_2/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds is missing
    18:35:26.953 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_symbols_80/normans.tga is missing
    18:35:26.953 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_faction_units/normans.tga is missing
    18:35:26.953 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_symbols_80/saxons.tga is missing
    18:35:26.953 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_faction_units/saxons.tga is missing
    18:35:26.953 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_symbols_80/slave.tga is missing
    18:35:26.968 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/_M2_MP_HISTORICAL_BATTLE_CHOOSE_TEAMS.TGA is missing
    18:35:26.984 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/TEXTURES/_M2_MAIN_MENU.TGA is missing
    18:35:27.828 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/buttons_composite2.tga.dds is missing
    18:35:27.828 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/slider_composite.tga.dds is missing
    18:35:27.828 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/slider_composite2.tga.dds is missing
    18:35:27.828 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/border_4pix_black_gold2.tga.dds is missing
    18:35:27.828 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/text_border.tga.dds is missing
    18:35:27.828 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/yellow_highlight.tga.dds is missing
    18:35:27.828 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/border_4pix_black_gold_selected.tga.dds is missing
    18:35:27.828 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/border_4pix_black_gold_black.tga.dds is missing
    18:35:27.828 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/_M2_Selection_Glow.tga.dds is missing
    18:35:27.828 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/unit_card.tga.dds is missing
    18:35:27.828 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/icons.tga.dds is missing
    18:35:34.406 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/custom_campaign_2/data/world/maps/campaign/custom/S_Europe/map_england.tga is missing
    18:35:34.406 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/custom_campaign_2/data/world/maps/campaign/custom/S_Europe/map_scotland.tga is missing
    18:35:34.406 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/custom_campaign_2/data/world/maps/campaign/custom/S_Europe/map_russia.tga is missing
    18:35:34.406 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/custom_campaign_2/data/world/maps/campaign/custom/S_Europe/map_turks.tga is missing
    18:35:34.406 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/custom_campaign_2/data/world/maps/campaign/custom/S_Europe/map_egypt.tga is missing
    18:35:34.406 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/custom_campaign_2/data/world/maps/campaign/custom/S_Europe/map_denmark.tga is missing
    18:35:34.406 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/custom_campaign_2/data/world/maps/campaign/custom/S_Europe/map_poland.tga is missing
    18:35:34.406 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/custom_campaign_2/data/world/maps/campaign/custom/S_Europe/map_aztecs.tga is missing
    18:35:34.406 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/custom_campaign_2/data/world/maps/campaign/custom/S_Europe/map_mongols.tga is missing
    18:35:34.406 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/custom_campaign_2/data/world/maps/campaign/custom/S_Europe/map_timurids.tga is missing
    18:35:34.406 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/custom_campaign_2/data/world/maps/campaign/custom/S_Europe/map_normans.tga is missing
    18:35:34.406 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/custom_campaign_2/data/world/maps/campaign/custom/S_Europe/map_saxons.tga is missing
    18:35:34.421 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/custom_campaign_2/data/world/maps/campaign/custom/S_Europe/leader_pic_england.tga is missing
    18:35:34.437 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/custom_campaign_2/data/world/maps/campaign/custom/S_Europe/leader_pic_england.tga is missing
    18:35:39.890 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/custom_campaign_2/data/world/maps/campaign/custom/S_Europe/descr_battle.txt is missing
    18:35:39.890 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/custom_campaign_2/data/world/maps/campaign/custom/S_Europe/map.rbm is missing
    18:35:39.890 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/custom_campaign_2/data/world/maps/campaign/custom/S_Europe/map.wfc is missing
    18:35:39.968 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/custom_campaign_2/data/text/historic_events.txt.strings.bin is missing
    18:35:39.968 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/custom_campaign_2/data/text/historic_events.txt is missing
    18:35:40.046 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/001.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    18:35:40.046 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/001.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    18:35:40.046 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    18:35:40.046 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    18:35:40.046 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    18:35:40.046 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    18:35:41.109 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Thanks to anyone who can help!

Blog Entries

One is glad to be of service And don't forget good old Irishron

Edit: you are fast with your errors!
    This time there is no help. there are a ton of (non-critical) errors in your EDB at the top of the log, but otherwise it is standard (non-critical).
    Could be an error with the map_features file:
    Make a copy, color the whole file black (RGB 0,0,0,), delete map.rwm and try again.
    Last edited by Gigantus; July 16, 2009 at 12:45 PM.

wait, what?

i dont quite understand exactly what files etc.